RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good job!

Which rotation was it?
I'd rather not say, as I'd like to keep up my anonymity a bit, and I have friends on here. Thanks for understanding :)

Members don't see this ad.

Flashback to Halloween 2013 with my sweet Apollo! He was such a trooper for his Chemistry Cat costume. Miss my old man every day! Happy Halloween everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't control those ovaries, you might have a little Elsa next year.

My lack of finances and aversion to small screaming things that can't control their bowels will likely keep them in check.

And no daughter of mine would ever be Elsa. She'd be Machete or some cool ****. that that.

SO CUTE!
Really though, all this time I thought you were a boy :( I've had the baby fever for about a year. So many coworkers and peers having babies makes me want one D: but it will be many, manyyyyy years though lol

JQrSWDm.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Part of me wants to ask 'Why Levi and Vegeta?' The other part thinks it's fabulous and doesn't care lol

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. It thrills me to no end when I can create something that others derive enjoyment from :D

And why? Because why not? :D Hehehe. Seriously though, this video was first conceived of when I thought, "I'd really like to see Vegeta and Levi dance together." I'd previously made a bunch of Vegeta dancing videos and I was just starting to get into making Levi dance, so I guess it's natural that I'd consider putting the two together lol

Around that time I saw a video of a Levi cosplayer who was dancing to Pomp and Circumstance by Shoose (not to be confused with the graduation song). I loved it so much I must have watched it 50 times. Well, that sealed the deal on what song I was gonna use in my video.

About halfway through its creation, though, I realized that having Levi and Vegeta together was not gonna make sense to anybody but me. But I'd already put so much time into individually animating their effects and what not that it would have been a big setback to replace one of them with a different model (e.g. replace Vegeta with Eren, so it's both Attack on Titan characters.) So, I said to heck with that lol

Also, I realized there are some advantages of having two different series in one video :D One is that I can post the video in more places. On Deviant Art, for instance, I belong to a lot of Attack on Titan and Dragon Ball Z groups. I submit my stuff to groups, because it goes in their galleries and gives it more exposure. Well I can submit this to all of those :D

Another advantage is that I was able to please a lot of friends with this video. Some of them love Levi, some love Vegeta, and a couple love both. So I really gotta spread the happiness around :D

So yup, that's the story of why it's Vegeta and Levi! <3

It's finally cooling off in AZ and I am so excited. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Heading to Minneapolis tomorrow for my externship! So excited to go back to this amazing clinic. Anyone at UMN want to meet up some night? I'll be there tomorrow until the 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heading to Minneapolis tomorrow for my externship! So excited to go back to this amazing clinic. Anyone at UMN want to meet up some night? I'll be there tomorrow until the 14th.
Smart coming now before the snow hits! While it did snow last week, nothing stuck, so hopefully your trip will be snow-free :)

The Royals brought it home! Not 30 seconds after the last out, the fireworks started. I love what the last two seasons have done for the KC community. :)

The Royals brought it home! Not 30 seconds after the last out, the fireworks started. I love what the last two seasons have done for the KC community. :)

Is this . . . football? It's football season, right?

I feel like you should lose points for "throwy-catchy ball." That is not correct sports terminology. ;)

Dislike. You have to know how to describe things as a vet. I'll let you work on that.

Reactions: 1 users
The internet tells me this is baseball. But I thought that was a spring-only thing.

In which case, a more accurate description would be throwy-hitty-runny game.

Except 'runny' reminds me of diarrhea. So maybe we'll exclude that one.

Little Shop of Horrors (1986 movie version) was on TV tonight. It's probably my favorite musical and one of my top 5 favorite movies. So many awesome song lyrics and memorable quotes. Also, Ellen Greene is just fun to watch.

"Feed me, Seymour."

Fun bit: I had to explain LSoH to a roommate freshman year because she didn't understand this reference on Family Guy...

Ahahahahahahah. Baseball goes on forever, don't you know that? Pretty sure they start the new season in a week or two.

(Disclaimer: I hate baseball.)
Ugh, while the Jays were playing, I kept thinking, "Now I know how non-hockey fans feel during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Everyone's talking about something, and you just don't care."

I graduate in one month!! :clap: Man the battlestations, enable GPA damage control mode, and begin adding points to calculate A-grade thresholds.

I wants the magic phrase on my expensive piece of paper that means nothing a few years from now.

Reactions: 9 users
A client with a parvo pup from a few months ago who promised to pay later, actually did so, and gave me a thank you card with a gift certificate for the local comic book shop. :D

Reactions: 7 users
A client with a parvo pup from a few months ago who promised to pay later, actually did so, and gave me a thank you card with a gift certificate for the local comic book shop. :D

That's so awesome!! We had to stop doing this at my vet because so many people would fall off the face of the Earth and never pay :( so sad.

I won pizza and beer off of a blocked cat promise to pay client once. These clients restore my faith in humanity.

Reactions: 5 users
Temple Grandin is coming to my undergrad to speak in January!!! :D That will be awesome!!

Just told my boss that there is nothing that will keep me from going to that. lol.

On a side note, it kind of depresses me that it wasn't the pre-vet club that got her to come speak. It was the high school FFA group. The school complains that the pre-vet club isn't active enough. They even gave them a boat load of new possibilities/money ever since they reopened it. They haven't done anything with it though. :/ It's kind of lame.

Just told my boss that there is nothing that will keep me from going to that. lol.

On a side note, it kind of depresses me that it wasn't the pre-vet club that got her to come speak. It was the high school FFA group. The school complains that the pre-vet club isn't active enough. They even gave them a boat load of new possibilities/money ever since they reopened it. They haven't done anything with it though. :/ It's kind of lame.

That sucks. They are wasting all that money!

That sucks. They are wasting all that money!

That club has been struggle bussing since my junior year. That year was bad. Then we decided to close it senior year because we all simply didn't have time and didn't have a lot of support through the school. I was really excited they got back up and running. But oh well. Things happen.

Back to raving!!!

Absolutely loving my externship and will definitely keep them on my list for the match if I end up pursuing that next year!! Its pretty stressful being here and only having been on my oncology rotation, but it is still going well!!! And its warm here and all my friends in COMO are freezing their butts off! YAAAY :D

Reactions: 4 users
Main doctor at the clinic told me he's going to spend extra time teaching me things, explaining his thought process, and asking me questions to help me start thinking like a doctor. He's basically my favorite person :biglove:

Reactions: 10 users
I'm so tired, but every single day I'm reminded of how much more I like clinics than all the didactic crap I went through before this. Every block I feel more and more like I can do this medicine thing after all.

I was also called a gunner by someone today, which was super weird - but I suppose a little flattering in an also somewhat insulting way. They've obviously never seen my class rank. :p

PhD finished!!! Let's bring on the interviews now!

Reactions: 6 users
My bosses are awesome.

i asked for new anesthetic drugs... I got new drugs.
I begged for a new fluid pump....it magically appeared in the clinic.
I wanted doppler BP...UPS brought it a few days later.
I mentioned how nice digital dental rads would be and how tired I was of hand-dipping the films.. Got delivered today! and I signed up for a small fortune in dental CE.

I'm getting spoiled. Every wish I put on the want list comes true!

Reactions: 15 users
My bosses are awesome.

i asked for new anesthetic drugs... I got new drugs.
I begged for a new fluid pump....it magically appeared in the clinic.
I wanted doppler BP...UPS brought it a few days later.
I mentioned how nice digital dental rads would be and how tired I was of hand-dipping the films.. Got delivered today! and I signed up for a small fortune in dental CE.

I'm getting spoiled. Every wish I put on the want list comes true!

Doesn't that feel awesome?

In the past half year, the three major things on my wish list were digital dental rads (because yes, full mouth x twice plus more on dip tank on each patient was really annoying), Bair hugger because the hot dogger by itself was just not cutting it, and a petmap cause I like the Doppler but it sucks for the awake nervous hypertensive pet.

The first two appeared, and the third is coming. I was prioritizing and haven't asked for the im3 dental unit, but now that I have everything I've wanted has come, I'm going to do it! Supposedly it's been approved, so I just need to push for it to appear. Teehee maybe it will be here for Christmas?

I would really like an ultrasound, but I don't think I could justify the cost of one with the billable services I would use it for. It would make my life easier, but for what I would be using it for (fluid checks/taps, looking for masses in effusion cases, bladder stone/mass check, and cystos), I don't think we would ever pay it back. I have a radiologist nearby who can do full ultrasounds and a few cardiologists, so it's not like I'm going to be doing full echos/aus and charging appropriately for it.

It feels really nice to know that my needs and input for bettering the practice are respected :)

Reactions: 1 users