Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a bit frustrated that you can not get a status update until you are declined or invited for an interview...

I think I understand your sentiments. When I looked through last year's thread - it looks like they completed interviews at the end of March. And still, it seemed like there weren't many (if any) reports of pre-interview rejections. I think the fact that some of us haven't heard back since our secondaries suggest to me that this school gives silent rejections and it's really unlikely to receive II at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, just glad I was not the only one floating out there.

Also floating

Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just turned down my seat. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys on the wait list! Good luck! You deserve it

Reactions: 1 users
Just turned down my seat. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys on the wait list! Good luck! You deserve it
Thanks for the update! Where you headed instead? ... Still waiting to hear post-interview--anyone receive a response from March interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the update! Where you headed instead? ... Still waiting to hear post-interview--anyone receive a response from March interviews?
It was really hard choice but I chose Lecom in the end. PCOM seemed awesome through all of it but it just didn't fit what I needed for my fiance and me. Did a lot of research on. Both schools if you have any questions.

Letters went out on the 2nd people. Check your mailboxes!

Question about LOR / applying

Has anyone gotten an interview with three faculty letters vs. getting a pre med committee letter?
It says on their website that pre med committee letter is the preferred? How big of a deal is this vs getting 3 individual letters?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I got my ii in September for early October with only 3 faculty letters ( 2 science and 1 non science) along with 2 DO letters and 1 MD letter. I was accepted by the end of October. I don't think it's a big deal that you don't have the committee letter as long as you have the 2 science and 1 non science letter.

I mean letters for people who had interviews in the second half of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected. :/
But I'll be applying again next cycle.

Best of luck to everyone!

For accepted students: anybody remember the date when the 2nd (larger) deposit is due? I remember it was in April but I cant for the life of me find that paper with the date

For accepted students: anybody remember the date when the 2nd (larger) deposit is due? I remember it was in April but I cant for the life of me find that paper with the date
The due date that was on my paperwork is April 30.

DloopF2,
Was this a post-interview rejection by any chance?

Does anyone know when they review everyone that got deferred decision? And how full their class is? This wait is a little killer! I know they said a decision will be made before May 6, but wasn't sure if someone knew the exact date they were meeting!

Reactions: 2 users
Good Luck Everyone.

Just put in a deferred matriculation request. That may be one more open seat for you guys.

hey guys,

called admissions and asked when the committee is meeting for post interview deferred decisions. Guy said you could receive a call any day from today to the first day of classes? what? I thought decisions were ongoing until may 6th?

It sounds like if you don't get in right after the last deposit date (April 30th) then most "Delayed Decisions" will become the waitlist.

hey guys,

called admissions and asked when the committee is meeting for post interview deferred decisions. Guy said you could receive a call any day from today to the first day of classes? what? I thought decisions were ongoing until may 6th?

Wait, they call? I thought PCOM only communicated decisions via snail mail?

hey guys,

So I called today too and all they could tell me was just what my letter said, that we would hear well in advance of the start of classes...so basically nothing new. Maybe when you called they thought you were talking about the waitlist? Either way I'm just going to assume the May 6 deadline because if I don't I think I'll go insane. This waiting and not knowing anything feels like torture.

So I called today too and all they could tell me was just what my letter said, that we would hear well in advance of the start of classes...so basically nothing new. Maybe when you called they thought you were talking about the waitlist? Either way I'm just going to assume the May 6 deadline because if I don't I think I'll go insane. This waiting and not knowing anything feels like torture.

oh yea I just said deferred decision so maybe they misinterpreted me. I should have said post interview decisions

Yea, I thought that was weird. Im pretty sure it's snail mail maybe phone calls are for waitlist but is anyone even on a waitlist now?
As it gets closer and closer to the start of classes they may call so that we can get everything in. snail mail can take almost a week to arrive and that will eat into any time we might have to send money, fill out forms etc

jesus christ, this has got to be the most neurotic group of kids on a pre-osteo thread.

Has any person on the deferred list (the list where we were told we would hear by May 6th) actually heard anything?

Earlier in the thread someone stated that 2 faculty (science) letters and a DO letter satisfy the requirement, however on the website it says that 3 faculty letters are required (2 must be science).

I was under the impression that you needed 3 faculty letters and that a DO letter would be in addition to this.

Could anyone clarify the letters of recommendation for me please? Also can you submit more than 1 DO letter?

Please and thank you.

Earlier in the thread someone stated that 2 faculty (science) letters and a DO letter satisfy the requirement, however on the website it says that 3 faculty letters are required (2 must be science).

I was under the impression that you needed 3 faculty letters and that a DO letter would be in addition to this.

Could anyone clarify the letters of recommendation for me please? Also can you submit more than 1 DO letter?

Please and thank you.
Mine was 2 faculty and a DO and it was fine.

2 sci faculty then sci/other faculty. DO and employer can be added as additional references

Please and thank you.

For the students who go here: What's PCOM's test schedule like?

I've been accepted to multiple schools. Still, I ask because I am very close with my family, find that family support has helped me through tough times in school, and would like to see them more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas. I live in New York and also have a young nephew here whom I have helped raise once my brother passed away. I hope that I could commute at least two or three weekends each semester to see my family and nephew back home. Thanks :)

Hey, we're the 2 faculty that you sent both science?

Thanks in advance
It is 3 faculty - two must be from science and the third can be from science or other faculty. They must have taught you, and you can send others but I found out the hard way without the ones they want you will not be complete. If you doubt this call the office they are very specific in what they want and your application will remain in limbo without it

Last edited:
Has anyone who got deferred hear anything yet? Starting to lose hope!

I really don't think we will hear anything until after April 30th since thats when deposits are due.

I really don't think we will hear anything until after April 30th since thats when deposits are due.

I don't understand that though are they going to look at everyone in like 5 days? our deadline to hear is May 6th

I don't understand that though are they going to look at everyone in like 5 days? our deadline to hear is May 6th
They have to get everything done for those who have final deposits due by the 30th and then they have to take a look again at everyone who was put on hold or delayed or whatever they call it. It will probably take until at least the 6th before they can figure out how many more seats they can offer and then get the letters out etc etc etc. quite the crazy process I think

Deposit deadline is April 30th. So PCOM will have a list of stats etc of previously accepted students who did not pay. They then can select similar delayed decision students to accept, waitlist or reject. It's really going to come down to the number of available seats.

My guess is adcom meeting on May 1st which is exactly one month since the last one. Letters printed and mailed on the 2nd and then stalk the mailbox. :eek: