William Carey University - College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, anyone interested in looking at apartments or just checking out the town around the 15th of june. Just PM me .

Members don't see this ad.

I recently used my student loan approval to rent at Twin Oaks apartments over in the Oak Grove area of Hattiesburg. The manager told me that they have about 6 William Carey medical students moving into solo apartments there. I will be either the sixth or seventh. I figure, the more the merrier come study time.

Anybody from the alternate list heard anything? Just curious. The waiting is brutal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone interested in renting an apartment at the Reserves? 2/2 $520 all inclusive... male or female; a dog is welcomed.

I'll be a MBS grad student at WCU this Fall, so my course load will pretty much be the same as yours considering we'll be in classes together. If you're interested PM me for more details and some compatibility questions.

does anyone know if we are supposed to have our first and last name put on our scrubs and jackets or if its just the first name or does it not matter?!

They might should have told us that. I think it's the whole name on white coats normally. All the same, I'm giving them my first and last name and that way if need be Uniforms, Etc can make it consistent with the rest of the school.

does anyone know if we are supposed to have our first and last name put on our scrubs and jackets or if its just the first name or does it not matter?!

Last edited:
Anybody from the alternate list heard anything? Just curious. The waiting is brutal.

Hang in there. I know there is going to be some movement in the alternate list coming eventually. The facebook group has recently lost a few. Just keep your fingers crossed that you're next on their list.

for William Carey does anyone knows ABOUT what the average gpa might be around. I am a KY resident so thats gonna hurt and I have a mediocre gpa 3.59cum and 3.43 science.I just finished my sophomore year and havn't taken the MCAT but am thinking it'll probably end up like a 27 if I had to guess. So are they taking many out of state people or not. I also am getting a minor in bible from a baptist school in Ohio so that might help.

If anyone plans on moving into Twin Oaks apartments, private message me. They are offering referral money. Maybe we can split that somehow. Every little bit helps.

for William Carey does anyone knows ABOUT what the average gpa might be around. I am a KY resident so thats gonna hurt and I have a mediocre gpa 3.59cum and 3.43 science.I just finished my sophomore year and havn't taken the MCAT but am thinking it'll probably end up like a 27 if I had to guess. So are they taking many out of state people or not. I also am getting a minor in bible from a baptist school in Ohio so that might help.

Your GPA numbers would be considered solid by any osteopathic school and the WCU admissions committee has taken students from the mid-Atlantic region for the fall class. Keep up the good work and I would expect you to be a strong candidate.

Not yet. Hopefully soon.

Yea, there can be a lot of movement in 30 something days. :xf:

Does anyone know the projected course schedule outline for the first year? For instance is anatomy and physiology spread over the entire year? I'd really like to know the full outline if anyone knows this.

Does anyone know the projected course schedule outline for the first year? For instance is anatomy and physiology spread over the entire year? I'd really like to know the full outline if anyone knows this.

let me know if this works properly. do you have your mbs schedule yet? i'm curious how many classes we'll have together (i didn't even know that we were going to have classes with mbs students).

Attachments

• 2010-2011 wcu-com schedule.xls
    26 KB · Views: 313
let me know if this works properly. do you have your mbs schedule yet? i'm curious how many classes we'll have together (i didn't even know that we were going to have classes with mbs students).

Yes, that worked. Thank you! Yeah there's only 10-12 MBS students (I think) I haven't gotten my schedule yet because I just mailed off my deposit yesterday. MBS students are only taking 7 classes - anatomy, physiology, histo, embryo, neuro, and biochem with med students. We'll take a graduate level stats course instead of immuno and we also have a research paper.

Last edited:
Wow. You guys suffer all the agony, yet get none of the glory.

Yes, that worked. Thank you! Yeah there's only 10-12 MBS students (I think) I haven't gotten my schedule yet because I just mailed off my deposit yesterday. MBS students are only taking 7 classes - anatomy, physiology, histo, embryo, neuro, and biochem with med students. We'll take a graduate level stats course instead of immuno and we also have a research paper.

I was wondering which set of instruments is everyone buying, package A which is more expensive (and preferred by the school) or package B which is cheaper? The only difference between the two is the ophthalmoscope that we will probably use twice.

I was wondering which set of instruments is everyone buying, package A which is more expensive (and preferred by the school) or package B which is cheaper? The only difference between the two is the ophthalmoscope that we will probably use twice.

i'm getting A. i figure it's only $100 more and i'm the kind of person who would use it randomly all the time on my friends and family... and i like the idea of being able to see more (the only difference is it shows 5 times the area). and you can always sell it if you really want to, not that i know the resale value of the expensive one vs the cheap one. i don't anticipate selling mine, though. i hold on to stuff forever... but if you sound nothing like me, get the cheap one!

Another day and another mail delivery...nothing yet.

So I read that for the 3rd/4th years of med school here students go to a medical facility. I'm from New Orleans and would like to come back to Louisiana..are the only two in Lafayette and Monroe? Are there plans to establish more?