UF c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My finals are this week and considering I am posting here, you know I am not able to concentrate. Goodbye to a B in parasitology.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! Monday is smack in the middle of my finals so it'd be great to have some good news to encourage me haha. I keep getting so distracted on here now that all the threads are starting to pick up.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait....what's monday??

People who already interviewed are potentially accepted. Or just get an update email telling them hi and giving a timeline. I'm also guessing that shortly thereafter, more interview invites will be sent, but that's purely a guess.

If it is only an update I will lose my mind. I need an acceptance or a "wait it out till march." But no we haven't decided yets.

Haha I agree. :p When did you interview/how do you feel it went? I thought it went a lot better than I expected, I thought the interview being closed file behavioral would be a lot scarier than it was.

I interviewed on the 19th. I was so nervous. I don't think it went too badly, of course after it was over I came up with much better things to have said but hindsight 20/20.

I interviewed on the 19th. I was so nervous. I don't think it went too badly, of course after it was over I came up with much better things to have said but hindsight 20/20.

Haha me too, i hate that. hopefully you'll get some good news soon. :)

Here's hoping they sound out those emails nice and early tomorrow!:xf:

Good luck to those of you who are anxiously awaiting an e-mail tomorrow. I had no idea that they were going to potentially make some decisions already, but cool! Also, just so you guys know, last year I got my acceptance e-mail at about noon.

I'm not the only one that was told Dec 12, right? I may have been hallucinating or something out of nerves. :p

Anyone have any idea why UF decided to do these early invites and acceptances? Its weird and makes me an instate applicant rather worried.

I'm not the only one that was told Dec 12, right? I may have been hallucinating or something out of nerves. :p

Haha I was definitely told that as well! Hopefully they won't be delayed, but if they are I'm sure they will at least sent us some sort of update email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea why UF decided to do these early invites and acceptances? Its weird and makes me an instate applicant rather worried.

They told me they wanted to start making it more of a recruitment where they sell the school to the prospective students rather than just an admissions thing. So, this way they got to start things a little earlier and people had the opportunity to do rounds and really get to know the school better. Sort of a 'the way to have the best school is to get the best students' attitude? I wouldn't be too worried, I think I heard they only interviewed like less than 50 early--it was just sort of a new thing they were trying so they couldn't make it too large scale. I really liked it though and I think the selling the school thing worked for me--when you're OOS, it's hard to really know what the school has to offer with just a basic interview and tour. There's going to be tons more interviews and acceptances so don't worry!!!!

They are still interviewing in Feb this coming year. Don't freak out. You should hear mid Jan about Feb interviews.

AHHHHHH GOT IN SO HAPPY WOOOO
Back to studying for my final tomorrow!
AHHHH

fingers crossed that you guys will hear soon!

AHHHHHH GOT IN SO HAPPY WOOOO
Back to studying for my final tomorrow!
AHHHH

fingers crossed that you guys will hear soon!
OMG I'm so happy for you it feels like I got in! lol... now study hard! ;) yeah right!

Scratch that, just got in! Omg!

Does anyone know how many people were accepted? Needless to say I was not one of them. I was just curious how many were.

I don't think it was very many at all, sort of like the Ohio State interviews where only a small percentage get accepted early. Don't worry about it! :)

Well thanks for the Holiday Card UF... how bout an interview invite!?!?!:D

I hope you get good news in January Emiloo! I want more people coming to UF :)

For anyone who got accepted, did you get your snail mail acceptance letter yet, with the form to send back? I live right by Gainesville and haven't gotten anything, so I just want to make sure!

I hope you get good news in January Emiloo! I want more people coming to UF :)

For anyone who got accepted, did you get your snail mail acceptance letter yet, with the form to send back? I live right by Gainesville and haven't gotten anything, so I just want to make sure!
Thanks, I hope to as well. I'll be there if they want me! :)

jos05 I haven't received the packet yet, so you're not the only one! Also, are you sending a fall transcript? I'm not sure if we have to and I tried to call but no one answered the phones in admissions--I guess they are closed down already :(

I actually just got a response about fall transcripts today, and he said that we should send them as soon as possible, but if you've already been accepted not to stress too much about it! But definitely still send them in.

I actually just got a response about fall transcripts today, and he said that we should send them as soon as possible, but if you've already been accepted not to stress too much about it! But definitely still send them in.

okay good to know! Thanks so much!

So I took the option to complete the animal science pre req the summer before matriculation (I already took animal nutrition) and was wondering if anyone knows if that class is offered summer A,B, or C? I am praying it is B since I now live out of state and don't want to find out in April and then move the next week to take one class lol. I will obviously do what it takes, but I was curious if anyone knew? Thanks!

So I took the option to complete the animal science pre req the summer before matriculation (I already took animal nutrition) and was wondering if anyone knows if that class is offered summer A,B, or C? I am praying it is B since I now live out of state and don't want to find out in April and then move the next week to take one class lol. I will obviously do what it takes, but I was curious if anyone knew? Thanks!

I think both animal science and animal nutrition are Summer C...I looked it up on the department of animals sciences' website, I was curious myself because I need to finish up those pre reqs before matriculation if I get in to UF.

I think both animal science and animal nutrition are Summer C...I looked it up on the department of animals sciences' website, I was curious myself because I need to finish up those pre reqs before matriculation if I get in to UF.
Yeah I just finished looking myself, and last year it was offered C. :( What a bummer. I'm not ready to leave my life yet lol... that's only 5 months away. Of course that's IF I get in, and then I should be ecstatic as all hell I know lol... but its still soon, not to mention we won't get decisions until late Feb/early March and heaven forbid if I get waitlisted. I can't move there just to take one class in hopes that someone else decides on another school :confused: ugh... the stress is getting to me. :smuggrin:

Yeah I just finished looking myself, and last year it was offered C. :( What a bummer. I'm not ready to leave my life yet lol... that's only 5 months away. Of course that's IF I get in, and then I should be ecstatic as all hell I know lol... but its still soon, not to mention we won't get decisions until late Feb/early March and heaven forbid if I get waitlisted. I can't move there just to take one class in hopes that someone else decides on another school :confused: ugh... the stress is getting to me. :smuggrin:

You should look into taking it online. I think heard that someone who went to UF took them online at a florida college and UF accepted them that way so you wouldn't necessarily have to move right away. Someone in my school's prevet society told me that, but I haven't had a chance to research it yet.

You should look into taking it online. I think heard that someone who went to UF took them online at a florida college and UF accepted them that way so you wouldn't necessarily have to move right away. Someone in my school's prevet society told me that, but I haven't had a chance to research it yet.

Yeah I'm gonna have to call and ask. I normally wouldn't mind the few hour move, but I recently moved to upstate NY so it's a little more difficult now lol. I will let you know what I find out! Thanks!

I decided to take nutrition (already had animal science done) online over the summer through Oklahoma State and it was the best decision I think I could've made. I'm not really a big fan of living in Florida to begin with because it's always so hot, but being stuck in Gainesville over the summer is torture...especially if the town irks you like it does me. Also, when I found out that I was accepted, I didn't have a ton of time to get things together or see the people I wanted to see. I figured that I only get a limited number of summer breaks before the real world takes over, why waste one of them in Gainesville when you could be getting the same credit for taking the course while still hanging out with your friends from home, vacationing with family, or just relaxing?

I'm actually taking nutrition at Ok state too lol... but animal science I need to figure out. Do you think that since I've already signed the paper that I would take it the summer before, that I have to stick to that? I guess I'll just have to ask when they get back from break.

As an graduate of the Animal Science department at UF Intro to Animal Science and Nutrition are only offered Summer C. This is due to the nature of the labs for intro and for the intensity of nutrition.

As an graduate of the Animal Science department at UF Intro to Animal Science and Nutrition are only offered Summer C. This is due to the nature of the labs for intro and for the intensity of nutrition.

Yeah I figured it was a little to intense of a class for a few week semester. Thank you!

Didn't they say only to send a transcript if you completed a prereq this semester?

hey everybody! did anyone else that got accepted receive their packet via snail mail yet? i'm just worried it got lost.. or they emailed the wrong person and i didnt get in lol.. but seriously..worst nightmare :p i had thought that they said they were mailing them on dec 10th..

I believe they were being sent out after break, so hopefully we get them next week! :) Anyone else here definitely attending?

I believe they were being sent out after break, so hopefully we get them next week! :) Anyone else here definitely attending?

Me... if I get in :confused:

Does anyone know how flexible they are with changing interview dates???... they told us it would be Feb 4th and 11th, but I am worried if I get an interview at LSU (also the 11th) that I won't be able to change the interview date to the 4th... here's to hoping I even GET an interview, and that it will be one the 4th! :)

Hi there Emiloo4....
Did you already get an interview invite for February? I'm waiting to see if I get an interview but thought that they were sending out invites next week..... : /

Hi there Emiloo4....
Did you already get an interview invite for February? I'm waiting to see if I get an interview but thought that they were sending out invites next week..... : /

No, no I didn't mean to scare you, I am just wishfully thinking ahead... :D

Me... if I get in :confused:

I'm crossing my fingers for you, Emiloo! Those first interviews were done so early, I want to start getting to know my new classmates already! You guys should hear in the next few weeks right??

hey everybody! did anyone else that got accepted receive their packet via snail mail yet? i'm just worried it got lost.. or they emailed the wrong person and i didnt get in lol.. but seriously..worst nightmare :p i had thought that they said they were mailing them on dec 10th..

No, i didn't get the packet. I did get a call from the dean a few days ago, did anyone else get called? It was really nice of him but also scary at first i wan't sure what was going on haha. FL is so accommodating it's really refreshing.

GREAT!!!! Wooooo, now I can breathe........ Hope we both get invited up!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I'm crossing my fingers for you, Emiloo! Those first interviews were done so early, I want to start getting to know my new classmates already! You guys should hear in the next few weeks right??

Thank you! :D Interview invites are sent the third week of January according to their timeline... it feels like FOREVER! :scared:

Request the 3rd week of January then interviews in only 2 weeks. Such a short timeline :eek: