RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Worked a 12 hour ER shift today and saw a whopping one case for euthanasia first thing this morning! Normally I see 6-10 cases per shift so this was quite a surprise. We lost power for awhile from the TS passing through so maybe our lack of phone service and the rain kept people away. Either way, although it was absurdly boring to sit around for 12 hours, it was glorious! And I still have power at home tonight :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Kinda a lame rave, and I'm sure I'll get many eye-rolls, but... I just registered and got approved for VIN! So. Much. Information. :eek:

Reactions: 4 users
Kinda a lame rave, and I'm sure I'll get many eye-rolls, but... I just registered and got approved for VIN! So. Much. Information. :eek:
Oh my god not lame at all. First thing I did when I "got" my school email, and I am currently paying for it out of pocket because my student membership expired end of May. Love VIN. PM me if you have any questions about navigating, it can take a little to get used to.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god not lame at all. First thing I did when I "got" my school email, and I am currently paying for it out of pocket because my student membership expired end of May. Love VIN. PM me if you have any questions about navigating, it can take a little to get used to.

I'm dreading having to pay for it out of pocket. I'm waiting to see if my internship has a group log in or something because I can't remember if they provide it or not.

Highly likely that we're writing an offer on a house tomorrow! Excited but wanting to hurl at the same time.

We have to go in below the listing price, but you never know. We've been told there's another offer supposedly in the works, so we may not end up getting the house. Still, what a huge step. Makes me even more excited to finish school and become a real person.

I need to do this!! But given the fact that I'm getting more nervous than excited at the fact that school starts in two weeks, I may need to hold off.

Highly likely that we're writing an offer on a house tomorrow! Excited but wanting to hurl at the same time.

We have to go in below the listing price, but you never know. We've been told there's another offer supposedly in the works, so we may not end up getting the house. Still, what a huge step. Makes me even more excited to finish school and become a real person.
Don't do it, it's a trap!

Weird rave, but I love skin conditions, and today I didn't even have to feel bad about it because the puppy that had a super classic case of scabies got picked up by a rescue.

I always have fun going into work and examining/medicating my bald little friends.

Reactions: 1 user
Weird rave, but I love skin conditions, and today I didn't even have to feel bad about it because the puppy that had a super classic case of scabies got picked up by a rescue.

I always have fun going into work and examining/medicating my bald little friends.

I love ear infections. Cleaning ears is so gratifying and when you're collecting a swab and they start shaking their legs because it itches, I think it's adorable, but I do feel bad for them. Plus ear swabs are my favorite slides to read with the microscope. We all have our weird things we like. :p

I love ear infections. Cleaning ears is so gratifying and when you're collecting a swab and they start shaking their legs because it itches, I think it's adorable, but I do feel bad for them. Plus ear swabs are my favorite slides to read with the microscope. We all have our weird things we like. :p

Ear mites :love::love:

Not weird! I love hot spots personally. When a dog comes in w one and they're miserable, and we shave and clean it, it's like it's immediate relief for the poor thing. So satisfying!

Not weird! I love hot spots personally. When a dog comes in w one and they're miserable, and we shave and clean it, it's like it's immediate relief for the poor thing. So satisfying!
I just love figuring out why dogs and cats are bald/itchy/scabby. Demodex, sarcoptic mange, notoedric mange, ringworm, flea allergy dermatitis, the list goes on and on.

Members don't see this ad :)
So horrible - but one of my favourite things from my RAVS trip was all the sarcoptes reservation dogs that had that classic pinnal-pedal reflex. I harassed so many pups' ears...

Last edited:
So horrible - but one of my favourite things from my RAVS trip was all the sarcoptes reservation dogs that had that classic pinnal-pedal reflexes. I harassed so many pups' ears...
Our puppy yesterday had a classic pinnal-pedal reflex! One of the many reasons I love our scabies babies.

Took a day for me today. Got scrimps, avocado, a little broccoli, carrots, cheddar cheese block, and almonds and some corona with lime. Cold scrimps seasoned with bit of lemon, sea salt and cracked pepper. Add some Ru Paul Drag Race equals Lupin quite happy. Tonight when it cools off I'll head out and sit in the backyard while the fire flies provide ambience for me and my animules. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Worked a 12 hour ER shift today and saw a whopping one case for euthanasia first thing this morning! Normally I see 6-10 cases per shift so this was quite a surprise. We lost power for awhile from the TS passing through so maybe our lack of phone service and the rain kept people away. Either way, although it was absurdly boring to sit around for 12 hours, it was glorious! And I still have power at home tonight :D

Can you feel my seething rage from over here? :)

ImageUploadedBySDN1465427515.971607.jpg

Who has two thumbs and is a Hufflepuff? ME!!

Hubby and I finally got to go to Harry Potter World and had a blast.

Also, if you've never seen this video, you need to and you're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
View attachment 204875
Who has two thumbs and is a Hufflepuff? ME!!

Hubby and I finally got to go to Harry Potter World and had a blast.

Also, if you've never seen this video, you need to and you're welcome.

I was just in Diagon Alley on Sunday! Going to hogsmeade next weekend :) hope you had a blast!!

You guys make me want to reread the series during my vacation time coming up.

Took my dog to the groom for essentially the first time and he looks handsome!! This may have to happen more frequently.

Also, got my new car stereo hooked up so I'm all ready for my road trip this week and my move next week. Yay for finally having Bluetooth audio in the car and not having to fiddle with finding a radio station every 25 miles.

Took my dog to the groom for essentially the first time and he looks handsome!! This may have to happen more frequently.

Also, got my new car stereo hooked up so I'm all ready for my road trip this week and my move next week. Yay for finally having Bluetooth audio in the car and not having to fiddle with finding a radio station every 25 miles.
Post pics!

Sorry it's huge. I don't know how to make things smaller. =/

Prior to grooming, he looks a little like Albert Einstein with some crazy hair
10625031_10152614591369501_301371653096789685_n.jpg

And now he's all sleek looking. I swear it makes him look younger too.

13344597_10154201993349501_7766155978349497733_n.jpg
I would snuggle the **** out of your dog.

So I feel like my life has been two steps forward, three steps back lately. I naively thought my parents were out of the woods, but apparently my father went to an orthropedic surgeon today, and they basically told him that due to his circumstances, if he undergoes surgery to fix his arm, he has a 50% chance dying on the table due to a blood clot. 50%... that's so high and it's all I can think about :(
My father ended up switching surgeons..... and his surgery today went exceedingly well! He has a chance of losing quite a bit of motility in his shoulder joint.. but he is alive and doing well and that's all I could ask for :love:

Reactions: 18 users
My father ended up switching surgeon's..... and his surgery today went exceedingly well! He has a chance of losing quite a bit of motility in his shoulder joint.. but he is alive and doing well and that's all I could ask for :love:
so happy to hear this!

Just completed my first solo flight. Look ma, no legs! :roflcopter:

Reactions: 16 users
Just got back from a free boot fitting seminar from REI. I was almost too lazy to leave the house and go, but it was SO helpful. Not ready to invest in a new pair of boots today, but I know better what to look for, and I know which guy at my local REI is going to be super helpful when I do get some new ones.

Just ordered myself an entire large pizza, buffalo wings, and Dr. Pepper. Gonna have a nice, quiet, rainy night of WW, Netflix, and food. :D

Reactions: 7 users
Just ordered myself an entire large pizza, buffalo wings, and Dr. Pepper. Gonna have a nice, quiet, rainy night of WW, Netflix, and food. :D
I made salmon and had some avocado on the side. I think watching all this RuPaul is making me feel fishy...

I made salmon and had some avocado on the side. I think watching all this RuPaul is making me feel fishy...

Given the horrific events in Orlando today, I think some fabulousness is desperately needed.

I went into Greenhawk* today to buy jodhpurs. And promptly found a dozen other things the horse needed. When she saw everything I was buying and found out that I'm not from the area, the clerk called her manager to get me the sale prices for next week so I saved like $200.

*Canadian tack shop franchise

Reactions: 7 users
Sometimes I get discouraged (not to mention jealousy rearing its ugly head) by all my classmates who are going on such amazing trips this summer that I could never afford without loans (Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.), but then I remember all the things I've gotten to do on my own externship, the money I'm making AND saving by not traveling. Then I get an offer to work for 2 weeks at my old clinic where the doctor typically pays me really well plus my mom will be paying for my hotel at the AAZV Conference...it helps to remind me that I'm lucky/fortunate in other ways.

Reactions: 4 users
6 weeks of food animal stand between me and comic-con.
This weekend, my gf and I decided to go home for a week in VA after SDCC and just relax by a pool. I can't wait!! I haven't had a break since Christmas.

Reactions: 3 users
May I just state how freaking amazing eBay is? I've got a bunch of video games, books, and other knick-knacks I'm looking to sell before I move to Ames. I just started today and have already sold and shipped out three items for over $60 profit combined. AWESOME. :prof:

May I just state how freaking amazing eBay is? I've got a bunch of video games, books, and other knick-knacks I'm looking to sell before I move to Ames. I just started today and have already sold and shipped out three items for over $60 profit combined. AWESOME. :prof:
HOW DO YOU DO THIS.

I put some books up a couple weeks ago and the majority of views are from me. :oops:

HOW DO YOU DO THIS.

I put some books up a couple weeks ago and the majority of views are from me. :oops:

Back when my mom lost her job I tried to sell my apple watch to help out and this dude was like, "only if you send me the watch first and then I'll pay you..." Nope.

HOW DO YOU DO THIS.

Haha. Well, right now I'm working on getting rid of the video games to build up my feedback/reputation (I've bought from eBay many, many times before but this is my first time really selling anything) and net good money from the get-go. They're big titles (Pokemon, Mario, etc), so they go insanely quickly. I had one listing that was literally purchased this morning within five minutes of going online. I get the feeling that the books aren't going to go as easily. :oops:

Back when my mom lost her job I tried to sell my apple watch to help out and this dude was like, "only if you send me the watch first and then I'll pay you..." Nope.
Eesh. Yeah, you need to be careful with big value electronics. I've heard lots of similar stories, none of which ended particularly well.

I got Mastiff kisses today! I love being back at my old shelter!!!

It's a girl!!!!!!!!!!! Mom and baby are both very healthy and home now! :claps::love::soexcited: Born 3:56 AM Saturday!

Reactions: 6 users
My SA clinic I work at had record breaking sales (and 72 new clients) in May, so the owner/ head veterinarian gave us all bonuses! :greedy::)