UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! I AM SHAKING

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS waitlist…. It seems kinda odd that we have to accept or decline within 24 if we get offered a seat. Is this after the April 17th deadline or anytime before?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish we knew what number so I knew if I should get my hopes up at the beginning of the waitlist or if I should move on with my life and work on my next application

congratulations to everyone on their acceptances would anyone that’s IS mind if i message them for their stats?

Congrats everyone who got accepted, I can’t wait to meet you all! 😍😍😍😍 Those on the waitlist, OOS moved a good bit last year, I know a couple of people in my class got off of it.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS ACCEPTANCE 🥹

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
IS ACCEPTANCE 😭😭😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭

IS waitlist :/ anyone know how much it moves usually? I hate having to wait until after the deadline to decide where I am going 😭
To my knowledge the in state wait list moved one seat last year. Hope this helps.

do you have acceptances anywhere else? :( Im oos waitlist and on my IS waitlist as well and it's not going to move at all either.

IS Acceptance! Can’t wait to meet all of you 😄

• Love
  • Care
congratulations to everyone on their acceptances would anyone that’s IS mind if i message them for their stats?
If you want to send me a message, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can - I can also read over your essays if you'd like!

Reactions: 1 user
IS acceptance! Congratulations to everyone who got in! It’s a long challenging journey

To those who didn’t get the news they were hoping for - don’t give up! It took me applying 3 times to get this far. Keep your head up and just know I’ll be cheering you on!

• Care
Congrats everyone!!! Current second year here, happy to try to answer any questions you may have about the program!

Okay!! at least you have places to fall back on if you don't happen to get seat, at this point mines all just luck really
Oh yes I know I am incredibly lucky to get into programs on my first try, I've seen your posts on the forums and I know you are incredibly tenacious and passionate so I am sure you'll be a great DVM either this cycle or next one <3 Good luck!

Oh yes I know I am incredibly lucky to get into programs on my first try, I've seen your posts on the forums and I know you are incredibly tenacious and passionate so I am sure you'll be a great DVM either this cycle or next one <3 Good luck!
Thank you!! You too, everyone here wants to help animals so I can't complain that other people got seats over me. I know I'll get in with the class I'm meant to :)

• Care
Are there any Facebook groups to look for apartments in Gainesville?

IS acceptance!!! Happiest day of my life!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Are there any Facebook groups to look for apartments in Gainesville?
After you accept your offer you will get a bunch of resources put together by upperclassmen, including recommended housing. If you want to start the search now I found my place on swamprentals.com, really good filtering for things you want and location. I live at spyglass with my bf and I know a lot of other vet students live here too. A dog park and pool were a must have for me 🤠

After you accept your offer you will get a bunch of resources put together by upperclassmen, including recommended housing. If you want to start the search now I found my place on swamprentals.com, really good filtering for things you want and location. I live at spyglass with my bf and I know a lot of other vet students live here too. A dog park and pool were a must have for me

I sent in my acceptance form on an email right now. Do you know how long it takes to be acknowledged? And where do I send my official transcripts?

I sent in my acceptance form on an email right now. Do you know how long it takes to be acknowledged? And where do I send my official transcripts?
I think they confirmed with me the next day, and sent me link to join the class Facebook! I didn’t have any pending prereqs when I started so I’m not sure where you send your transcripts to, I imagine they’ll tell you in the confirmation email as the spring semester is still ongoing.

Last edited:
When will they start pulling people off the waitlist?
After April 15th if they do it the same as last year. A lot of OOS people I am friends with who got off the waitlist received calls the next day offering them a seat.

What did your email say in regard to being waitlisted? My email just states that they regret to inform you that they do not offer a seat in this class. Does that mean a possible waitlist or complete rejection?

What did your email say in regard to being waitlisted? My email just states that they regret to inform you that they do not offer a seat in this class. Does that mean a possible waitlist or complete rejection?
lower down in the email it would've said waitlist

Has anyone made a groupme/facebook page for accepted students?
Once you've confirmed your seat, you should receive an email that contains the link to your class Facebook page. From there, I believe the webmaster will post a link to the GroupMe on FB! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone made a groupme/facebook page for accepted students?
Both are made by the school and you will receive a link when you get a confirmation in response to accepting your seat. My friend is on our class exec and they asked her to make it today.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if it’s difficult finding apartments in Gainesville that allow you to have multiple pets? I have 2 dogs and 2 cats🥺

Does anyone know if it’s difficult finding apartments in Gainesville that allow you to have multiple pets? I have 2 dogs and 2 cats🥺
I have 2 large breed dogs (one is an amstaff) and I didn’t have a problem. Many of my classmates have multiple pets.

So I am waitlisted IS but I am attending the DVM showcase on the 21st and I want to maybe visit some apartments and see the locations just in case I get called off so I am ready to roll. Anyone know any good apartments I can look into that I can take my 2 cats and my boyfriend?

Has anyone received a link to the FB group yet? I sent in my letter of acceptance and they acknowledged that they received it.

Has anyone received a link to the FB group yet? I sent in my letter of acceptance and they acknowledged that they received it.
Same but not yet

Reactions: 1 users
Still debating if I should go to the Preview Day on the 20-22nd of March. I’m IS waitlist/alternate, this is my second time applying to UF. Part of me is like sure? I already know I’d love to go to school there and I’ve seen the campus before. But the other part of me feels kinda pressured to go since it’s an invite to candidates only. Id love some opinions on this 😭

Hey! We have our LA anatomy midterm Friday so our exec who is in change of it is super busy studying for it. I will let her know y’all are eager for it but please have patience:)

Edit: she has created it, she is waiting for the school to approve it and it should be sent out next week

Last edited:

How long did it take to get the acknowledgement?

Hey! We have our LA anatomy midterm Friday so our exec who is in change of it is super busy studying for it. I will let her know y’all are eager for it but please have patience:)

Edit: she has created it, she is waiting for the school to approve it and it should be sent out next week

Good luck on your midterm tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes!

• Care