*** The Official Nova Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Received letter saying I'm a "High Hold" candidate. Is this just there way of saying waitlisted or are they different?

Waitlist. But very high in the list. When people start withdrawing their acceptances, you'll likely hear from Nova.

Members don't see this ad.

I received the same "High Hold" letter, but I believe all the waitlisted people receive the same one

Question for all of you- why did you choose Nova with the very high price of the school instead of another much cheaper school? T

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the high waitlist letter last night

I turned down my interview offer. Hope it serves someone else.

Question for all of you- why did you choose Nova with the very high price of the school instead of another much cheaper school? T

Nova OOS is cheaper than my state instate.

Nova OOS is cheaper than my state instate.

What is your instate school if you don't mind me asking? Nova is roughly 100,000 a year with room & board, tuition, instruments, books, etc. correct???

u leaning towards Nova? i have two other acceptances but im going here for sure!!

I am not sure. Still crunching numbers.

What is your instate school if you don't mind me asking? Nova is roughly 100,000 a year with room & board, tuition, instruments, books, etc. correct???

My instate tuition costs $65k in tuition alone. $96k including housing, tuition, instruments, etc. OOS is close to $130k for everything per year.

Can someone drop their spot at nova so I can get into my dream school? Plsssss. Im wait listed.

Jk. But foreal.

I am not sure. Still crunching numbers.

My instate tuition costs $65k in tuition alone. $96k including housing, tuition, instruments, etc. OOS is close to $130k for everything per year.
lol, sounds like you're talking about MUSC...crazy expensive!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think when people start turning down acceptances, they'll have room to invite applicants to join the class.

The next wave may be around Dec 10-15th. Then definitely after Jan 1st, 2015 when the deposits are due.
They will make another round of decisions on Jan 5th. Dr. Lippman said that the committee makes a new list (Those waitlisted and those who interviewed in December) and then send acceptances. From there I assume it's rolling.

Last edited:
Rutgers vs NOVA ?
Opinions guys ?

Accepted!! I'm between Nova and UoLV :smack:.... Any help please? :shrug:

Just wondering for the people who've been accepted what were your stats, extracurricular,and state?

Also do you have any advice for the interview??
Average GPA (3.5) with a biochem degree from a fairly competitive undergrad. 23/AA TS/21 RC/25 QR/25 OC/23 GC/21 Bio/20 PAT/19

For interview it's so different that it caught me off guard. Just know who you are almost like branding yourself. The interviewers will talk about whatever floats your boat and get to know you so just don't bs them. I feel like just being honest and yourself will get you points but Idk I'm just one person.

Reactions: 1 users
They will make another round of decisions on Jan 5th. Dr. Lippman said that the committee makes a new list (Those waitlisted and those who interviewed in December) and then send acceptances. From there I assume it's rolling.
So by this does Dr. Lippman mean that the next possible date to get accepted from now on is Jan 5th? I'm sure we could get notified earlier right? I'm asking because I've been refreshing my mobile app multiple times within the past two days and would relieve some stress if I didn't have to do this. I'm waitlisted as a high hold candidate and Jan 5th seems like a super long time!

Hey if anyone is interested I just got accepted to my top school so I will be cancelling my interview with NOVA which is scheduled for this Friday the 5th. I don't even have a flight scheduled so I am 100% sure that I will be canceling first thing tomorrow morning. About 8am pacific time....

So by this does Dr. Lippman mean that the next possible date to get accepted from now on is Jan 5th? I'm sure we could get notified earlier right? I'm asking because I've been refreshing my mobile app multiple times within the past two days and would relieve some stress if I didn't have to do this. I'm waitlisted as a high hold candidate and Jan 5th seems like a super long time!
It depends on what happens to the people who got accepted. If a lot of them do not notify the school until late December, than you may not hear back until Jan. 5th. You CAN get notified earlier, but it depends where you are on the list. Lastly, if you don't hear back by the 5th, understand that the wait list gets modified so you may move up or down the list... Dr. Lippman said that he expects about 30% to accept by Jan 1. That leaves a lot of seats open for the rest of us.

It depends on what happens to the people who got accepted. If a lot of them do not notify the school until late December, than you may not hear back until Jan. 5th. You CAN get notified earlier, but it depends where you are on the list. Lastly, if you don't hear back by the 5th, understand that the wait list gets modified so you may move up or down the list... Dr. Lippman said that he expects about 30% to accept by Jan 1. That leaves a lot of seats open for the rest of us.
Ahh gotcha, so basically you just gotta be alert every day. Thanks man! I'm wondering if I should call the admissions every so often to just show interest in the school. It's my #1 choice.

does anyone here have a +jan interview date? i have one on the 7th and would like to cancel.

Hey applicants and future D1's! I am currently a D1 at nova and I thought i'd stop by and give you guys a bit of hope. Let me start off my saying congrats to all of you for getting this far. You are headed in a competitive and amazing career. I was in your shoes last year and I remember the stress and anxiety that comes along with applying. If you guys have any questions I will do my best to answer them for you. We are in the middle of finals, but I'll make the time :).

First off, a major question that is asked, why nova?

NOVA has I some of the most wonderful faculty and staff. They are consistently motivating and pushing us to do better. They treat us all with a great deal of respect and care. They are like our parents for the next four years. The classmate comradery is pretty special here at nova. We pride ourselves in helping one another grow as students and future professionals. I don't think you'll find so many kind and supportive people all in one program. The upper class-mans actually go out of their way to help the underclassman's. The admission board seems to be very picky in this regard, making sure to choose motivated, bright, and supportive applicants.

I know there's a history of difficulties in the clinic from past years, but I assure that is no longer the issue. Most 3rd and 4th years have more than enough patients to satisfy their graduating needs.

Nova is a mixed bunch. We come from all around the world including France, Canada, Korea, and South America.

We have a very strong ASDA chapter here at NOVA, the vice-president is actually a D3.

It's 72 degrees outside right now on Dec. 5th...

My advice:

Go with your gut and where you feel you will grow most as a person. Choose the school that fits your vibe. Trust me, it can make a big difference with your experience in dental school. I wake up everyday grateful for my decision, if not I would not be writing this post that took me 20 mins. Good luck!

Reactions: 11 users
For those who got accepted, do you know how can we pay the acceptance fee..?

Does anyone have the other man that interviewed students with Dr. Lippmann early September interviews? He gave me his card to call and email but I lost it and I can't remember his name!

Does anyone have the other man that interviewed students with Dr. Lippmann early September interviews? He gave me his card to call and email but I lost it and I can't remember his name!
Must have been Harvey Quinton, when I interviewed he was the only other person there besides Dr. Lippman, so maybe he's your guy!

Could anyone please explain what is "High Hold" means? Is it same as just wait list or top 60 wait list? Some post say they are just same as wait list other post say they are top 50-60 wait list? What is the acceptance rate for high hold and how fast they move?

For those who got accepted, do you know how can we pay the acceptance fee..?

Within your letter should have been a link to the Touchnet system. Use that to make payment.

Did anyone's status change? I got wait listed and keep checking Webstar and ADDSAS, but nothing yet.

Did anyone's status change? I got wait listed and keep checking Webstar and ADDSAS, but nothing yet.
Oh man, I'm with you on that one. Can't log on webstar for some reason, never could but I've been refreshing the aadsas and mobile page over and over again since dec 1st. I might call them today. They are really stressing us hard.

For those accepted, do they want our official transcripts by the same due date as your initial deposit? Thanks.

Do you guys know how much the vaccines cost? On the facebook page there is a list of the ones we need to have...i have insurance but im not sure if those vaccines are covered :/

I am reluctantly going to be declining my offer- 400,000 is just to high of a cost to justify.

Has anyone heard from the school yet since December 10th? Still stressing. When you guys call the school do you call nova office of admission? Cause this lady who I have no idea who she is picks up and just tells me my status hasn't changed.

Nothing here either. I have called them few times and they say there is no change in your status.

Nothing here either. I have called them few times and they say there is no change in your status.
I am emailing Lippman and zarrett just to get this thing done and show interest. They are draining us lol.

I will be declining my offer.

Hopefully it'll go to one of you deserving souls.

Good luck, I can't imagine the anxiety.

I am emailing Lippman and zarrett just to get this thing done and show interest. They are draining us lol.
If you are in SoFlo, I would suggest paying Dr. Lippman a visit so that when Jan 1st comes around your name comes up!

Yea, I wrote a letter email to dr. Lippmann and dr. Harvey who interviewed me and I got no response back either.

Yea, I wrote a letter email to dr. Lippmann and dr. Harvey who interviewed me and I got no response back either.
aight so i guess we're good then. Hopefully jan 1st they can accept us alrdy

I sent him an email, so lets see if he replies. Thanks for providing his email folks.