WWho Killed Veronica Mars? Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unless the wolf is generous tonight, a mislynch of a villager kills us. Since no one seems to want to help me catch the wolf, the safest choice for the village is to lynch chaos. It's just the numbers, you don't count for village.
How about talk about who you think the wolf might be and why? Tomorrow, if there is a new wolf, you will have NOTHING to go on, where as of right now you do. We have our best chance of catching a wolf today, so if you really are village, you might want to start talking about who you think the wolf could be.

Members don't see this ad.

How about talk about who you think the wolf might be and why? Tomorrow, if there is a new wolf, you will have NOTHING to go on, where as of right now you do. We have our best chance of catching a wolf today, so if you really are village, you might want to start talking about who you think the wolf could be.
I've already said it needs to be either Kam or Saki. You've said it can't be either of them. I have no idea what info you can get or how you're getting it but either you're lying, there's another wolf-turned-villager alive and not speaking up, or there's some bad information floating around.

I was leaning towards Kam being the wolf, because I know she can keep her head and play the field. Saki today seems very willing to just switch her vote left and right which makes me actually think it might be her now instead of Kam.

Oh and if it makes it to tomorrow, the one who switches from wolf back to village will just have to make their best 50/50 call based on no info. But we only get there if you (Jilary) die. Or, we lynch the wolf today. But everyone just feels good lynching me, which I think is silly because I don't see why I would've outed this information today if it wasn't do-or-die for me and my team.

Members don't see this ad :)
Except that I had already been calling for you to be investigated/lynched, gave reasons why you were sketchy, and if you didn't give some sort of explanation (especially one where you can later go "whyyy would I do that as a wolf??") you probably would have been lynched. I mean, I appreciate the vouch about being village, but it's damn easy for a wolf to defend someone as village.

If the game mechanics are as you say, then **** yeah, let chaos/Jil win because it's just an rng-chaotic game. I truly want to believe that PBC didn't do that so you're the best bet for today I think.

Just musings now that I'm home:
I feel like there needs to have been some sort of restriction on someone's "village half" not outing all this info about the wolf mechanics... or I see no reason why LoTF didn't do so on lynch. PBC also called her "75% wolf", and if she was simply benign following her village -> wolf -> village conversions, I don't know why lynching her would count as getting a wolf (even "sort of").

There's also this stated rather definitively from STL:
The only conversion, there are only two wolves in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Unfortunately he's dead and can't say the source of that info (Jil? or maybe computer?), but I feel it'd be weird for him to state it so strongly if it weren't from somewhere and that doesn't fit the traveling wolf mechanism.

Except that I had already been calling for you to be investigated/lynched, gave reasons why you were sketchy, and if you didn't give some sort of explanation (especially one where you can later go "whyyy would I do that as a wolf??") you probably would have been lynched. I mean, I appreciate the vouch about being village, but it's damn easy for a wolf to defend someone as village.

If the game mechanics are as you say, then **** yeah, let chaos/Jil win because it's just an rng-chaotic game. I truly want to believe that PBC didn't do that so you're the best bet for today I think.

Just musings now that I'm home:
I feel like there needs to have been some sort of restriction on someone's "village half" not outing all this info about the wolf mechanics... or I see no reason why LoTF didn't do so on lynch. PBC also called her "75% wolf", and if she was simply benign following her village -> wolf -> village conversions, I don't know why lynching her would count as getting a wolf (even "sort of").

There's also this stated rather definitively from STL:

Unfortunately he's dead and can't say the source of that info (Jil? or maybe computer?), but I feel it'd be weird for him to state it so strongly if it weren't from somewhere and that doesn't fit the traveling wolf mechanism.
I knew why I wasn't dead, assumed it was a professional courtesy from the other wolves came after me not to night kill me. Part of your suspicion was due to me hinting at a power role and not dying right? Well there's your answer.

I said in wolf chat before I left that I wouldn't reveal the full mechanics until end game, just bits and pieces before. I did that because at the time I assumed there were power roles and I'd likely end up back as a wolf. Now that that's highly unlikely, I decided it was time to come out with it.

I came out with the info before any pressure was put on me. Only you had been suspicious of me. I could've easily lied and said the computer told me you were a wolf. We mislynch you, wolf kills villager, wolves (and maybe chaos) wins. Yet another thing it makes no sense for wolf-kc to do today.

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

I sincerely hope that there would have been a healthy amount of skepticism piled on you claiming me as a wolf right after I spent an evening championing LotF's lynch and naming you as the next target. And held onto chaos info when I could have easily let a lynch go that way instead of to a sort-of wolf. Actually, now I'm a little sad you didn't try and claim that bull****, because I would have enjoyed arguing against it.

I sincerely hope that there would have been a healthy amount of skepticism piled on you claiming me as a wolf right after I spent an evening championing LotF's lynch and naming you as the next target. And held onto chaos info when I could have easily let a lynch go that way instead of to a sort-of wolf. Actually, now I'm a little sad you didn't try and claim that bull****, because I would have enjoyed arguing against it.
But I did have the computer, and the best play would have been to lynch you off that evidence (had I claimed it). LotF died a villager (despite having been a wolf at one point) so lynching her gains no cred in my eyes. If anything, the latest wolf would've known LotF had been a wolf, and might've tried to gain cred by throwing her under the bus, hoping she'd turn up partial red.

All arguments I would've made as a wolf trying to throw you under the bus. But I know you're a villager just trying to make sense of this PBC (aka Chaos Incarnate) game.

Anyone else notice how Jilary conveniently goes silent after I call her out on her info being bad?

But I did have the computer, and the best play would have been to lynch you off that evidence (had I claimed it). LotF died a villager (despite having been a wolf at one point) so lynching her gains no cred in my eyes. If anything, the latest wolf would've known LotF had been a wolf, and might've tried to gain cred by throwing her under the bus, hoping she'd turn up partial red.

All arguments I would've made as a wolf trying to throw you under the bus. But I know you're a villager just trying to make sense of this PBC (aka Chaos Incarnate) game.

Anyone else notice how Jilary conveniently goes silent after I call her out on her info being bad?
Yeah, and at least two games that I can think of in the past year have been wolf wins because people blindly followed "seer" info that was fake. I would lay that out, the evidence on both sides and let the cards fall where they may. As I said, it would have been fun (if likely frustrating). But I play for the lulz.

LotF died a villager, but...
PBC - did we get a wolf at the end of the day? I am not asking if we got the killer, did we get a wolf?

You got a wolf.
Sort of. Mostly.
But I know everything!

You got 75% of a wolf. How's that?

...I can't explain that if you guys are benign when you're back in village mode.

Yeah, and at least two games that I can think of in the past year have been wolf wins because people blindly followed "seer" info that was fake. I would lay that out, the evidence on both sides and let the cards fall where they may. As I said, it would have been fun (if likely frustrating). But I play for the lulz.

LotF died a villager, but...

...I can't explain that if you guys are benign when you're back in village mode.
I can't either. That's PBC's explanation. LotF was village. I've been told explicitly that I'm now a vanilla villager. My name will likely start red and end green. Maybe PBC counted LotF as mostly wolf because she never outed any wolf secrets on thread. I have no idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Final Tally

KC (4) - Trilt, Kam, Jil, Saki
Kam ( )
Jil (1) - KC

5/5 voting

Check your votes, you maple waffles

I've already said it needs to be either Kam or Saki. You've said it can't be either of them. I have no idea what info you can get or how you're getting it but either you're lying, there's another wolf-turned-villager alive and not speaking up, or there's some bad information floating around.

I was leaning towards Kam being the wolf, because I know she can keep her head and play the field. Saki today seems very willing to just switch her vote left and right which makes me actually think it might be her now instead of Kam.
I said kam wasn't a wolf yesterday, could be today, you didn't think that was likely.

The case is almost closed. Keith found Veronica's killer.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Alan Moorehead (25% wolf on the PBC scale, if that means anything. But who can tell?)

veronica-mars2.gif

Alan Moorehead, the illustrious principle of Neptune High, murdered Veronica Mars in a hit-and-run. That is fact. What motive? Well, Mr. Moorehead was a respected figure in the school until Veronica discovered that he took advantage of a student when he was a young teacher, and then abandoned the resulting child in the woman's restroom on prom night. What a story. It was a sensation, and a disgrace - Moorehead's life was never the same. His job was gone. His standing in polite society was gone. He was an old man with nothing left to live for, and nothing to lose.

@kcoughli has been arrested. You have lynched a partial wolf. But something still feels wrong. Keith can feel it in his gut - someone else was involved, after the fact, and they're still out there.

There are 4 suspects left. Night deadline 10 am PST (or whenever the heck PBC can get off work).

1. @Kam325
3. @Trilt
8. @Jilary
12. @Saki Nishibi

Cleared / Guilty

FS - Vanilla
Genny - Vanilla
HTML - Vanilla
Rocky - Vanilla
RM - Vanilla
Deva - Vanilla
LoTF, Aaron Echolls - Partial Wolf
STL - Vanilla
KC, Alan Moore - Partial Wolf

Oh goodie. Cumulatively, we've gotten one whooolleeee wolf.

I'm tired and not even going to try and logic through **** tonight. Let's see what the morning brings I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
:corny:

When the night began, Keith had four suspects remaining. One of hem had to be the last accomplice to Veronica's murder.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Keith realized that he'd had his numbers wrong all along - it looked like there were four files left, but really there were only three. @Jilary didn't exist. The Ghost of Veronica Mars, Chaos, was looking over Keith's shoulder all along, haunting his suspects, and trying in her own way to find her killer. Her lynch vote never counted. She didn't accomplish her win condition, to haunt two wolves during the game, but her ghost remained to see the investigation to the end.

Who did that leave?
Mercer Hayes (@Trilt), serial rapist, and Tim Foyle (@Saki Nishibi), criminology student and murderer. While both were despicable men who had committed terrible crimes, neither was involved in Veronica's death.

And so we have Hank Landry, @Kam325, a guy famous for terrible luck and poor decisions. He didn't intentionally kill Dean O'Dell's wife (although he did intentionally have an affair with her). He didn't intend to mislead the Neptune Police Department and cover up Alan Moore's crime, but he did. When he overheard rumors about Veronica's death, Landry's criminology-trained mind began to dissect the situation. He came to the only logical conclusion: Veronica staged her own death. He brought his theories to the Police Department, and they wasted weeks chasing the wrong theory. In the end, the Police Department screwed up their investigations of the other wolves - @kcoughli and @LadyOtheFarm - and no one was tried for Veronica's murder. Way to go Hank.

Now, our WW numbers last night included 1 Converted Wolf, 2 Villagers, and 1 Chaos player. There was one protective item - the taser - in play. One of the villagers (Trilt) received this item. Chaos doesn't count for village numbers, so Kam had her choice of two victims last night: Saki or Trilt. Did she go after the protected one, or did she make a kill?

Ladies and gentleman, I give you, a wolf win! Dead/Cleared is @Saki Nishibi.

4627948-2929883134-veron.gif

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Thanks for playing, everyone! I hope I didn't drive anyone too crazy. :D

Reactions: 1 users
Thought so. If she'd gone after me while protected I was going to lynch saki anyway just because I'd rather lose to Kam.

I'll be honest, didn't love the design (as utterly explained previously, lol). Takes away a lot of the whole point if past actions don't really matter and there's a constantly shifting target.

What I had in mind is that it would be an easier game for the village if they were looking for a convert instead of original. Looking at changing game play instead of a consistent wolf . . . So. I had good intentions? :p

How did I survive the html/me lynch if Jil's vote didn't count?

I'm just a little frustrated because I don't understand why I bothered to put effort into this game. Basically, by the time someone was a wolf long enough to show evidence of being one via votes or words, they swapped away from being one. In a 13 player game with one rez, we only had six lynch cycles max. We only got five because of a tie, and had three shifting targets in that time. There was only one wolf at a time so you couldn't even play off of someone defending/not defending others. Like... I truly may as well have just RNG'd.

Also omg @Jilary why did you lie about Kam not being a wolf?!

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
I didn't! I was told haunting kam didn't fulfil my win condition.
How did I survive the html/me lynch if Jil's vote didn't count?

I'm just a little frustrated because I don't understand why I bothered to put effort into this game. Basically, by the time someone was a wolf long enough to show evidence of being one via votes or words, they swapped away from being one. In a 13 player game with one rez, we only had six lynch cycles max. We only got five because of a tie, and had three shifting targets in that time. There was only one wolf at a time so you couldn't even play off of someone defending/not defending others. Like... I truly may as well have just RNG'd.
Pbc messed up and forgot my vote didn't count.

I feel accomplished, I called it being kam and LoTF.

With that said, I do very strongly feel that this game did not champion the main components of WW where constant analysis of people to assess wolfiness was needed, as kcough didn't count as a wolf at the end of this day for example...

I feel accomplished, I called it being kam and LoTF.

With that said, I do very strongly feel that this game did not champion the main components of WW where constant analysis of people to assess wolfiness was needed, as kcough didn't count as a wolf at the end of this day for example...

Both times you thought I was a wolf, I wasn't. :p
I didn't get converted until lynch closed the day we lynched Lotf. I rezzed you as a villager and was village during that lynch.
Jil, I think that's why you were told I didn't fulfill your condition. When you picked me, I was still village.

I didn't get converted until lynch closed the day we lynched Lotf. I rezzed you as a villager and was village during that lynch.
Jil, I think that's why you were told I didn't fulfill your condition. When you picked me, I was still village.
...so we lynched the person who was currently a wolf and they were allowed to just swap on lynch close??

But with the order of how I lynched, I would have ended up being correct, so technicalities :p. There was a reason that I got killed and not others (it was pretty darned clear I was going to lead a lynchh against you that day, would have been silly for anyone else that was a wolf to kill me off)

The early wolves were allowed to swap to village at any point before their max cycles were up. LoTF swapped a few hours before lynch closed and kam was RNG into wolf. (So she was technically wolf the moment LoTF left) After that, numbers were such that Kam was stuck in her affiliation and couldn't swap out.

I did try to balance with Jil's role starting the game knowing about the wolves and the computer item. The computer wasn't used every time it was distributed :)(), but I was hoping access to information would even the game. Jil could also affiliation seer whether or not the person she haunting was a wolf. If I was trying this again (which I won't! I promise) I wouldn't allow wolves to swap during a day cycle.

Lynch ties were resolved by RNG. There was a 50/50 chance for each person, so everyone or no one or just one person could have died. I did totally space that during Jil's first three way tie tally. I felt awful for screwing up that mechanism. The second time, two parts of the tie were RNG lynched.