Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

What are the chances for oos applicant?Already submitted application.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances for oos applicant?Already submitted application.
About 14% of students are OOS. Probably get around 2000 oos applications each year, but who knows how many of those are actually competitive and/or bother to finish the secondary, etc. You're going to need above average #s for a real shot, but someone has to get those spots.

Reactions: 1 user
About 14% of students are OOS. Probably get around 2000 oos applications each year, but who knows how many of those are actually competitive and/or bother to finish the secondary, etc. You're going to need above average #s for a real shot, but someone has to get those spots.
Thanks for the input

got my secondary today (at work so I can't open the secondary) ! OOS 3.6 c / 3.6 s, 28 (9/9/10) 1000+ hours scribing and other volunteering stuff! Hoping for some love here!

Essays:

1. If not in school, what are your current activities.

2. Why OSU

3. Any additional information you want to provide us

500 words.

"Indicate the name, email address, position or title, and phone number of each person submitting an evaluation on your behalf: "

Anyone know if we are supposed to submit new evals for the secondary? Or is this just the information from the letter writers in your primary app.

How are you guys answering the "Is there any additional information else you would like the college to know about you?" After the primary application and the why OSU I think my answer to the question is "Nope." But I would feel dumb putting nothing

Submitted my secondary yesterday. Got an email that I was "Complete" today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they show a kid from Kansas some midwest love... 3.5 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, 27 MCAT

Submitted my secondary yesterday. Got an email that I was "Complete" today.

When filling out the contact information for the individuals who wrote your evaluations, did you put down both their phone number and email? Or did you just put down email?

I tried calling but the woman who could answer my question was not in the office.

Thanks

Yep get on it. You can call the school and they can provide physicians to shadow

*sigh

I am working with a DO this Friday (I am a scribe). I have worked with him a couple times, I guess I can ask him for a letter but I am worried it wont be a great letter like my others. Urgh, oh well

Does anyone know how the fee waiver is applied? I was approved last month and I went to submit the application and I can't find where I can say I got the waiver. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Does anyone know how the fee waiver is applied? I was approved last month and I went to submit the application and I can't find where I can say I got the waiver. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
You have to call or email the school. They will waive the fee through their system. I submitted my secondary last week with fee waiver.

Has anyone heard back after submitting the secondary? I submitted mine 6/18

I submitted mine on 6/22 and got a complete email the next day

Has anyone heard back after submitting the secondary? I submitted mine 6/18
If you are talking interview invites, it will be a while before they start those. However, after submitting the secondary you should receive a 'your file is complete' email at some point.

File Completed! Excited to start hearing back from these schools!

Two questions if someone can answer please:
1) do they screen
2) i havenT read this myself but heard someone say they require you to do a residency in Okahoma. Is this correct?
Thanks guys

Two questions if someone can answer please:
1) do they screen
2) i havenT read this myself but heard someone say they require you to do a residency in Okahoma. Is this correct?
Thanks guys

No and No

I really like this school, but sadly my app has been verified with 6 letters and one of them being MD. No DO. The soonest I can upload a DO letter is September 1st. I am OOS... is there any chance by then? c3.91, s3.91, new mcat 51%

i'm so confused. i submitted my secondary weeks ago, but i am still not complete, with red next to my letters of recommendation. I submitted all of my letters through aacomas, and none of the other schools have had this issue for me. do you think i should contact OSU or AACOMAS about this?

I really like this school, but sadly my app has been verified with 6 letters and one of them being MD. No DO. The soonest I can upload a DO letter is September 1st. I am OOS... is there any chance by then? c3.91, s3.91, new mcat 51%
You need a DO letter for this school, so get that as soon as you can. September 1st is plenty early enough to be competitive.

i'm so confused. i submitted my secondary weeks ago, but i am still not complete, with red next to my letters of recommendation. I submitted all of my letters through aacomas, and none of the other schools have had this issue for me. do you think i should contact OSU or AACOMAS about this?
Contact OSU, they'll tell you what you need to do (they may just be behind right now with orientation week coming up).

For entering letter writer info, should I just enter my pre med adviser info? Since my letters are all being sent as 1 with my pre med committee letter as the "cover letter"? I.e. I only have 1 virtual eval upload but it's actually a packet with like 6 letters

This might sound silly, but when writing your secondary do you use "they" or "you" when referring to OSU-CHS?

Does the letter of rec need to be from a DO we shadowed? Or can I get one from my boss (who is a DO)?

Does the letter of rec need to be from a DO we shadowed? Or can I get one from my boss (who is a DO)?
It doesn't matter, it just needs to be a DO. The quality of letter may suffer, but in the end all that matters is that it is a DO.

I submitted mine on 6/22 and got a complete email the next day

If you need any OOS specific help for OSU feel free to PM me.

Has anyone heard anything from OSU?

Hey all, thank-you for the incredible feedback and information that has been provided here on SDN. Oklahoma State has been my #1 school of choice since I began really pursuing the goal of becoming a physician (I know, I know, the name of my account was from a long time ago..times have changed!). Today my MCAT score was released and I feel like I did well on all but one section. My scores are as follows:

*NEW*(score) —(Percentile) — *OLD*(Score) — (Percentile)--
C/P - 125 ———— 55% —————— 8 ——————— 55%
CARS - 123 ——— 33% —————— (~6-7)? ———— (6 = 27%) or (7 = 33%)
B/BC - 126 ——— 67% —————— (~9-10)?———— (9 = 56%) or (10 = 76%)
P/S - 128 ———— 88% —————— (~10-11)?———— Not sure..C/P and Bio say it would be an 11, but VR says 10 based on percentiles.
Total - 502 ——— 57% —————— 26 ——————— (26 = 55%)

On the OSU-CHS website it states
  • Minimum of 7.0 (21 total) on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
Does this mean that they require at least the equivalent of a 7 or higher on each subsection, or are they saying it is an average of 7 on each section with a minimum of 21 on the MCAT?

Hey all, thank-you for the incredible feedback and information that has been provided here on SDN. Oklahoma State has been my #1 school of choice since I began really pursuing the goal of becoming a physician (I know, I know, the name of my account was from a long time ago..times have changed!). Today my MCAT score was released and I feel like I did well on all but one section. My scores are as follows:

*NEW*(score) —(Percentile) — *OLD*(Score) — (Percentile)--
C/P - 125 ———— 55% —————— 8 ——————— 55%
CARS - 123 ——— 33% —————— (~6-7)? ———— (6 = 27%) or (7 = 33%)
B/BC - 126 ——— 67% —————— (~9-10)?———— (9 = 56%) or (10 = 76%)
P/S - 128 ———— 88% —————— (~10-11)?———— Not sure..C/P and Bio say it would be an 11, but VR says 10 based on percentiles.
Total - 502 ——— 57% —————— 26 ——————— (26 = 55%)

On the OSU-CHS website it states
  • Minimum of 7.0 (21 total) on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
Does this mean that they require at least the equivalent of a 7 or higher on each subsection, or are they saying it is an average of 7 on each section with a minimum of 21 on the MCAT?
I think it was the total of 21. I'm sure there will be leeway with the new scoring system anyway.

I think it was the total of 21. I'm sure there will be leeway with the new scoring system anyway.
I sure hope so. This is my dream college--I would love nothing more than to attend this medical school,

Hi, everyone.

I was waitlisted at OSU last year and remained on the waitlist until June when I was informed of my rejection :(
As a reapplicant, are my chances of getting in higher?

IS, 3.5 cumulative, 3.3 science, 24 MCAT (taking the MCAT2015 in September)

This might sound silly, but when writing your secondary do you use "they" or "you" when referring to OSU-CHS?
I just referred to the school in 3rd person. So like... "OSU-COM is a great school. I would be honored to attend this school/program."

lop-sided 505 MCAT with CARS and Pysch at 88% and 93% respectively. Will this be decent enough to be considered for the dual DO/PhD program?
In state student with outstandinf LOR's, EC, and mediocre GPA cgpa 3.2 sgpa 3.4
I think so. 88% and 93% are really great percentiles. And an overall 505 I believe is 68-70 percentile. I think you have a good chance.

Did this problem resolve?