NC State University c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, I'm moving on too!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS moving along as well!!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS here and have received the following emails:
  1. request for evidence of residency status, 10/23
  2. receipt of credentials, 11/6
  3. residency determination, 12/3
Assume next steps would be notification of being sent to committee review, then final decisions in March 2016.

fingers crossed! and best of luck to everyone!

IS here and have received the following emails:
  1. request for evidence of residency status, 10/23
  2. receipt of credentials, 11/6
  3. residency determination, 12/3
Assume next steps would be notification of being sent to committee review, then final decisions in March 2016.

fingers crossed! and best of luck to everyone!

I am IS and got the receipt of credentials and confirmed that my summer transcript arrived but none of the residency determination emails. Im assuming maybe they didn't send them to me because I took a class through NCSU as a non-degree seeking student recently and was determined to be in state then? Excited for the process to start moving a long!

I am IS and got the receipt of credentials and confirmed that my summer transcript arrived but none of the residency determination emails. Im assuming maybe they didn't send them to me because I took a class through NCSU as a non-degree seeking student recently and was determined to be in state then? Excited for the process to start moving a long!

I haven't received NC determination either! :/

OOS state and told I'm moving on! So exciting, but the waiting is agony.

Can any of the current OS students at NC vet school comment on how hard/easy it is to apply and switch to IS tuition after a year? Thank you!

I'm not an OOS student, but many of my friends are and they were all successful at switching to IS. It seems that as long as you follow the guidelines they tell you to and don't do anything stupid you're usually good.

Okay thank you for the information! Just trying to learn as much as possible because I have one more req to take to continue being considered for NC veterinary school. I'm OS so my chances are smaller to get admitted. I'll have to pay for the online course soon...

Okay thank you for the information! Just trying to learn as much as possible because I have one more req to take to continue being considered for NC veterinary school. I'm OS so my chances are smaller to get admitted. I'll have to pay for the online course soon...

What's the req you have left? Animal Nutrition? If so, I just signed up for the Oklahoma State version. I found it to be the cheapest option for me and I liked that it was self-paced. I haven't started yet though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes Animal Nutrition! I've been looking at Purdue/got that approve but I'll check out Oklahoma's version. Thanks!

Ok wow! Oklahoma appears to be about 1/2 the price of Purdue's course. Def did not do my research there. I think I was just hoping I somehow wouldn't have to take an addition prereq.... :)

Yes, I did my undergrad at Purdue and spoke to the professor there about the course. It sounded good and I liked the professor, but cost made my decision for me. I ended up buying the book online (international edition) for $20 with shipping. I read a few reviews elsewhere that it was sufficient if you are strapped for cash.

Hi guys! I applied to NCSU this year and it's one of my top choices. I will actually be on campus during the day on January 18th (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day). I totally forgot that there isn't a scheduled campus tour that day because it's a holiday, so I have a question for any current NCSU DVM students. I know it's a long shot, but are any of you going to be on campus that Monday and might be able to briefly show me and my family around or even just meet with us for lunch to talk about the program? I would love to see the facilities and learn more about NCSU and unfortunately I'm only there for that one day. Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it!

My mom specifically requested that I tell all of you that there's a free lunch and/or baked goods in it for anyone who can help. ;)

Hi guys! I applied to NCSU this year and it's one of my top choices. I will actually be on campus during the day on January 18th (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day). I totally forgot that there isn't a scheduled campus tour that day because it's a holiday, so I have a question for any current NCSU DVM students. I know it's a long shot, but are any of you going to be on campus that Monday and might be able to briefly show me and my family around or even just meet with us for lunch to talk about the program? I would love to see the facilities and learn more about NCSU and unfortunately I'm only there for that one day. Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it!
Hi CastinSilver,

I'm a second year NCSU DVM student, and would be happy to show you around on Martin Luther King Day. I'm also OOS, so I can talk to you about that process as well. Send me a PM and we can set up the details. Safe travels!

OOS applicant wondering when we hear about offer of admissions? I've heard Feb. 1 or 15 but just wondering!

I got an email from admissions saying we would hear by feb 15!:)

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email from admissions saying we would hear by feb 15!:)

Do you think this means that the IS date has been pushed back from the Application Cycle Timeline? Originally I had read Jan 31 for OS and March 1 for IS. Or does that mean you may hear earlier, but you will know for sure by the 15th of Feb?

Either way, Good Luck!

Do you think this means that the IS date has been pushed back from the Application Cycle Timeline? Originally I had read Jan 31 for OS and March 1 for IS. Or does that mean you may hear earlier, but you will know for sure by the 15th of Feb?

Either way, Good Luck!

The email I received confirming that my fall semester transcript had arrived said by Feb 15th for IS and by March 15th for OOS. :thumbup:

The email I received confirming that my fall semester transcript had arrived said by Feb 15th for IS and by March 15th for OOS. :thumbup:

Did you accidentally swap those? I received an email about transcripts that said we would be notified by 2/15 for OOS and 3/15 for North Carolina residents.

Did you accidentally swap those? I received an email about transcripts that said we would be notified by 2/15 for OOS and 3/15 for North Carolina residents.

Haha whoops, yes, good catch. Sorry about that. That is indeed what I meant. :D

I know for FAFSA you only need to enter your parent info if you want to be considered for the health professions student loan. But does anyone know if NCSU requires you put it for any reason? I know some schools require it for need based institutional aid and I wasn't sure if NCSU did as well.

Good luck everyone! I'm just starting my pre reqs as a non-degree seeking student at another IS school, and looking forward to when I get to apply in a few years. Cheers!

Goodmorning everyone!

I received the email about the FAFSA. Except my question is, what if I'm a junior in undergrad, do I still fill out the FAFSA for undergrad in case if I don't get in? It doesn't have an option to do that so that's why I'm asking to see if anyone is in the same predicament?

Thanks! :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is keeping busy to keep their mind off the waiting.

I just received a reminder email about Fall transcripts. I have submitted mine and I got an email saying it was received. I just wanted to confirm this email was sent to all applicants, not just specifically those with outstanding transcript data to submit.

Thanks so much in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got it too and they have all my transcripts.:)

I got it too and they have all my transcripts.:)
Thanks! When I first read it I thought I dreamed of the "receipt of credentials" email I had gotten about my Fall transcripts. I had to go back and look for it just to be sure. I didn't see a statement that said something along the lines of, "If you've already submitted your transcript and we've acknowledged, please ignore this message."

I also received that email today, and know they have my transcripts :)

Hmmm, I haven't received an email from them today, even though they have my transcripts.

Check your spam. I had a financial aid email from them go into my spam.

Not there, and I also don't remember ever getting a financial aid email either

Not there, and I also don't remember ever getting a financial aid email either
I am in the same boat as you. I have been getting some emails (including fall transcript verification), but have not received either of those two emails. I just tried to call, but nobody answered so I will try again tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get any info about this problem!

I haven't received those e-mails either... I called the admissions office but was unable to talk to someone. I hate to be a cynic but are they only sending those e-mails to those still in the running for admission? :(

My financial aid email was also in the spam folder, if this helps anyone! (OOS here)

I haven't received those e-mails either... I called the admissions office but was unable to talk to someone. I hate to be a cynic but are they only sending those e-mails to those still in the running for admission? :(
Maybe it is a technical glitch? Technical glitches happen all the time until someone points them out. If they aren't yet aware of it, they can't fix it. Is there anything common about those of you who haven't gotten it? Maybe a common email server, start letter of last name, does your email server periodically purge spam where you may have missed it?
Stay positive!

Reactions: 1 users
MainER called and they told her that they don't know why some people aren't receiving emails, but they are now aware of the problem. They also said that as long as you have your transcripts in by February 1st and fill out the FAFSA by March 1st, you're good to go.

Reactions: 4 users
I love getting the newsletter from NCSU and seeing what their faculty and students are up to, but I also freak out every time I get a new email from NCSU in my inbox. :p

Reactions: 3 users
Finally got the residency status confirmed! Felt good to hear something from NC State. Lots of people are hearing back from schools already and this helped ease my anxiety a little :)

IS moving on! I agree it was nice just to hear SOMETHING!

Reactions: 2 users