Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Boom. Hold email. At preview day she basically said this was a good thing! Don't fret! She said that admissions usually takes max 2 weeks to decide, and once they reject you your application will no longer be considered. A hold just means that they have a lot of qualified applicants, and currently we "held" folks are considered qualified until further notice. :) thinking of you all!!!!

I noticed you completed your application quite early from a previous post. Did it take 2 weeks for them to get back with a hold email or did you have to sit and wait anxiously? I only received my "Application Ready for Review" email 3 days ago, but would like to know the timeline so that I don't overwhelm myself with anxiety. My stats are pretty high, but I submitted my primary a little late and didn't get the secondary until late August.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my complete email today, does anyone know how long it takes from this email to find out if we get an II? also question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!

I just got my complete email today, does anyone know how long it takes from this email to find out if we get an II? also question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!

Good shot at Western.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they e-mail you if you've been screened out pre-secondary? I'm also one of those people who've been waiting a month+ after AACOMAS verification for a secondary and am not sure what to think... thanks in advance for your reply!

all the neuroticism I have on student doctor is now being channeled towards checking my mail box. WESTERN UNIV LETTER? EH? PLEASE? :diebanana:

Reactions: 1 user
Just called admissions - they said that they haven't sent out any decisions until this Thursday. So Friday will be the earliest anyone will hear back.

Im sure you'll be the first to hear the good news ;)

Exactly. Western actually doesnt reject anyone they interview. Right????? ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Put on hold 9/4 :/ 33 MCAT, 3.69 cGPA, 3.47 sGPA

Your stats seem overqualified - you never know to what depth they review your application but your stats are obviously in your favor.

Last edited:
Well I got the bad news via email. Got rejected 20 minutes ago. Burns hard. I really loved this school and the area... If you get rejected I guess it's not via snail mail. Good luck everyone!

Well I got the bad news via email. Got rejected 20 minutes ago. Burns hard. I really loved this school and the area... If you get rejected I guess it's not via snail mail. Good luck everyone!

Sorry to hear that :( I hope you have some other chances this cycle! Good luck to you.

Now I'm in e-mail checking overdrive. Omg. Why did they say they'd mail all decisions and then send rejections by e-mail? BLARGH QUIT PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEART!

Thanks. I thought my interview went well. I guess not =/

WHAT!????????!!?!?

I am so sorry to hear this =(. Keep your head up! I am speechless ...

WHAT!????????!!?!?

I am so sorry to hear this =(. Keep your head up! I am speechless ...

Thanks! Good luck to you! I am learning to not trust your gut feeling. I thought I did really well in everything. I really hope I don't blow my interview at atsu now. :hungover:

Thanks! Good luck to you! I am learning to not trust your gut feeling. I thought I did really well in everything. I really hope I don't blow my interview at atsu now. :hungover:
Keep me updated! Send me a PM. Best of luck man. I am bummed

Can you contact Western for some feedback before your ATSU interview? I don't know if they will, but maybe they can at least let you know if it was your interview or something general about your application (like stats). It's worth a try so you can be best prepared for attempt #2!

Reactions: 2 users
aww man that sucks :( good luck throughout the rest of the cycle! any tips for the interview? Mine is coming up in 3 days!!!
Also if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
Thanks!

Can you contact Western for some feedback before your ATSU interview? I don't know if they will, but maybe they can at least let you know if it was your interview or something general about your application (like stats). It's worth a try so you can be best prepared for attempt #2!

Thanks I'll call them tomorrow. Stats are 3.6c 3.6s 28 MCAT 8 8 12 awesome LORS

Hey guys! Just dropping in to say hi! I'm a current first year at western so feel free to send questions along and forgive me if I take too long to answer. I have quite the unusual journey and it was really hard deciding between schools (particularly md vs do) but I couldn't be happier. Any questions along those lines are more than welcomed! Good luck everyone, fingers and toes crossed

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today via Snail Mail! First one and now I can relax knowing I will be in medical school next year. Super excited! Wish you rest the best of luck!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today via Snail Mail! First one and now I can relax knowing I will be in medical school next year. Super excited! Wish you rest the best of luck!

Congrats!!

Ah still waiting! (downside of being on the east coast right now lol)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I just came across this thread today on Google, so I figured I might as well sign up so I can get in on the fun! I got my II on 9/02 and my interview is scheduled for 10/11. My cGPA is 3.75 and my MCAT score is 28. I'm really excited! This school is definitely my top choice. Anybody else here interviewing on 10/11?

Hey guys! I just came across this thread today on Google, so I figured I might as well sign up so I can get in on the fun! I got my II on 9/02 and my interview is scheduled for 10/11. My cGPA is 3.75 and my MCAT score is 28. I'm really excited! This school is definitely my top choice. Anybody else here interviewing on 10/11?
See you on Oct 11! Awesome GPA!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there in state bias at this school? What percentage of matriculants are CA residents?

Flying in tomorrow for the Saturday interview. Would renting a car or just getting a taxi be my best bet? Need to get from airport to hotel, hotel to school, hotel back to airport

Flying in tomorrow for the Saturday interview. Would renting a car or just getting a taxi be my best bet? Need to get from airport to hotel, hotel to school, hotel back to airport

If you are flying into LAX, rent a car.

just get a cab. i stayed at chino hills and commuted via taxi cab.

darn. got placed on pre-interview hold. i know that's better than a flat out rejection, but it is a bit soul-crushing.

Boom. Hold email. At preview day she basically said this was a good thing! Don't fret! She said that admissions usually takes max 2 weeks to decide, and once they reject you your application will no longer be considered. A hold just means that they have a lot of qualified applicants, and currently we "held" folks are considered qualified until further notice. :) thinking of you all!!!!
Oh thank god.

I just got a hold email today haha.

darn. got placed on pre-interview hold. i know that's better than a flat out rejection, but it is a bit soul-crushing.
Sorry to hear, but better than a rejection. Mind sharing your stats and conpletion date?

Called today, was told my application is still in review. Submitted 8/20, email 'ready for review' on 9/2. I'm anxious.

Boom, hold email. I guess it is better than a rejection. My stats are not great so I expected to be put on hold. Non traditional, 3.6, 3.6, 7/9/9 25 mcat. Good luck to everyone who receives an interview here, maybe i'll get a chance later down the line.

I also got a hold email today. My stats arent that great either. 3.41, 3.21, 26 MCAT

Oh thank god.

I just got a hold email today haha.

Boom, hold email. I guess it is better than a rejection. My stats are not great so I expected to be put on hold. Non traditional, 3.6, 3.6, 7/9/9 25 mcat. Good luck to everyone who receives an interview here, maybe i'll get a chance later down the line.

I also got a hold email today. My stats arent that great either. 3.41, 3.21, 26 MCAT

When were you guys marked as "ready for review"? I'm getting so so so anxious because I still haven't heard anything and have been ready for review for a couple of weeks.