*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Same I check my email every 30 mins it's sickening

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
i wonder if those who interviewed late feb or last week have heard anything... i thought of calling Lisa, but I thought I should wait till like next week or so...

I interviewed recently and haven't heard anything. They didn't really give a set date on when they would let you know their decision. All they said was it could go on till the end of May. I remember her mentioning that in the end of April, people have to make a final decision so it could be then. If you're accepted they send an email, if you're wait listed or rejected it comes in the mail. #foreverwaiting

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just e-mailed them since my application has been on hold since November. The committee is still reviewing applicants for interview consideration, which is encouraging!

Just e-mailed them since my application has been on hold since November. The committee is still reviewing applicants for interview consideration, which is encouraging!

I was just told interview rounds are over with ?

I was just told interview rounds are over with ?
The e-mail I just received from admissions said "Your file is complete and is being reviewed by the committee for interview consideration. Final decisions will be made by the end of this month. Thank you for following-up!"

Reactions: 1 user
When I scheduled my interview which was in February, the final dates that they offered were in the first two weeks of April.

has anyone tried to call this week?? I tried every single day, no one answers... They might be on their spring break... I was hoping Lisa had an idea of when will we hear anything... it is getting pretty depressive...

has anyone tried to call this week?? I tried every single day, no one answers... They might be on their spring break... I was hoping Lisa had an idea of when will we hear anything... it is getting pretty depressive...
Lisa e-mailed me back within 24 hours the other day, very helpful!

I interviewed in Feb and was waitlisted a week after. I called today to ask about any movements in the waitlist and Lisa told me that she expects a lot of movement in April. She also said they don't rank the applicants on the waitlist. So basically, no new information haha.

waitlisted today via aadsas portal..oh well!
interviewed in March

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in Feb and was waitlisted a week after. I called today to ask about any movements in the waitlist and Lisa told me that she expects a lot of movement in April. She also said they don't rank the applicants on the waitlist. So basically, no new information haha.

is it april 1st when the deposits are due? or I think I heard people with multiple spots have to drop a spot. Is that right?

Checked AADSAS today and I was waitlisted (darn) I interviewed in March. Any advice on what to do from now? Should I send an email emphasizing my dedication or like a letter of intent?

How do they not rank the waitlist? That's absurd. Then they will only randomly be pulling people off which doesn't make much sense to me..
it doesn't make sense, thats true.... if there are more than 100 on he waiting list, it is nearly impossible to re-check all those applications again every time they want to accept someone... there must be some kind of ranking... they might just wanna keep it secret or something...

it doesn't make sense, thats true.... if there are more than 100 on he waiting list, it is nearly impossible to re-check all those applications again every time they want to accept someone... there must be some kind of ranking... they might just wanna keep it secret or something...
They probably just say that so they don't have to tell someone where they are on the wait list every time there's movement, because they would get phone calls constantly.

If there is any movement on the waitlist it'll start after April 5th (most likely around April 20th) which is when AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. According to ADEA "a dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."

Sooo, has anyone heard anything from Lisa? I'm waitlisted but I've been trying to call her for the past month with no luck. She isn't responding to my emails either.

Sooo, has anyone heard anything from Lisa? I'm waitlisted but I've been trying to call her for the past month with no luck. She isn't responding to my emails either.
I have been trying to call her too it has been at least 2 weeks with no luck..... I was thinking to e-mail her, but now that u've mentioned that she doesn't respond to that either, I'm thinking to skip that too...

This was her reply to my email asking about the movement/ranking of the waitlist:

"We do not rank our alternates, as we take post-interview reviews into account. There will be no more scheduled rounds, the committee will send out offers as the deem necessary from this point on."

i called last week.. and i have been told that the last interview date is next thursday (14th).. and they expect a lot of movements on the waiting list during this month... we will see!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just checked my email and I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! :banana::highfive::soexcited: Email came at 3:33PM today in case anyone was wondering. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just checked my email and I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! :banana::highfive::soexcited: Email came at 3:33PM today in case anyone was wondering. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!
Congratulations!
If I may ask, when did you interview and which campus? I'd also heard they mail decisions out. You received your acceptance through email?

I was in the 2nd interview group in August. Got wait-listed in December but happy to say that the list does move! Will be at Bradenton campus and was emailed but they send a packet out through mail. So pumped now, Good luck to everyone else! There is still room for you guys!

I was in the 2nd interview group in August. Got wait-listed in December but happy to say that the list does move! Will be at Bradenton campus and was emailed but they send a packet out through mail. So pumped now, Good luck to everyone else! There is still room for you guys!
Awesome!

I wonder if they sent out all acceptances today or if there's more throughout the month

Congratulations!
If I may ask, when did you interview and which campus? I'd also heard they mail decisions out. You received your acceptance through email?
doesn't everyone interview at Bradenton? and attend the Bradenton campus...?

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if I am the only one who got an email saying that I am being withdrawn from the waitlist.
Portal updated to "accepted the waitlist position" a while ago, so I assumed I didn't have to do anything.

LECOM's email said since I did not respond to the waitlist snail mail, they were withdrawing me.
Well, I didn't even get the snail mail so there was no way of responding anyway.

I emailed them back and got back on the list. Woohoo! hopefully I am on top of the list :p

Strange happening indeed.

Congrats!! Now you don't have to check ur email a million times a day anymore !!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations! Glad to see the wait list start to move, and good luck to you!

Thank you everyone! And, yes I did update them every so often such as updated letter of intent, LOR, and volunteering activities. I wish everyone the best of luck! The wait list does move so keep hope!

Thank you everyone! And, yes I did update them every so often such as updated letter of intent, LOR, and volunteering activities. I wish everyone the best of luck! The wait list does move so keep hope!
how many letters of intent did you send? I've sent two since my interview at the end of November. I sent one right after & then another a couple months later. it's like there's only so many ways to explain to them how much you want to go to their school & that they're you're number one choice lol

how many letters of intent did you send? I've sent two since my interview at the end of November. I sent one right after & then another a couple months later. it's like there's only so many ways to explain to them how much you want to go to their school & that they're you're number one choice lol

I think at this point you need to take ur relationship with LECOM to the next level and express ur interest with the L word. That's right love lol jk. It's still early April give them some time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well, I interviewed in August and sent a letter of intent a day later. Then in February I sent them an updated one to remind them that I was still interested. If you interview a month ago or recently I wouldn't send a second one ha :)

I wonder if I am the only one who got an email saying that I am being withdrawn from the waitlist.
Portal updated to "accepted the waitlist position" a while ago, so I assumed I didn't have to do anything.

LECOM's email said since I did not respond to the waitlist snail mail, they were withdrawing me.
Well, I didn't even get the snail mail so there was no way of responding anyway.

I emailed them back and got back on the list. Woohoo! hopefully I am on top of the list :p

Strange happening indeed.
The same thing happened to me! I think it was an IT issue because my portal also said applicant accepted wait list position.

hey guys I need your opinion between LECOM, UF, and NSU. If accepted to all 3 which one would you attend and why? I am applying this year and I would like to know your reason, particularly from any current LECOM dental student. Thanks :)

hey guys I need your opinion between LECOM, UF, and NSU. If accepted to all 3 which one would you attend and why? I am applying this year and I would like to know your reason, particularly from any current LECOM dental student. Thanks :)
NSU or UF
Only go to Lecom if it is your only acceptance; no opportunity to specialize, poor faculty

NSU or UF
Only go to Lecom if it is your only acceptance; no opportunity to specialize, poor faculty
Whats your resource on this? Im a current student and I can tell you we all love the faculty and theres plenty of students doing GPR/AEGD and specialty residencies next year.