UFCVM c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love my iPad with Notability! I'm like you and have always handwritten my notes, but there is way too much material to do that for vet school- you'd be printing out several hundred slides a day. I like using an ipad so that I can underline the things the professor emphasizes and then add my own elaborations as needed, without having to worry about wasting paper or writing things that are already on the slides. A lot of people use onenote or notability to write notes on the slides, and some people prefer to type their notes. You'll learn whatever works best for you, but I definitely recommend some sort of ipad or computer so you have the slides in front of you! (Also, sometimes slides get put up at the very last minute, so it's nice to have a device where you can download them instantly as opposed to trying to print everything beforehand.)
Thank you this is very helpful as I wasn’t sure hand note taking was a possibility. I love the eco friendly aspect of it too! I guess I’m also wondering if you think just an ipad is sufficient for all schoolwork and projects or would I need a laptop in addition for things like making presentations, writing papers, etc. ?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they do! You should receive an email with information on how to set up a packet review with Alex Avelino.
Do they only do application reviews if u got interviewed. No one will reply to my email

Thank you this is very helpful as I wasn’t sure hand note taking was a possibility. I love the eco friendly aspect of it too! I guess I’m also wondering if you think just an ipad is sufficient for all schoolwork and projects or would I need a laptop in addition for things like making presentations, writing papers, etc. ?
I have a laptop at home that I use for any typing, but there are also keyboards that work with the ipad. I bought a cheap bluetooth keyboard to bring for the occasional in-class written assignment or a few exams that had short answer questions, but I think the Apple branded one is probably a lot nicer and more user-friendly if you plan to type more often.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Are they any good recommendations for apartments near by? I was going to room with a friend but that fell through so I`m kinda scrambling now.

Hey guys! Are they any good recommendations for apartments near by? I was going to room with a friend but that fell through so I`m kinda scrambling now.
There's a google doc on the Facebook page with different apartments, people still looking for roommates etc.

I know I’m still looking for a place! Hopefully others are in the same boat. Hoping I’m not too far behind the ball

I know I’m still looking for a place! Hopefully others are in the same boat. Hoping I’m not too far behind the ball
Look over by the mall and closer to williston rd, butler plaza area is going to be hugely expensive. I have a friend looking for a roomie though who is a vet student if you'd like me to put you in contact. He's a great guy and theres also a female vet student there with him

uuuh odd question, but how is spelling and such graded? I`m currently trying to figure out accommodations and I`m petrified about the spelling. I have some sort of undiagnosed disability that affects my spelling (not dyslexia as I read pretty well and dysgraphia doesn’t really fit but my prior accommodations team agreed with my dr that I had something going on) and had an accommodation for that during undergrad. When I was setting up my accommodations now, they didn’t even offer it, and when I mentioned it, they said we`ll talk about when I get there.

I know spelling counts, especially for anatomy, and I am no way thinking I would be allowed to misspell things blatantly, but is there any suggestions? Anybody have something similar? I would hate to fail a class because I misspelled a word by a letter.

uuuh odd question, but how is spelling and such graded? I`m currently trying to figure out accommodations and I`m petrified about the spelling. I have some sort of undiagnosed disability that affects my spelling (not dyslexia as I read pretty well and dysgraphia doesn’t really fit but my prior accommodations team agreed with my dr that I had something going on) and had an accommodation for that during undergrad. When I was setting up my accommodations now, they didn’t even offer it, and when I mentioned it, they said we`ll talk about when I get there.

I know spelling counts, especially for anatomy, and I am no way thinking I would be allowed to misspell things blatantly, but is there any suggestions? Anybody have something similar? I would hate to fail a class because I misspelled a word by a letter.
Small animal anatomy was all multiple choice last year. Large animal anatomy, which you take in the spring, was multiple choice for the written part of the exam and written answers for the lab practical. However, they are fairly lenient about spelling as long as they can tell what you’re trying to say. But if you have two closely spelled words that refer to different things (ex. ilium and ileum), they won’t give you credit if you write the wrong one. I would definitely look into accommodations now to see what they can make happen- I know a lot of students use accommodations and it seems like they are pretty good at working with you for them. Almost all of the other exams that I can recall are multiple choice- especially since your class is even larger than our class, the professors just don’t have the resources to grade 150 handwritten tests any more, so spelling shouldn’t be an issue for most of your other classes.