RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New episodes of Sherlock on netflix!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think the Sherlocks are real episodes though. Just cast discussions and what not.
Edit: Oh, unless you didn't see season three already. I forgot I actually watched on TV. Just kidding!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Finished biking the MS150 today - 150 miles in 2 days (from Duluth to the Twin Cities). I am so dead tired but excited to have finished (I started it last year but didn't finish due to freezing rain and general misery).

Reactions: 3 users
After a comedy of errors trying to get the bed frame delivered from Ikea, my king size bed graduation gift to myself is finally complete!

Reactions: 2 users
Bf bought me a TrekLight hammock for Christmas and I can't get enough of it. I've never been so relaxed in my life. Only downside is that it's ALL I want to do now. Just lounge in my hammock with a cold drink and a good book all day every day. :cool:

Was out to lunch with an old coworker/friend of mine and totally lost track of time (since I parked at a meter). Of course as I'm walking out there's a traffic cop writing me a ticket (and since it's on the University campus those suckers are like $42). He sees me walking up and asks if its my car and then tears the ticket up. Made my day :D

I'd like to throw a "rave" out to Amy Pajcic, 3rd year at Ohio State! She just rocked it out on American Ninja Warrior! Even though I do not know her and I do not go to Ohio, I feel very proud to see a fellow Vet Student bossing it out :)

I'd like to throw a "rave" out to Amy Pajcic, 3rd year at Ohio State! She just rocked it out on American Ninja Warrior! Even though I do not know her and I do not go to Ohio, I feel very proud to see a fellow Vet Student bossing it out :)
I saw that Monday night! She was really great, and I really admire everyone who is able to do something like that. I know if I would have tried to do it I would have fallen in the water at the first obstacle :p.

fun trip to the aquarium today to play doctor to the local animals! wish it wasnt a 6 hour drive total and i realllly want to share the secret animal we got to play with today, but we had so much fun! lots of cool discussions and treatments :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am done with undergrad! And not the "I don't give a **** anymore" kind of done, which I have been for a while, but finally actually done!:soexcited: And, I am absolutely loving the new job I just started, and I'm loving that I'm getting more responsibilities at my other job, and I have a fun weekend planned, and the last couple days have been lots-of-cute-puppies-at-work days, and I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and I'm just really really happy! And it feels weird to be this cheerful and unstressed lol.

I am done with undergrad! And not the "I don't give a **** anymore" kind of done, which I have been for a while, but finally actually done!:soexcited: And, I am absolutely loving the new job I just started, and I'm loving that I'm getting more responsibilities at my other job, and I have a fun weekend planned, and the last couple days have been lots-of-cute-puppies-at-work days, and I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and I'm just really really happy! And it feels weird to be this cheerful and unstressed lol.
Woo congrats!!!!

She's one of my friends! I grew up with her and was on track and cross country teams with her, then we ended up going to the same undergrad and ran college track together. She's a beast. :) I don't even know how she does it all while still being in vet school...her status updates are always like "flying to X!" "flying to Y!" and I'm just like howwwwwww.

I saw her too! So cool and inspirational bc I love ANW :D

Was out to lunch with an old coworker/friend of mine and totally lost track of time (since I parked at a meter). Of course as I'm walking out there's a traffic cop writing me a ticket (and since it's on the University campus those suckers are like $42). He sees me walking up and asks if its my car and then tears the ticket up. Made my day :D
Well, that's certainly better than the time everybody got tickets for parking at the equine center when it was -30 outside when apparently as one of our classmates was getting into her car (she hadn't been ticketed yet), the person writing out tickets hopped in his truck, drove around and parked behind her car so she couldn't leave before he wrote her ticket.

On a separate note, my rave is that I'm now 1/3 of the way through my master's degree (assuming I passed all my classes in the past 3 weeks...)

Second rave is that I just downloaded the entire Song of Ice and Fire series on ebook, which is going to be my project for the rest of the summer when I'm not trying to write the half a dozen more papers I'm gonna have to write to get myself to being (almost) halfway through my master's degree by the end of August...

Finished the introduction section of my manuscript!! It's super rough and a bit too long, but it's written!

Rave: spending time with my grandmother and family for the first part of Father's Day

Rant: spending time with her crazy neurotic sister as well

So the meds that I take for my chronic migraines made my gain 40 pounds (I know, ugh!). I also can't really exercise because of them. But I lost 15 in ~2 months. I am so happy!

A client gave me a hug today just for taking care of his dog and giving her her Adequan injections. It was just a nice reminder that there are pleasant clients to work with since we've had a couple of rough/busy days lately at work.

Reactions: 1 users
you so obviously don't live in philadelphia.

I finally caved and turned my air conditioning on after a week of it being 90 degrees in my apartment. It feels amazing right now!

90?? Inside? For a week? Holy geez, I couldn't deal with that.
I'm really cheap and I'm subletting from someone who didn't have the AC on when she gave me the keys. My very weird logic told me maybe I wasn't supposed to use the AC. I moved in over a month ago. It's been rough.

After being on a darn plateau for a month, I finally lost again this week. 15lbs down (almost exactly 1 lb/week since I started Weightwatchers). I had a crazy goal of losing 20lbs by our anniversary, which is today, but the plateau won. Still happy with 15. 25 more to go before graduation!

Im so excited!!! Found out today that I will be the new President of Dental Club here at Mizzou!! I really like dentistry, and am interested in potentially doing a residency ( if I could get into one haha).. So im super pumped!!!!! :soexcited::banana::zip:

Reactions: 5 users
I'm staying with a classmate and her parents while I'm on externship. Last night and tonight, I came home to fresh, hot homecooked meals. :D One of those little things that makes me happy.

Ankle surgery went well, they were all really nice at the hospital, the anesthesiologist enjoyed nerding out over drugs and species differences with me and there was no significant ligament damage so only had to plate my fibula. :)

Reactions: 8 users
Ankle surgery went well, they were all really nice at the hospital, the anesthesiologist enjoyed nerding out over drugs and species differences with me and there was no significant ligament damage so only had to plate my fibula. :)
Glad to hear it. Heal quickly

Today I got to watch a tamarin get dental rads, help hold off a sloth's vein for catheter placement, and give sub Q fluids to a lion :banana:
I'm so jealous of your day!

Today I got pooped and peed on, at the same damn time.

Today I got to watch a tamarin get dental rads, help hold off a sloth's vein for catheter placement, and give sub Q fluids to a lion :banana:
Darn... I should have not been a lazy butt and signed up to come today. But I also couldn't find any records of my negative TB test from April, so that would have been a bit prohibitive with the tamarin. The only hands on thing I've gotten to do so far was squeeze an IV fluid bag I was holding up to push through euthanasia solution that had backwashed into the line, which wasn't exactly something to boast about... Didn't know she was gonna be doing a lion today too, though! You'll have to tell me what happened with that.

How?! Where?!

At our school's large animal hospital. Just basically tagging along behind the vet who teaches our zoo topics class.

Darn... I should have not been a lazy butt and signed up to come today. But I also couldn't find any records of my negative TB test from April, so that would have been a bit prohibitive with the tamarin. The only hands on thing I've gotten to do so far was squeeze an IV fluid bag I was holding up to push through euthanasia solution that had backwashed into the line, which wasn't exactly something to boast about... Didn't know she was gonna be doing a lion today too, though! You'll have to tell me what happened with that.
You totally should have. And btw so long as you HAVE the negative TB test, she doesn't actually check, just trusts that we don't lie about it. Plus the vets/techs who didn't have one just had to wear a mask and gloves :shrug:

The lion was an added bonus, she wasn't sure if they were coming today or tomorrow so she didn't bring it up, but they came today :)

You totally should have. And btw so long as you HAVE the negative TB test, she doesn't actually check, just trusts that we don't lie about it. Plus the vets/techs who didn't have one just had to wear a mask and gloves :shrug:

The lion was an added bonus, she wasn't sure if they were coming today or tomorrow so she didn't bring it up, but they came today :)
Good to know, although I wish I had known that a couple days ago... oh well. I've already gotten to see more than most people in our class so I shouldn't complain.

Can I just say... DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!! Well, at least for 8 weeks. But SO glad to finally have a break... I will still be here for almost the whole summer working, but at least that doesn't include studying!

Reactions: 1 users