UGA c/o 2019 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm from New Jersey. But they offered me in state tuition 0.0
GRE for the person that asked was 170 English 164 math

Congrats. I didnt think they could offer in state tuition unless you were in state or a contract state.
Never heard of that happening before.

Members don't see this ad.

You know me neither. Like I said, the entire call was shocking.

Did everyone get the email?! Looks like everyone will know by early February!!!!:D:eek::);)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email too GretaBug3!!! My office manager just told me that my doctor here was called last week for a reference.... FREAKING OUT NOW!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Another one of references was called today! I hope that's good news and not UGA having a hard time trying to decide if I'm good enough or not. Either way, its exciting!!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if any of mine have been called... I am starting to worry...:barf:

i kinda want to email my other references to see if they've been called....

i kinda want to email my other references to see if they've been called....
Probably wouldn't hurt. What's the worst that could happen? They could ignore you, but that's unlikely if they liked you enough to give you a recommendation.

Reactions: 1 user
looks like my other ones havent been called, i think i'm over-analyzing everything

Does anyone know the stats on getting accepted vs your references getting called?

Last edited:
From my knowledge, none of mine have been called either. I'm OOS as well, I would think if you're in the running for a spot you will have a reference call, it just makes more sense that way, but theres still a few more weeks, so try not to stress too much!

Members don't see this ad :)
From my knowledge, none of mine have been called either. I'm OOS as well, I would think if you're in the running for a spot you will have a reference call, it just makes more sense that way, but theres still a few more weeks, so try not to stress too much!
None of mine have been called either. Giving up hope. Good luck to everyone who has had their references called!

The email they recently sent out stated they would begin notifying any acceptances/denials around early February. So the waiting is almost OVER :claps:

And btw, I have heard nothing from any of my references. It's pretty depressing considering how many people on here have heard already from their references. Maybe that means they have already chucked my app :(

Looks like they haven't started calling OOS references? Is that the pattern in seeing here?

Looks like they haven't started calling OOS references? Is that the pattern in seeing here?
I am OOS and one of my references was called January 7th, but I am also applying as a contract from Delaware so that might make a difference. There's still time so no one give up hope yet!

They called a reference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know which day though.. I am OOS but on contract from SC. :soexcited:

She said it was super awkward conversation though, and that she was asked to compared me with another student that had also used her as a rec letter for UGA...

You know, it feels like yesterday I was in high school telling myself one day I'll be a vet, thinking it was so far away. Now here I am, about to finish my undergrad and soon hear back from UGA. It almost scares the crap out of me knowing it could be today that I find out. My dream might be coming a reality in the upcoming weeks and I hope everyone else is able to make theirs a reality too. I've never been so excited and nervous at the same time before! Ahhhh

yeah i think top 10% should get calls any day now

I was under the impression that they had already made those top 10% calls, or were in the process before now. We did have someone on the forum get a call about a week ago now...

As a consequence, we will be able to extend an early acceptance to a small number of out-of-state applicants prior to January 10th. --Basing it on this!
I was under the impression that they had already made those top 10% calls, or were in the process before now. We did have someone on the forum get a call about a week ago now...

Every time I look at these forums I get more and more nervous I think I might just have to avoid SDN for a while or at least until my other school interviews are over!!

The only person I know that has gotten a call was elephant DMV and their scores were super high. Last year a ton of people wrote on SDN that they received calls. All within a couple days of each other. Then the email was sent a week later

yeah those were only OOS calls, which they don't normally do. I don't think they've done the regular top 10% yet. Those calls went out abuot 2 weeks before regular decisions were sent out

Wonder how many OOS calls they did? I guess we can only wonder .... And do they only call the IS top 10%.

Yes from previous years I think they typically call the top 10% IS and then email the rest.

This is my 4th year applying... I'm crossing my fingers that this will really happen for me this year

This is my 4th year applying... I'm crossing my fingers that this will really happen for me this year
Best of luck to you!!!! This is only my first time applying, probably why I'm so anxious and full of questions lol.

i'm a third time applicant :/ i'm hoping things go my way this time too

yeah i did this past time. The first time i didn't, that was stupid of me

I called the first two times and then the last time actually went to visit.. I didn't know it really mattered

i think it helps. If nothing else it shows you're really serious. I hope we all get in ya'll...for real. If i got in...it would like...make my life.

I agree Wyatt. If only they could see our passion :)

I don't think they will call all of your references. As far as I know, none of my four have been interviewed. I'm really close with one of my major advisors, who has written LORs for other vet students in the past, and I see her a couple times a week. She hasn't been called for me or any students in the past. Another one of my references lives in South Africa, so I doubt she will get called. My other two references are veterinarians, one of which used to be the head vet at UGA's small animal clinic, but she moved to Denver. She hasn't told me if she has been called, but I never asked. The other vet is actually on UGA's admissions committee, so she won't (can't?) tell me anything and I'm way too scared to even ask her anything about the admissions process, haha.

Bottom line, don't panic if your references haven't been called. They probably aren't even supposed to tell you if they were called! Good luck everyone! :)

I haven't heard anything from any of my references... :/ I'm getting nervous. IS, but first time applying. Started having rejection email dreams (nightmares) last night. This isn't good.

I have checked SDN a hundred times in the past couple days!! This waiting is killing me!

Me too! I feel like it could be any day now!!

Last year it was on a Friday that they sent out the email. I am still waiting for the top 10% to be called! I feel like there might have been more SDN participants last year.

I just want to know know lol the wait until mid February is going to be awful ... What am I saying the waiting is already awful!

Last year it was on a Friday that they sent out the email. I am still waiting for the top 10% to be called! I feel like there might have been more SDN participants last year.
I'm pretty sure the top 10% was already called on January 9 or something. I don't think the rest of us will hear back until February.

I'm pretty sure the top 10% was already called on January 9 or something. I don't think the rest of us will hear back until February.

I didn't really see anything on here!! Thanks for the info!

Idk, last year top ten percent wasn't called til feb 7. But maybe they are just being more efficient this year. My impression was they only called those few OOS ppl with offers but maybe they clumped them all together. Idk, like I said, I'm over analyzing everything

Maybe there's hardly any top 10% on SDN and we just don't know if they got called. I'm checking my email every waking hour of every day. I'm ready to know already!

According to my limited research of last year's thread, the first reference wasn't called until January 29th and the first person to be called for admission was on February 10th. That being said, I think a lot of people will hear something before the beginning of February since they seemed to start earlier this year. We can only hope, right? ;) hang in there[