Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha yeah but I mean stats are still important, otherwise everyone would get in everywhere haha.

Okay here's your numbers then.

If you are in state I would say you need a 498+ and a 3.4+ to feel like you have a decent shot. (Though people do get in with lower, they probably have other amazing things they bring to the table.

If you are out of state I would say you need a 504+ and a 3.6 + (all the oos people I personally know are above those numbers)

But no matter what your numbers are, you need the experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get accepted? I was so fortunate to get accepted into their dual degree program. I am so thrilled and excited to meet all of you and start learning in the very city I grew up in/around.

Did anyone else get accepted? I was so fortunate to get accepted into their dual degree program. I am so thrilled and excited to meet all of you and start learning in the very city I grew up in/around.
The majority of the people here have been accepted...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted into the dual degree program this year - was hoping for straight admission into the college but I'll have my MBA this time next year and will be starting medical school! Pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was also accepted into the dual degree program this year - was hoping for straight admission into the college but I'll have my MBA this time next year and will be starting medical school! Pretty excited.

Very cool! I am doing their Health Care Administration M.S. Dual degree. I am so humbled and excited to be at OSU!!!

I did the dual MBA program last year. Pm me if you have any questions.

Whats the lowest MCAT/GPA anyone has been accepted with?
I know a couple people personally who got a 21 and a 22. I'm assuming those are probably the lowest scores you can get, since they're less than the minimum requirements of most med schools (usually around a 24). I got the school average (27) and was rejected the first time, so I remember wondering what on earth I did wrong when someone got in six points lower than me haha. But they're doing great in school/boards, so if you have a low MCAT score, it's really not the end of the world. One thing I like about OSU is that they take so much into consideration when you apply. The next year I focused more on ingratiating myself with the faculty, and I promise you that is the best thing you can do when it comes to getting into the school.

I know a couple people personally who got a 21 and a 22. I'm assuming those are probably the lowest scores you can get, since they're less than the minimum requirements of most med schools (usually around a 24). I got the school average (27) and was rejected the first time, so I remember wondering what on earth I did wrong when someone got in six points lower than me haha. But they're doing great in school/boards, so if you have a low MCAT score, it's really not the end of the world. One thing I like about OSU is that they take so much into consideration when you apply. The next year I focused more on ingratiating myself with the faculty, and I promise you that is the best thing you can do when it comes to getting into the school.
How did you get in with the faculty?

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

How did you get in with the faculty?

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile
When you interview at OSU, you'll always have a PhD faculty member and a DO. The faculty members are great to talk to. I've truly never seen a med school with faculty more open to sitting down in their offices and talking to potential students. If you didn't make it (I haven't read through a majority of the thread yet, so I'm not sure what your standing is), I would highly recommend emailing professor(s) at OSU-CHS and asking to talk about what you can do to improve your file or if you can help with research while applying. Just knowing your face and that you're going out of your way to work harder helps significantly, especially if one of those professors are the ones interviewing you. I personally volunteered with a research project on the fourth floor of OSU-CHS.

Is this school heavily instate bias? I know some schools are. (msucom) but cant find any indication of it

Still chillin' on the final waiting list. Classes start on Monday, huh. Anyone know if they send out rejection emails even from the final waitlist? Account still active.