WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kam, I can't tell if you're making really good points or if you're a really good wolf. I have always suspected devastating but never had concrete evidence. Until just now, if what you say is true.

Yeah, I had some feels, but this is going to be the nail in the coffin for me, I think...I didn't get to make any moves last night (I had Tinker Toys but didn't get to use them), so why would Dev, if all of the rest of us were blocked?

Members don't see this ad.

The argument against PP is very compelling. I was convinced she was a wolf at the beginning of the game for the same reasons--Goldi can be considered an antagonist (it was me you're thinking of that brought this up before, Ketoone), and was a crone in the original version (also something I noticed after a hint from LoTF).

But, I got some info from Peter that made me reconsider (get into that in a moment)--there are a few things I've since considered that made me unsure, and I think could be important:

-Yes, Goldi could be considered an antagonist, but some of our roles are specifically designated as "naughty" children, allowing Krampus to target us. Huck was one, and Max was one. Pan was another, but didn't count for the villagers. There have to be more than that, right? Otherwise, Krampus's ability wouldn't be very useful. I think Goldi would probably count as another "naughty" child, which would make for 3 true villagers that Krampus could block. 3 of 18 seems more reasonable to me than 2 of 18, but who knows.

-I originally thought that Goldi was trick from the Mods--that she was actually the old crone from the original version, and that they would spring it on us at the reveal. But now, it seems to me like that doesn't fit in well with the folklore monster theme we're getting. I think if she is Goldi, she's the child version--a bit impudent and intrusive, but that fits with the naughty theme. If she was a wolf, I think she would be an entirely separate monster, meaning Goldi would be a random cover, and the old-crone bit wouldn't be important.

So, I didn't know initially if I could believe what PBC had told me, but some of it has since turned out to be true. She told me that she knew the abilities of Ketoone and Finn and Pink (and what they were--that Finn could kill and Ketoone could make items and Goldi could steal people's items--which is not actually exactly what she's claiming, so I'm not sure why she would obfuscate if it were true). Finn and Ketoone have since proven to be right. I'm assuming now that means she stole all of these abilities, and that's how she knows. She could have been lying to me about Pink--she was Chaos, afterall. So I'm not sure.

It's sketchy that Goldi is claiming a different version of her ability than what I was told, so I don't know about that.
Edmund Pevensie was another naughty child. Now I'm conflicted... ugh. My only consolation is that hopefully if we do accidentally lynch a villager, SFSteph can bring them back.

Reactions: 1 users
The argument against PP is very compelling. I was convinced she was a wolf at the beginning of the game for the same reasons--Goldi can be considered an antagonist (it was me you're thinking of that brought this up before, Ketoone), and was a crone in the original version (also something I noticed after a hint from LoTF).

But, I got some info from Peter that made me reconsider (get into that in a moment)--there are a few things I've since considered that made me unsure, and I think could be important:

-Yes, Goldi could be considered an antagonist, but some of our roles are specifically designated as "naughty" children, allowing Krampus to target us. Huck was one, and Max was one. Pan was another, but didn't count for the villagers. There have to be more than that, right? Otherwise, Krampus's ability wouldn't be very useful. I think Goldi would probably count as another "naughty" child, which would make for 3 true villagers that Krampus could block. 3 of 18 seems more reasonable to me than 2 of 18, but who knows.

-I originally thought that Goldi was trick from the Mods--that she was actually the old crone from the original version, and that they would spring it on us at the reveal. But now, it seems to me like that doesn't fit in well with the folklore monster theme we're getting. I think if she is Goldi, she's the child version--a bit impudent and intrusive, but that fits with the naughty theme. If she was a wolf, I think she would be an entirely separate monster, meaning Goldi would be a random cover, and the old-crone bit wouldn't be important.

So, I didn't know initially if I could believe what PBC had told me, but some of it has since turned out to be true. She told me that she knew the abilities of Ketoone and Finn and Pink (and what they were--that Finn could kill and Ketoone could make items and Goldi could steal people's items--which is not actually exactly what she's claiming, so I'm not sure why she would obfuscate if it were true). Finn and Ketoone have since proven to be right. I'm assuming now that means she stole all of these abilities, and that's how she knows. She could have been lying to me about Pink--she was Chaos, afterall. So I'm not sure.

It's sketchy that Goldi is claiming a different version of her ability than what I was told, so I don't know about that.
What about my ability doesn't say I'm not stealing items? I'm looking for an item that is just right. And since you brought up the whole naughty thing (which I was trying to avoid because I feel like it puts a target on my back, but Krampus is gone now), here is my role:

"Goldilocks-A naughty little girl, you help yourself to the belongings of others. You may submit one name each night in hopes that you find an item that is 'just right.' You must also post in the thread as Goldilocks, stating things are just right, too this, too that, and so on."

I am submitting a name each night in hopes that I can steal their item. Because I am too naughty. Hopefully that clears things up

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, meant LAST night cycle, as in the night before yesterday, not this past night with the horn (nothing new found out tonight, of course!)

Right, I'm sorry, but this is :bullcrap:. If it were true, wouldn't you have come forward and said something when I was railing against Caiter?

Reactions: 1 user
Edmund Pevensie was another naughty child. Now I'm conflicted... ugh. My only consolation is that hopefully if we do accidentally lynch a villager, SFSteph can bring them back.
Ah, you're right, I forgot about Edmund! Still, this is what started me thinking that Pink was telling the truth afterall. Goldilocks was kind of an a**hole, but that seems to fit with the mechanics, I think.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
54BF5C7A-7EBB-4533-A8DD-11943E6FA21D.JPG

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, I had some feels, but this is going to be the nail in the coffin for me, I think...I didn't get to make any moves last night (I had Tinker Toys but didn't get to use them), so why would Dev, if all of the rest of us were blocked?
Wrong night, read again.

Did the wording from the mods specifically say a shadow was stolen?
Yes, the official result:
"
You follow Rocky and see her sticking close to Hmoo all night, but at some point, another child came along and took her etch-a-sketch and somehow her......, what appeared to be......., her .......shadow.

StartingoverVet, Yesterday at 5:58 AM

It would seem that Rocky was the one who protected hazel, so you had stolen the protective power. I wanted to bring up the shadow thing more that day, but since it was the protection you stole, it was likely that you'd use it on yourself, which would help deflect a villager kill if a wolf tried to off you. Didn't want to mess up that possiblity by bringing it up during the night (even though it was all rendered moot by the horn in the end)

You know, I'm onto this.

PP has been calling people out left and right that she is suspicious of with little to no reasons. (Me) I don't know why the ability to use an item when it is "just right" would be a useful role. Sounds made up to me. It's pretty easy to fabricate.

Lynch pinkpuppy

As for the etch-a-sketch, I received a sketch message the same night, so I have disregarded it on the principle that it's likely Kam trying to throw me off trail (chaos).

Ah, you're right, I forgot about Edmund! Still, this is what started me thinking that Pink was telling the truth afterall. Goldilocks was kind of an a**hole, but that seems to fit with the mechanics, I think.
:lame: I'm just too hungry for porridge apparently. And then I went into a food coma, which accurately reflects me IRL
You know, I'm onto this.

PP has been calling people out left and right that she is suspicious of with little to no reasons. (Me) I don't know why the ability to use an item when it is "just right" would be a useful role. Sounds made up to me. It's pretty easy to fabricate.

Lynch pinkpuppy
I've actually only called out 2 or 3 people, you being one of them. And if you read it again, it's not the ability to use an item. It's the ability to steal items when the mods see fit.

:lame: I'm just too hungry for porridge apparently. And then I went into a food coma, which accurately reflects me IRL

I've actually only called out 2 or 3 people, you being one of them. And if you read it again, it's not the ability to use an item. It's the ability to steal items when the mods see fit.

Ok I read that wrong and I take responsibly for that.
I'll waffle anyways I'm sure.

As for the etch-a-sketch, I received a sketch message the same night, so I have disregarded it on the principle that it's likely Kam trying to throw me off trail (chaos).

I did lose an etch a sketch.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we were all blocked last night, who was able to steal a shadow?

It was the light before last. My etch a sketch (wahhh) and my shadow were gone that morning

FWIW, the message I received after learning that the etch a sketch had been stolen said "teepster" over a pic of a wolf. I didn't want to bring it up since teeps was already under speculation and I don't trust the image at all knowing that it came from the shadowstealer/chaos (unless there was more than one etch'a item in play in the same turn, but since items have seemed to go to different players at each turn I highly doubt it)

If you lost your shadow, why didn't you mention it before? It sounds like damning evidence against either an ability thief or Kam for being Pan's buddy...
Hm, did our Peter player ever bring up her shadow being stolen? I don't remember. Seems like only recently we realized that's where Pan's killing ability must have come from earlier in the game.

Right, so clearly there are accusations against me right now and I don't know how to prove they're lies without being lynched myself, but I think I've proved myself as a villager and most people who've been playing strategically should be able to see that. I've attempted to make rational, logical arguments, I've pointed out wolves and campaigned for their lynching. I've contributed as best I can to our effort, and I would hope that would be recognized. I'm fighting for the villagers, guys. Lynch me if you insist, but it will be a mistake.

Also, so pinkpuppy is telling the truth since she stole the etchasketch?

It was the light before last. My etch a sketch (wahhh) and my shadow were gone that morning

I have tinker toys, not an etch-a-sketch. I can post the picture and description sent with the toys, but since we're not allowed to screenshot, that wouldn't verify the date. But, can we trace back who has had the tinker toys for all the past nights? If we can, then I can PROVE that I have them and not the etch-a-sketch by posting the item description word for word.

Night before last, Kam...not last night. We don't know what anyone had/attempted last night due to the horn

Night before last, Kam...not last night. We don't know what anyone had/attempted last night due to the horn
Right, yeah, I saw you changed that. I'm not saying I have the tinker toys as of today, I'm saying that they're what I received the night before last.

Bleh. That was such an easy test... but I'm glad it's over. Now I have genetics tomorrow and immuno Friday to get ready for. It never ends. :(

I'm still sticking with my PP vote for now. Unless someone can provide some really, really good and conclusive evidence to disprove what we've been discussing.

One thing my mentor brought up is the fact that Chaos players usually have their own conditions to win the game. I have no idea what our Pan & Wendy's would be.

One thing my mentor brought up is the fact that Chaos players usually have their own conditions to win the game. I have no idea what our Pan & Wendy's would be.
Whether you think I'm chaos or not (this is mostly for everyone else, since you're obviously claiming I am), all you need to do is look back at my posts and actions to prove to yourselves that I'm fighting for the villagers. I really do believe I'm an asset. I've done all I can to help us figure out game mechanics and identify wolves. If you can find posts form my history that seem like I'm not on our side, please post them for me to address. I think my history should speak for itself.

Okay. Sorry everyone, I'm dealing with some stuff and today I won't be out of class until deadline so I may need some summaries to keep me posted. I blocked everything tonight because I didn't want to lose another villager (since are most talkative /strategy people were worried they were going to die) and also because I wasn't sure I was ready to have another "wild thing" brought back from the dead.

I've been quiet because I didn't want the wolves to kill me before I used my ability but it was a one time thing. I apologize if this messed things up but oh well.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay. Sorry everyone, I'm dealing with some stuff and today I won't be out of class until deadline so I may need some summaries to keep me posted. I blocked everything tonight because I didn't want to lose another villager (since are most talkative /strategy people were worried they were going to die) and also because I wasn't sure I was ready to have another "wild thing" brought back from the dead.

I've been quiet because I didn't want the wolves to kill me before I used my ability but it was a one time thing. I apologize if this messed things up but oh well.
This absolutely did not mess things up. You gave us the chance to end the game once and for all with this lynch...before, perhaps, the wolf could use an item or ability to weasle out or protect themselves today.

I know my name is suspect right now, but it absolutely is in my best interests to get this lynch right today. It would not behoove me to screw this up. I really do think if you guys look back at how I've played, you'll see I'm on your side.

Okay, let's take a deep breath, manatees, and think this through logically!

So here's Peter Pan's description from Night 3 when he died:
Dead, for being naughty, is @PrincessButterCup , aka Peter Pan, the boy who could steal shadows and gain any ability that his shadow may have brought with it.

Next we have Kam's role and ability:
Wendy- The eldest and only girl of the Darling family, you find yourself on a fantastical journey when a boy of magic flies into your room. You must submit a player's name each night in search of Peter Pan. Once you find him, you've got yourself a partner.
Kam has since confirmed since she did find Peter.

Peter was Chaos. --> Wendy became Peter's Partner. --> Peter and Wendy are Chaos.
This seems clear to me when you read the roles.

Next we have the events where it appears Wendy has gained Peter's ability to steal shadows (ABILITIES):
Well, yesterday...a shadow was stolen again. Knowing what I know, I think it's obvious that you're the only one who could possibly have this power now.
Sorry, meant LAST night cycle, as in the night before yesterday, not this past night with the horn (nothing new found out tonight, of course!)
Yes, the official result:
"
You follow Rocky and see her sticking close to Hmoo all night, but at some point, another child came along and took her etch-a-sketch and somehow her......, what appeared to be......., her .......shadow.

StartingoverVet, Yesterday at 5:58 AM

It would seem that Rocky was the one who protected hazel, so you had stolen the protective power. I wanted to bring up the shadow thing more that day, but since it was the protection you stole, it was likely that you'd use it on yourself, which would help deflect a villager kill if a wolf tried to off you. Didn't want to mess up that possiblity by bringing it up during the night (even though it was all rendered moot by the horn in the end)
I have tinker toys, not an etch-a-sketch. I can post the picture and description sent with the toys, but since we're not allowed to screenshot, that wouldn't verify the date. But, can we trace back who has had the tinker toys for all the past nights? If we can, then I can PROVE that I have them and not the etch-a-sketch by posting the item description word for word.

So, it Devastating (aka Nancy Drew) has done some sleuthing and is apparently a tracker (I believe @dyachei posted a list of possibly roles yesterday which included trackers). She watched rockatiel saving hazel (which we know happened because of the write up with the wagon). After rocky used her ability to save hazel, Kam swooped in and took her ability and her items along with it. I don't see any reason why Kam can't have two items. Showing us what the tinker toys description is would be of no help. For one, you could have had it a different night, and two, that doesn't mean you didn't have the etch-a-sketch. Unless someone comes forward and says They had the etch a sketch and sent the pic of teep/wolf to Dev that night, I feel confident that Kam took it.

If you lost your shadow, why didn't you mention it before? It sounds like damning evidence against either an ability thief or Kam for being Pan's buddy...
She posted before all of this happened:
My night action was taken away completely!

Since rocky was able to use her ability the previous night to save Hmoo, I dont think she would have become aware of the fact her shadow was stolen until after last night. That is the first thing she posted today.

On THAT note, I'd like to point out Kam's motives. She has clearly been on the villagers side since the beginning. She was the first to lead us taking down Caiter, which was a huge win for the villagers. I have no doubt she started out this game as a villager.

Once she became chaos (i'm not sure if this was when she found peter, or when peter died) she STILL NEEDS TO KILL WOLVES. She easily kept playing this game as if she was a villager, helping us to track down and kill wolves. Why? because normally, in order for chaos to win, they have to be the last man standing. Its much easier for chaos to take down all the wolves and THEN start picking us off one by one.

Kam has started off today desparately looking for our last wolf/wolves. This makes her sound like a villager, because of course, we all want to find the wolves, but Kam doesn't have negative consequences to who ends up lynched. Villager dies? One less for her to kill. Wolf dies? great, one less to kill and the villagers will still think that kam is a villager too.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that in order for us villagers to win, we need to kill all the wolves AND chaos. They both need to go! It doesn't seem like we have any strong wolf leads at this time. It seems pretty clear at this point that Kam has become chaos so it makes sense to go ahead and lynch her while we keep on the lookout for the remaining wolf/wolves.

Lynch Kam

My mentor told me that chaos is against the villagers. I don't if you're just telling a really good story or not Kam. If you are chaos that could be really bad for us. Wendy could have gotten peter's role when he died, idk. But if we don't find a wolf today then 2 of us are dying tonight. I'm still not sure of devastating and if pink puppy is who she says she is, and we have backup for that, idk who it could be.

I agree with stb. My mentor pretty much told me that chaos was bad news and has a good chance of ending up winning the game. If we can get her out of the way, maybe tonight the remaining wolf will do something tonight to reveal who they are.

Haha I'm sneakily writing under my desk in class :) my phone is already on 20% because of today LOL.

Lynch Kam

Wair! If there's only one wolf then only one dies tonight! That makes us able to afford more time and we will loose less people! :highfive: Is it sad that I just got really excited at the thought that we might almost be to the end and winning this thing?

Whether you think I'm chaos or not (this is mostly for everyone else, since you're obviously claiming I am), all you need to do is look back at my posts and actions to prove to yourselves that I'm fighting for the villagers. I really do believe I'm an asset. I've done all I can to help us figure out game mechanics and identify wolves. If you can find posts form my history that seem like I'm not on our side, please post them for me to address. I think my history should speak for itself.
It's not really so much that you're on the wolves' side, but more that as a Chaos you're on your own side ;) My mentor has said that in previous games, one possible win condition for the chaos players was if all the wolves were killed and only chaos/villagers remained. So this:

This absolutely did not mess things up. You gave us the chance to end the game once and for all with this lynch...before, perhaps, the wolf could use an item or ability to weasle out or protect themselves today.

I know my name is suspect right now, but it absolutely is in my best interests to get this lynch right today. It would not behoove me to screw this up. I really do think if you guys look back at how I've played, you'll see I'm on your side.
Is a bit worrying, if that is the case for this game! You might just need to be the last one standing to win, so lynching wolves would of course be in your best interests as well as ours.

Since we have still not reached strong conclusions regarding the last wolf/wolves, I feel I must not risk the chance of you winning for now. I'll of course be open to further wolf discussion if we find any more concrete evidence.

lynch Kam

guys...this is a game. PLEASE don't shirk real life responsibilities and studying for a game.

Sincerely,
a mentor concerned about manatee welfare

Reactions: 9 users
Why? because normally, in order for chaos to win, they have to be the last man standing.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that in order for us villagers to win, we need to kill all the wolves AND chaos. They both need to go! It doesn't seem like we have any strong wolf leads at this time. It seems pretty clear at this point that Kam has become chaos so it makes sense to go ahead and lynch her while we keep on the lookout for the remaining wolf/wolves.

Lynch Kam

I do not believe that either of these are true. The games ends and the villagers win when when all of the wolves have been killed. Whether or not Chaos can also win is up in the air.

It is also decidedly NOT true that Chaos wins by being the last person standing. The win conditions for chaos vary by game, and are sometimes as simple as lasting to a certain point in the game or achieving a certain goal.

I am someone that you now know for a fact is NOT a wolf. I am the one bet for lynchee that will guarantee that villagers still end up dead tonight. It's an absolute waste to take me down, especially if you believe, as you seem to, that my goal has been to take out wolves. Take out a real wolf today, and you'll all be around to lynch me tomorrow, if the game doesn't immediately end. I have every reason to believe it will immediately end if we get the wolf tonight, though.

Wair! If there's only one wolf then only one dies tonight! That makes us able to afford more time and we will loose less people! :highfive: Is it sad that I just got really excited at the thought that we might almost be to the end and winning this thing?

*********&&&&&&&&&************
*lose
;)
*********&&&&&&&&&&&&*******