WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Or maybe we are all just idiots like SOV said.. :(
I think this is most likely. :wacky:

I'm going to skim through today's happenings really quickly to catch myself up to speed.

Members don't see this ad.

I really think it would behoove us to keep our suspicions to ourselves until after the night-write up. I think I'm going to zip my lip again for the night. We have plenty of time to discuss before the lynch tomorrow, but anything we give away right now helps the wolf decide what to do tonight.

So....:lock:

Members don't see this ad :)
900x900px-LL-b7458337_grinchgrin.gif

Me, at having lasted to day 5, despite increasingly ridiculous attempts to stay alive.

Admit it, you'll all miss me a little :p

Reactions: 1 user
900x900px-LL-b7458337_grinchgrin.gif

Me, at having lasted to day 5, despite increasingly ridiculous attempts to stay alive.

Admit it, you'll all miss me a little :p
...nah.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I feel like I was a good, contributing member of the group! Not my fault I was a wolf. :p
Oh, you were a good, contributing member of the group... just not in the right way. :p You did a really awesome job fooling everyone, though, so my hat's off to you for that. :=|:-):

Or maybe we're all just really, really dumb, like SOV said. That seems to be the theme here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Also holy crap, I need to go to bed soon... I have immuno lab at 8 AM... :barf:

Is it strategy talk if I defend myself? I wasn't turned into a wolf. I was campaigning for teep and dev for obvious reasons (I'm still hurt from yesterday) but then I helped campaign for catier. Also thanks for bring me back kam I owe you one.

Lupin was talking to us deadies :p

Reactions: 1 user
Is it strategy talk if I defend myself? I wasn't turned into a wolf. I was campaigning for teep and dev for obvious reasons (I'm still hurt from yesterday) but then I helped campaign for catier. Also thanks for bring me back kam I owe you one.

You're alive, right? So it doesn't matter. You can say what you like. :)

If you say <anything> about what you did, why you did it, what you knew, what you now know ... you get the idea ... after death, it's strategy.

(Not directed at you, SFsteph): I know it's super tempting. Especially if someone lies about what you told them; you naturally want to say "HEY! THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!". But that's the whole point. Once you're dead, you are (barring a mod-specific mechanism) not a functional unit of the game and you shouldn't be saying or doing <anything> to influence the remaining players.

A little "Go Wolves!" or "Go Villagers!" is ok. A little "C'mon and vote you Lazy McSlackertons!" is fine. If you're saying more than that, you should probably not be saying it. Doesn't matter if it's truthful, not truthful, useful, not useful .... anything that might influence a vote or an action or a decision or a suspicion .... not ok. And it doesn't take much. So it's better to just stay silent.

Hopefully that helps. People won't get too out of sorts in a new player game like this, but in other games people would legitimately be very upset. Especially if they are wolfing and you say something post-death that could impact their plans. Totally not cool. It bothers some mods more than others. I'm a mod who gets really irritated by it, because it's just not that hard - don't say anything other than cheering on your team. Not that difficult.

Reactions: 4 users
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Perhaps it just isn't clear enough what strategy is. Basically once you are dead, you cannot say anything about what you did or didn't do during the game and you cannot offer any thoughts on the game as to what you think is happening or has happened. You must simply be rooting for one side or the other and even that in moderation. As you all can see, it takes a keen eye to play this game, and so a thread full of useless posts from the dead is not welcome.

This game is for you guys to learn so that when some of you join the big girls and boys, you don't get obliterated for this kind of thing. I promise, I love your enthusiasm, but this is very important for you to understand.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Reactions: 5 users
You're alive, right? So it doesn't matter. You can say what you like. :)

If you say <anything> about what you did, why you did it, what you knew, what you now know ... you get the idea ... after death, it's strategy.

(Not directed at you, SFsteph): I know it's super tempting. Especially if someone lies about what you told them; you naturally want to say "HEY! THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!". But that's the whole point. Once you're dead, you are (barring a mod-specific mechanism) not a functional unit of the game and you shouldn't be saying or doing <anything> to influence the remaining players.

A little "Go Wolves!" or "Go Villagers!" is ok. A little "C'mon and vote you Lazy McSlackertons!" is fine. If you're saying more than that, you should probably not be saying it. Doesn't matter if it's truthful, not truthful, useful, not useful .... anything that might influence a vote or an action or a decision or a suspicion .... not ok. And it doesn't take much. So it's better to just stay silent.

Hopefully that helps. People won't get too out of sorts in a new player game like this, but in other games people would legitimately be very upset. Especially if they are wolfing and you say something post-death that could impact their plans. Totally not cool. It bothers some mods more than others. I'm a mod who gets really irritated by it, because it's just not that hard - don't say anything other than cheering on your team. Not that difficult.
QFT and reiteration.

Kcough brought you back :p Just don't make me regret it or I'll cry...

Kcough brought you back :p Just don't make me regret it or I'll cry...
Opps sorry hahaha, I was trying to catch up at work on my cracked phone screen, so hard!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

I don't know but if you reverse search it, this is your second choice:
rHIAaOA.jpg

So she could have chosen weirder. I guess?
(By the way, why nipples through the hoodie and what is ET doing with both his hands?)

Reactions: 3 users
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Perhaps it just isn't clear enough what strategy is. Basically once you are dead, you cannot say anything about what you did or didn't do during the game and you cannot offer any thoughts on the game as to what you think is happening or has happened. You must simply be rooting for one side or the other and even that in moderation. As you all can see, it takes a keen eye to play this game, and so a thread full of useless posts from the dead is not welcome.

This game is for you guys to learn so that when some of you join the big girls and boys, you don't get obliterated for this kind of thing. I promise, I love your enthusiasm, but this is very important for you to understand.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
What about useless posts from the living? :p

Good night ya'll if I don't make it past tomorrow I just want to say thanks for letting me come back it was fun while it lasted. :biglove::biglove:

I don't know but if you reverse search it, this is your second choice:
rHIAaOA.jpg

So she could have chosen weirder. I guess?
(By the way, why nipples through the hoodie and what is ET doing with both his hands?)

But real question- why do they all have so many fingers and toes?!

Night 5 Results.

Night begins, people are getting ready to do their stuff when a horn sounds. Everyone knows what that means. They all go back to their beds and go to sleep.

Nothing has occurred this night. Nothing has changed. Or has it?

Back to lynching.

Your Roster of 12

6- @swiniazycie
7- @Kam325
8 - @ketoone
10- @hazelmoo
11 - @pinkpuppy9
14- @rockatiel
15- @Teepster87
16 - @kcoughli
18 - @Mouse2106
19 - @Stb1473
20 - @Devastating
22 - @SFsteph

Deaded
12 - Chordata25, Tiny Tim
3- katashark, Little Red Riding Hood
1- Lady of the Farm, Huck Finn
17 - klmn87, Matilda
4- alohacat319, Dorothy
21 - Vdubs03, Edmund
23- heyyimhayley, Mare
5 - PrincessButterCup (PBC), Peter Pan
22-
SFsteph, Max,
2- finnickthedog, Peter

Trilt, Krampus
13- @Caiter92, Schwartze Mann.

Lynch Deadline is 9pm EST.

FYI: With the departure of the rain, I am back to a busy schedule, so tally your own votes, Lupin and I will be busy this week.

None of us died?? Is this real life?! :biglove:

Ooo, I think I know who to thank for this!

Okay guys, down to the wire. We could win it right now.

So...there are some options I've been considering. Nothing in Caiter's role description indicated that she was able to silence. Someone left in game is our mystery silencer. That person is either a villager or a wolf.

If the silencer is a villager, that means they either suspected or had information compelling them to believe that Hazel and I were wolves.

But, I was silenced right before a lynch during which it could be reasonably expected I would gun, once again, for Caiter. Seems more likely our silencer is our last remaining wolf. Sounds like a more wolfy than villager-y role to me, anyway.

I think this means it's less likely that Hazel's the wolf. It's possible she could have been silenced as part of a long-con, giving her a cover if she was to become the last wolf left. But she went to bat hard for Steph. I think there's a small possibility that it was a cover, since it seemed pretty certain the tide wasn't turning (and she'd been anti-Steph the night before), but she really did genuinely seem to be fighting to convince everyone. I think there are things to think about here, but it's more likely our wolf lies elsewhere.

I have one leading suspect, one close behind, and two others that are nagging at the back of my mind. If we get it right this time, game's over (unless Steph was converted on resurrection). Anyone have any evidence they've been holding back?

I do see how it would be suspicious of me that I thought SF was a wolf the night before she was killed, however, as soon as I figured out that's she wasn't I wolf I tried soooo hard to convince you all. Also, Peter Pan was the one who silenced me because they were chaos. So someone still must be chaos because you were silenced as well since peter stole that ability (I think). I'm still suspicious of swini and dev... And we haven't really heard from them too much :/ idk though. Right now I'm kind of lost and I trust no one.. Except SF lol

I do see how it would be suspicious of me that I thought SF was a wolf the night before she was killed, however, as soon as I figured out that's she wasn't I wolf I tried soooo hard to convince you all. Also, Peter Pan was the one who silenced me because they were chaos. So someone still must be chaos because you were silenced as well since peter stole that ability (I think). I'm still suspicious of swini and dev... And we haven't really heard from them too much :/ idk though. Right now I'm kind of lost and I trust no one.. Except SF lol

Oops, you're right. Hmm, well that complicates things, as I suppose it's possible you could have been silenced with your own stolen ability.

I have a core group of players I'm near certain are villagers.

I promise that I would NOT silence myself. That was definitely pan. I think that I know for sure mouse is a villager because I made a wolf detector with my tinker toys and it said she wasn't a wolf. But my mentor did say that those can malfunction and give the wrong info. I also think teep is innocent because we pm'd (unless they were lying). Other than that I don't know anything for 100% sure.

Oh I just reread your message! That isn't my ability. I think there is another chaos out there but idk who.