Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silence on all forms of media / human interactions for the past few days. Are they not following previous trends by sending majority of them out in one week (with a few after)?? Who knows what is going on. :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing here too :/ I'm starting to lose hope already :/ Isn't OSU on break after this week?

They didn't want me last year, I'm starting to think they don't want me this year either :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing here too :/ I'm starting to lose hope already :/ Isn't OSU on break after this week?
We still have exams next week, so they're open at least through Wednesday.

I'm still hoping that they still have lots of invites left to send out (and that they find their way to you guys)!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
We still have exams next week, so they're open at least through Wednesday.

I'm still hoping that they still have lots of invites left to send out (and that they find their way to you guys)!
At least the first and second years do :naughty:

I don't think the administrative offices are closed until Christmas though; they're sorting through all the interview stuff for sure (and they're working on stuff for clinics for us third years so I know they're doing stuffs during the time we're not in session)

Reactions: 2 users
In that case I'll be refreshing my e-mail every hour over break. My poor family ;)

Reactions: 1 users
let's hope they're still sorting through it anyways, lol

Fingers crossed well hear something tomorrow!

Got an email this morning with an invitation to interview!

Reactions: 7 users
I am OOS and still nothing....eeeek :eek: i

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI:

This was my email from Sandra Dawkins today:

"We are in the process of review now. The invites should be sent out this week and next week."

That is it. So hopefully we are all going to get one still!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
9d875506add7fa10dd453c27955c8b05fbe1f79d82466c623db4a9e56a5298b3.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Ohio, here I come! :chicken: (I just really love chickens) :banana:

AhhhhhHhHHHHHH! I just woke up with a suspicion that I should check my email, only to find...

I just received an interview invite!! Woohoooooo! :soexcited:

(OOS here)

So glad invites are still rolling out! Congrats everyone who got an invite!
And my fingers are still crossed for the rest of you! :luck:
Ohio, here I come! :chicken: (I just really love chickens) :banana:
Chickens are the best. :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

This waiting is driving me nuts...

FYI:

This was my email from Sandra Dawkins today:

"We are in the process of review now. The invites should be sent out this week and next week."

That is it. So hopefully we are all going to get one still!!!!!

Whew!! Thank you for posting that! :bow: Was starting to get really nervous that all the invites had been sent out and we were SOL!!! *Sigh of relief*

So are the interviews going to be continually sent out throughout the week?

I am rather nervous because I was told that last year out of state applicants were rejected if they had a gpa below 3.7...my 3.65 is sooooo close!

I am rather nervous because I was told that last year out of state applicants were rejected if they had a gpa below 3.7...my 3.65 is sooooo close!
Well if that's the case then I'm definitely out. My GPA is a 3.49

Well if that's the case then I'm definitely out. My GPA is a 3.49
My friend who goes to Penn told me that was the rumor that went around last year...hopefully it wasn't completely true..:shifty:

Hope not I'm like 3.5/3.6

I don't think that is the case. Ohio State looks at applicants whether they are good candidates and don't really look at whether they are in state or out of state (at least that is what we've been told). I believe it because my class just happens to be 50/50.

I don't think that is the case. Ohio State looks at applicants whether they are good candidates and don't really look at whether they are in state or out of state (at least that is what we've been told). I believe it because my class just happens to be 50/50.
I think they try to keep the class ratio 50-50 IS/OOS. It's been that way since at least the class of 2014, so I'd say it's a goal of theirs.

The class of 2018 has an average GPA of 3.4 so there's no way

I have a 3.65 but science gap is lower :/

Based on a few people that I knew that got into Ohio State last year I would say that this would definitely be false.

That was just what I heard from last years applicants for out of staters. In state is a whole different ball park which could attribute to a lower average gpa.

http://vet.osu.edu/sites/default/files/userimages/u42/Class of 2018 Profile.pdf

Also this has last years class having an average GPA of 3.70...once again panicking!
Remember that's the average though, not the minimum :) That means a good portion of the class is under that! I'm an OOS student in the class of 2017 and my overall GPA was 3.6 something (already forget... :laugh: ) My science GPA was around 3.5 I think? I've never heard of a GPA cutoff for OOS before at Ohio State. Plus I know a couple students with 4.0's who were rejected. GPA isn't everything.

I have a 3.65 so I feel better knowing that you were about the same! Still that is a high average compared to some of the other schools!

Received an interview invite this morning!! :eek: Had to read it several times to make sure I wasn't dreaming lol

Good luck to everyone waiting nervously...don't freak out like I did...they are just taking some time to get here!! ;)

No. At the open house the woman told us it's a 3.4

Was the open house geared towards Ohio applicants? Because the average GPA for instate students tends to be lower than OOS students. Also, the matriculating GPA might be lower than the accepted GPA. But with any average, as someone mentioned earlier, you have values both below and above. I hope you guys hear back soon!

Was the open house geared towards Ohio applicants? Because the average GPA for instate students tends to be lower than OOS students. Also, the matriculating GPA might be lower than the accepted GPA. But with any average, as someone mentioned earlier, you have values both below and above. I hope you guys hear back soon!
She didn't specify. It was the head of admissions. I forget her name. And she just went over a PowerPoint of the class of 2018's stats. It was in April so after most ppl had accepted offers! I just took it as an overall average. But who knows!

I just received an invitation!! IS, non-trad, low GPA. So, there is hope!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Does Ohio just send them out continuously through the day? Or all at once?

I'm hoping continuously throughout the day :(

It seems like it but then again I don't know when people heck their email.

At least the previous emails said they continue to send them out into January. :)

Got my interview invite this morning!!!!!! Wahoo IS!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users