Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely a neurotic question, but how did you guys format your CV? Did you use the categories provided (Educational History (colleges attended and degrees earned), Employment History, Medically related work and volunteer experiences; College extracurricular activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities; Community activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities; Hobbies and nonacademic interests)? B/c I'm definitely having a lot of overlap! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a waitlist for interview email... is this a friendly rejection? stats 3.2 sGPA, 3.2cGPA, 505 MCAT (126's, 127 in bio)

Last edited:
Not necessarily. They are only interviewing people with 29+ MCAT right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not necessarily. They are only interviewing people with 29+ MCAT right now.

Is that the only thing they're looking at for sending II's right now? I don't know how optimistic to be about this, lol :confused:

When did everyone shbmit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I submitted my secondary application on 7/11 and saw that I had an interview invite on 7/16. Scheduled it for 8/30. Anyone else interviewing on that day?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary application on 7/11 and saw that I had an interview invite on 7/16. Scheduled it for 8/30. Anyone else interviewing on that day?
Yes sir. Will be interviewing same day as you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that the only thing they're looking at for sending II's right now? I don't know how optimistic to be about this, lol :confused:

Well no. Your GPAs need to be around their averages I'd assume, among other things like ECs. But AZCOM is really big on high MCAT scores.

I was complete the 7th and I haven't heard anything... No pre-interview hold, no rejection. I'm wondering what's going on

Does AZCOM pull LORs from AACOMAS after submitting secondaries? Just wondering because I uploaded my letters after being verified.

I believe they do! I got my letters sent in late and they still marked them as received as soon as they were done :)

Does AZCOM pull LORs from AACOMAS after submitting secondaries? Just wondering because I uploaded my letters after being verified.
They do. Two of my letter writers sent in their recommendations after my app was verified and AZCOM got them immediately.

Pre-interview hold. Just going to assume that I am toast at this school. Best of luck to everyone who got interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering about this school. I am a reapplicant and last time, I got denied an interview only two days after submitting my secondary. I emailed the admissions office asking for feedback, since that's what they suggested I do if I was interested in applying again. Admission's officer surprisingly told me it was because of my low MCAT score (I had a 500 the last time I applied), and did not mention my low GPAs. Suggested that I should retake my MCAT to be more competitive.

I applied again this year with a 508 MCAT and am hoping to hear something back. I submitted my secondary on 7/18 and haven't heard back since.

For those receiving IIs, congrats! When you guys say "via portal," do you mean that you did not receive an email from them letting you know you got an invite? Does this mean you just checked the portal and there was a message there letting you know you had an II? I just checked and nothing for me yet. Just wondering if I should check my portal regularly or just wait for an email letting me know what's up.

Wondering about this school. I am a reapplicant and last time, I got denied an interview only two days after submitting my secondary. I emailed the admissions office asking for feedback, since that's what they suggested I do if I was interested in applying again. Admission's officer surprisingly told me it was because of my low MCAT score (I had a 500 the last time I applied), and did not mention my low GPAs. Suggested that I should retake my MCAT to be more competitive.

I applied again this year with a 508 MCAT and am hoping to hear something back. I submitted my secondary on 7/18 and haven't heard back since.

For those receiving IIs, congrats! When you guys say "via portal," do you mean that you did not receive an email from them letting you know you got an invite? Does this mean you just checked the portal and there was a message there letting you know you had an II? I just checked and nothing for me yet. Just wondering if I should check my portal regularly or just wait for an email letting me know what's up.

For me there was never an email. I checked the portal under interview scheduling. Usually it says something like "you have no interviews at this time", except this one time I checked and it was asking me to schedule my interview for Arizona. I hope that helps.

How long did it take everyone to be complete, with everything marked as received? And do you get an email like how CCOM sends one or the portal checklist just updates? I'm hesitant to call admissions because it says it may take up to two weeks for everything to be downloaded but I'm also worried if I'm missing something in one of my letters.

Mine literally took two weeks to the day. I'd give them some time. The second that two weeks is up though you should give them a call!

Secondary submitted today!

Complete 7/12 ~3.6 and 506 and haven't heard anything!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hello. I submitted my AACOMAS today...do you guys think it would be too late to apply here?

If your stats are good, no. There's people that applied as late as February.

II today via portal (no email) secondary sent 7/19

Hey guys,

I'm still waiting on my new MCAT score to come in and was wondering if someone could post the secondary questions they asked so that I could start on them.

Thanks

1. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

2. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

I've been complete since june 30th and im still under review. I wonder what happened with my file...

II today !! OOS LizzyM <70
2nd received 6/28/2016
2nd sent 7/12/2016

Reactions: 2 users
Primary submitted: 6/24
Verified: 7/7
Received secondary: 7/12
Submitted secondary: 7/24
Complete: 7/25
II: 7/27

I've been complete since june 30th and im still under review. I wonder what happened with my file...
Same here. I emailed them this week verifying that everything was complete. They said it was and my app is still under review. At least I know it's still viable...

Same here. I emailed them this week verifying that everything was complete. They said it was and my app is still under review. At least I know it's still viable...
Interesting. I guess you can say we haven't been put on hold maybe under review a little more lol

Anyone using the same answer that they put on the CCOM secondary for: "Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?"...

So I was complete 7/6 and have heard nothing back... No news is relatively good news... Right? Like at least I haven't been rejected? Idk how to feel about this. Haha

Someone please tell me how to feel