Tufts c/o 2019 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many people that they interview, they take?

290 interviews for 98 seats. Not sure about the IS/OOS ratios though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how gaining IS residency works for married students? I'm an IL resident but if I'm admitted to Tufts my husband would move with me and practice law there. I know some schools (like Mizzou) grant immediate IS residency under that scenario. Does anyone had personal experience or knowledge about this at Tufts?

Does anyone know the interview style? From what it sounds like they ask you more about your personal life then anything. Do they ask any behavioral questions such as give an example of a time you were under stress?

Members don't see this ad :)
So where are you guys staying, and what are you doing transportation wise? I'm currently on a super tight budget, but the budget hotels all seem to have bad ideas (like, dirty rooms, hairs on the pillows, crumbs in the sheets, etc) but the next step up are all like $120 a night.....
Also, what are you doing for transportation? I was thinking it would be easiest to rent a car (I'm flying in) but again, its expensive.....

Already posted this a while ago but wanted to put out the offer again: I'm driving to Tufts from downtown Boston on Tuesday in case somebody could use a ride.

So where are you guys staying, and what are you doing transportation wise? I'm currently on a super tight budget, but the budget hotels all seem to have bad ideas (like, dirty rooms, hairs on the pillows, crumbs in the sheets, etc) but the next step up are all like $120 a night.....
Also, what are you doing for transportation? I was thinking it would be easiest to rent a car (I'm flying in) but again, its expensive.....
You might consider staying with one of the Tufts students (that would really cut costs down). The student reps' names were listed on the accommodation email they sent out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the interview style? From what it sounds like they ask you more about your personal life then anything. Do they ask any behavioral questions such as give an example of a time you were under stress?
Check out the specific interview questions from past years under the Interview Feedback section. It seems to be mostly open-ended questions about past experiences, but I did see a few behavioral questions in there also.

Check out the specific interview questions from past years under the Interview Feedback section. It seems to be mostly open-ended questions about past experiences, but I did see a few behavioral questions in there also.
Where can I find the interview feedback section?

wish I had found this earlier lol
Cram time haha.

From what I've heard, Tufts is not an interview to freak out over. I say that now... but I'll probably be grinning ear to ear as soon as I step foot on campus and be a bucket of adrenaline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cram time haha.

From what I've heard, Tufts is not an interview to freak out over. I say that now... but I'll probably be grinning ear to ear as soon as I step foot on campus and be a bucket of adrenaline.
Haha yeah I know I've been keeping it pretty cool since I found out and have not been to worried about it...I can talk about myself no problem, but as soon as I get there I'm sure I will be like ummmm whats my name again lol

So, uh, those of us interviewing this coming week..... how are we thinking this winter storm is going to affect us?

So, uh, those of us interviewing this coming week..... how are we thinking this winter storm is going to affect us?

I live in Boston so I'm just taking the commuter rail in and I'm so worried about this. Granted my interview is in the afternoon and the commuter rail would drop me off in Grafton 45 mins before the faculty panel but now I'm wondering if I should come in even earlier...

Anyone else taking the commuter rail to Grafton outbound Tuesday???

I live in Cambridge and planned on driving to Tufts early in the morning on Tuesday for the day of events even though my interview isn't until mid-afternoon, but this storm sounds like the storm of the century...there really is a good possibility that our interviews will be postponed.

I'm thinking it will be too! I'm supposed to drive up from CT Wednesday morning, and I think it will still be bad out (especially side roads off the highway). Just hoping they won't schedule it for later this week, because I have another interview on Friday!

They better not reschedule. Flights booked and all... I'll dig my way to campus if i have to...

Reactions: 1 users
Uhh, yeah I'm flying in from San Francisco the night before..a lot of airlines are already cancelling flights!!! Not only is my flight booked but so is my rental car and hotel, and I have three more interviews next week and the week after!!!

......ain't no body got time for this

Anyone get an update from the admissions office about those being rescheduled?

Nothing yet, but the university is closed tomorrow so they should be sending out an email soon. Has anyone who is interviewing tomorrow traveled to Boston yet?

Just wanted to let people know with the weather that in the past, Tufts was super accommodating if people's flights were cancelled. I called them to reschedule my interview back in 2011 because a huge snow storm was going to hit the east coast and I was pretty sure my flight wouldn't leave Baltimore because MD just doesn't know what to do with snow. They added extra interview dates and were totally fine with me rescheduling ahead of time.

Dude there's no way I can get there for Wednesday in this weather. :(

Stay safe, everyone!

I was all ready and pumped for my interview tomorrow...but now I have to wait another two weeks! Is it weird that I'm completely bummed out?

Reactions: 1 users
Me too! I am ready and prepared, but I guess we will have to wait till February 11th!

Yours is on the 11th? Jealous! That wasn't even an option they gave me, mine is rescheduled for the 10th, bit I have an Illinois interview on the 9th so I have to book it from Illinois to tufts late on the 9th :/

Yours is on the 11th? Jealous! That wasn't even an option they gave me, mine is rescheduled for the 10th, bit I have an Illinois interview on the 9th so I have to book it from Illinois to tufts late on the 9th :/

I'm interviewing at Illinois, too! Maybe we will be on the same flight to Boston?! (I live in Boston and have class the next day and will be rushing back.)

I got off the interview waitlist! It's a good thing I live this close or I'd never be able to make it to the interview on Monday.

Reactions: 5 users
Question: Where is the "Interview Additional Information" form on the application status page? I got an email asking me to fill it out for lunch info and can't find it!
"To help us plan for lunch, please sign in to the application portal. In the “Forms” section of your Applicant Status Page, you will find a form titled “Interview Additional Information.” Please complete this form at least three business days before your interview."
On the status page, I only have recent activity, application checklist, and application proof. I don't see a Forms section anywhere...

EDIT: Just got an e-mail saying they were having an issue attaching the Forms section to my application status page! Glad I wasn't just stupidly overlooking it...

Last edited:
So has anyone else gotten the schedule of events email yet. Am I correct in assuming the faculty panel is out interview? I thought that they tried to pair you up with people who have similar interests...none of my people do. Thoughts?

So has anyone else gotten the schedule of events email yet. Am I correct in assuming the faculty panel is out interview? I thought that they tried to pair you up with people who have similar interests...none of my people do. Thoughts?
Pretty sure that the faculty panel is the event from 9-10 am. My schedule of events looks generic and doesn't have my interview time on it. The interview time was a separate email.

Got my interview invite for Feb 10th at 3:15pm.
They were waiting on an additional letter of rec and the second they got it I got the interview. Really excited because Tufts is my top school. Im OOS and really excited about this interview. Although it is costing me an arm and a leg to get there.

Anyone else getting in to boston on Feb9th?

Just touched down in Boston! So excited to spend the weekend seeing the city and cheering for the Pats on Sunday! And of course the interview day on Monday! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how the weather will affect interviews on Monday? It looks like the storm is heading through North Grafton right when we're supposed to get there in the morning...

I got an email earlier tonight about the university possibly being closed on Monday and asking about our travel plans. I'm already here and I'm flying back to Chicago on Monday night so I'm a bit worried...

I'm worried too, I fly into Boston from Orlando 7am tomorrow and then leave Tuesday, I really don't want them to close Monday :(

They were super nice and on top of everything during last week's snowstorm (which was wayyyy more serious than this one will be). If you successfully travel to campus, but they end up closing, they will take care of you no matter what. I live in Boston this year so I don't have personal experience with it, but in their emails to everyone with interviews scheduled for last week they said they would take care of anyone who travelled just for the interview or had their flights cancelled, etc. The people at Tufts are the nicest people out of all the vet school offices I have dealt with! Everything will work out :)

Reactions: 2 users
So happy they still had interviews even though the campus was closed! I think it's really funny that I might have met some of you guys there today and never knew who was who from this site...

Ugh, my flight got cancelled. Go away, snow.

This is the second time I've had to reschedule...its like the universe doesn't want me to go to Tufts.... its my last interview until I'm done (its my 8th, and I'm sooooooo ready to be done) its so frustrating!! Not to mention I've now lost TWO round trip airfares because stupid airlines were stupid and wouldn't let me move my tickets more that 3 days later...... If I do ever make it to this school to interview and I DONT get in, I'm going to be very unhappy with the universe..... because that's just not cool bro, its just not cool

OMG 8 interviews?! How many schools did you apply to?
Also tufts said we would hear back by mid-February (based on last year's posts the 19th or 20th) but if interviews are going through the 18th that's obviously no longer true.
Good luck and don't stress! It was the most pleasant, laid back interview ever (I've done four).

OMG 8 interviews?! How many schools did you apply to?
Also tufts said we would hear back by mid-February (based on last year's posts the 19th or 20th) but if interviews are going through the 18th that's obviously no longer true.
Good luck and don't stress! It was the most pleasant, laid back interview ever (I've done four).

I applied to 8 :) This is my second cycle, and so I'm absolutely thrilled :) I have acceptances from SGU and Glasgow.

That being said I REALLY like Tufts, they would give my IS a real run for its money, but I must say.... the idea of getting blizzards in the winter, and getting this much snow is a bit overwhelming!!

@HowIMetYourPet: Holy crap, that's so may interviews! You deserve to done! Also super bummed because this is my last one and I really want to go see it and find out my status so I can make plans for next year.