WWho Killed Veronica Mars? Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really can't copy and paste from my original mod pm, sorry, but there isn't even anything incriminating in it. My "win condition" is about as benign as possible and I can win with either side, but I'm voting for the village.

As far as Kam and Kam would convert trilt, I don't think the wolf chooses who is converted, that wouldn't make sense since a villager would technically know who the wolf was. Our wilf changes at least every 4 cycles (2day/2nights). I thought it originally said 4 days, so I thought it was possible that STL was revived a wolf by Kam, but the more I thought about it, the less it made sense. If Kam had been a wolf and chose to bring back STL as a wolf, then Kam would now be a villager and would know about STL.

Members don't see this ad.

I really can't copy and paste from my original mod pm, sorry, but there isn't even anything incriminating in it. My "win condition" is about as benign as possible and I can win with either side, but I'm voting for the village.

As far as Kam and Kam would convert trilt, I don't think the wolf chooses who is converted, that wouldn't make sense since a villager would technically know who the wolf was. Our wilf changes at least every 4 cycles (2day/2nights). I thought it originally said 4 days, so I thought it was possible that STL was revived a wolf by Kam, but the more I thought about it, the less it made sense. If Kam had been a wolf and chose to bring back STL as a wolf, then Kam would now be a villager and would know about STL.

How to do you explain LoTF being 75% wolf (meaning more wolf alligned then villager)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys! I did a quick a dirty write-up but forgot to post it. Must be Monday.

This guy again? @SummerTheLynx - Stepfather, vanilla villager - has already been cleared and un-cleared. Keith's final answer? STL is innocent.

Deadline 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST

Five Suspects Remain

1. @Kam325
3. @Trilt
8. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
12. @Saki Nishibi

Cleared / Guilty

FS, Chuck Rook
Genny, Liam Fitzpatrick
HTML, Mrs. Manning
rocky, Lianne Mars
RM, Madiosn Sinlair
Deva, Sheriff Don Lamb
LoTF, Aaron Echolls
STL, Stepfather

Had the computer last night. Asked for trilts entire affiliation history. Villager the whole time.

We're getting to end game so time to spill the beans. I was the original wolf. I'm now a vanilla villager. My info comes from having started the game as a wolf.

Jilary gave you the majority of the mechanics but essentially there's one wolf that changes. They can switch back to villager whenever they want but must switch after 4 cycles (so 2 days). The next wolf is rngd from the vanilla villager pool.

There is a wolf chat but you're essentially leaving messages for those that come after you. You have to leave when you switch back. That means those in the chat will know who's been a wolf, but not know afterwards who the current wolf is.

Jilary seemed to show knowledge of this mechanic, which is why I was so sure she was the next wolf.

Feel free to ask questions. I'll answer if I can or know.

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Sorry guys! I did a quick a dirty write-up but forgot to post it. Must be Monday.

This guy again? @SummerTheLynx - Stepfather, vanilla villager - has already been cleared and un-cleared. Keith's final answer? STL is innocent.

Deadline 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST

Five Suspects Remain

1. @Kam325
3. @Trilt
8. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
12. @Saki Nishibi

Cleared / Guilty

FS, Chuck Rook
Genny, Liam Fitzpatrick
HTML, Mrs. Manning
rocky, Lianne Mars
RM, Madiosn Sinlair
Deva, Sheriff Don Lamb
LoTF, Aaron Echolls
STL, Stepfather

****************^^^^
Grumble grumble grumble

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lynch kam

I feel pretty good about this. It's likely not trilt due to the info from last night and I suspect we are on wolf #3 right now. You know it's not me because I can't be converted. That leaves kcough, saki and kam. I also could see it being kcough again and she just gave us that info to throw us off her scent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch kam

power of deductions from other people.

also voice- hi (other people replied to the voice here so I'm assuming I can only communicate with the voice here?)

Jil, you're kinda breaking my heart by talking to everyone else but me. You know communication roles are my favourite, right?

I fundamentally think that if the game is run the way KC claims, this is bull****. That takes away the whole ability to look back on past actions to determine sketchiness and basically leads us to RNGing targets. We can't even guess convert options if it's randomized... that is a fundamentally bad set up. An alternating wolf makes more sense, and I'm just willing to lose (and maybe be a bit grumpy about it) if it is the way KC claims. My vote is staying where it is.

Jil, you're kinda breaking my heart by talking to everyone else but me. You know communication roles are my favourite, right?

I fundamentally think that if the game is run the way KC claims, this is bull****. That takes away the whole ability to look back on past actions to determine sketchiness and basically leads us to RNGing targets. We can't even guess convert options if it's randomized... that is a fundamentally bad set up. An alternating wolf makes more sense, and I'm just willing to lose (and maybe be a bit grumpy about it) if it is the way KC claims. My vote is staying where it is.
Well we can try to determine when wolves converted and see who started acting different. I converted back to village night two (so day three i was village). And yeah i killed STL N2 because i thought he might have a power role. Genny N1 because she was quiet.

If someone can check the timing i don't lotf used her full time so idk where to go from there, but I think current wolf took over from her otherwise the one between should've spoken up

Oh goodie yeah, we can guess when some random person at some random date we don't know started acting randomly weird. In a <1 week game. As I said, feels wrong, if it is the right answer I don't care.

I am often stubborn to a fault - and this is quite possibly one of those moments - but I'm not willing to believe a self-professed original wolf on screwy game mechanics. Sorry.

It makes literally no sense that I would rez STL if I was a wolf, but y'all do you.

Finished anatomy and now it's time to drink and drink some more. #####Lynch Saki#####

I didn't know communication roles were you're favorite, but I promise there IS a method to my madness, and I look forward to being about to explain it to you soon! :)

It makes literally no sense that I would rez STL if I was a wolf, but y'all do you.

Finished anatomy and now it's time to drink and drink some more. #####Lynch Saki#####
Unless you weren't a wolf then? Lets get some time lines going here:

D1 - N2: Kcough is the wolf
D3: LotF becomes the wolf, but is no longer the wolf by the end of D4
N3: Kam revived STL, LotF is likely still the wolf at this point

So... it's possible you were a villager when that happened, but you aren't anymore.

You've received an item!

tumblr_m5qjorcyey1qb4mxmo1_500.gif

Veronica had mad skills. She once found a students 'dead' father, and now you can borrow a bit of her magic! You have the option to bring one suspect back into the game. This item can only be used once. If you choose not to use it tonight, it will be redistributed to another player tomorrow.

It doesn't actually have a name, apparently, but here's the item.

Had the computer last night. Asked for trilts entire affiliation history. Villager the whole time.

We're getting to end game so time to spill the beans. I was the original wolf. I'm now a vanilla villager. My info comes from having started the game as a wolf.

Jilary gave you the majority of the mechanics but essentially there's one wolf that changes. They can switch back to villager whenever they want but must switch after 4 cycles (so 2 days). The next wolf is rngd from the vanilla villager pool.

There is a wolf chat but you're essentially leaving messages for those that come after you. You have to leave when you switch back. That means those in the chat will know who's been a wolf, but not know afterwards who the current wolf is.

Jilary seemed to show knowledge of this mechanic, which is why I was so sure she was the next wolf.

Feel free to ask questions. I'll answer if I can or know.

You said a wolf can switch back to villager whenever they want, does that include in the middle of a cycle?

Tablet didn't want to connect to the interwebs. But here:
Putting this here for my future reference:
If you are a part of this thread, it means that you are currently a wolf! You have our NPC extraordinaire Caiter to conspire with, but alas, your time here will be temporary. Let me explain how this will work.

1.) You are a wolf for as long as you have access to this chat.

2.) You can stay here for as long as 4 cycles (2 days/2 nights), and you can choose to pass the affiliation on at any time (day or night). When you do, you will need to leave the conversation so that you don't have access to the next wolf's info.

3.) You will not have control over who becomes a wolf after you pass it on.

4.) Know that any vanillager in the game can potentially become a wolf, and there is no limit to the number of times that the same player could potentially gain the affiliation. Although you have access to information about the wolves that came before you, that tells you nothing about the wolves that will come after you.

So we have no clue how long LotF was a wolf, but she clearly didn't use her whole 2 days. If a wolf can quit in the middle of a cycle, like if they are being lynched, that is definitely a problem.
I kind of doubt they can quit at any point. My understanding was they could pick a cycle and it would occur during either the night close or lynch close.

If they could quit in the middle of a cycle I don't see how it would even be possible for village to win--how would you ever successfully lynch a wolf if they could just hop back to villager right before they got lynched?

Ok, lets assume LotF was just a wolf for D3-N3, we got a new wolf D4 and they could still be the wolf now, or there is a new one. If it is the same wolf, my money is on kcough just given what I know, though it could also be trilt since the "trilt has been a villager all game" info came from kcough.

Kam wasn't a wolf yesterday, Saki isn't a wolf today. I can't be converted. Those are things I'm sure of. That leaves trilt and kcough and while I'm leaning towards kcough, I'm still really conflicted.

Okay, so it has to be KC then, if what Jil's implying about her ability is true. Saki's cleared by Jil, Trilt by the computer, Jil can't be converted.

#### Lynch KC ####

Ok, lets assume LotF was just a wolf for D3-N3, we got a new wolf D4 and they could still be the wolf now, or there is a new one. If it is the same wolf, my money is on kcough just given what I know, though it could also be trilt since the "trilt has been a villager all game" info came from kcough.

Kam wasn't a wolf yesterday, Saki isn't a wolf today. I can't be converted. Those are things I'm sure of. That leaves trilt and kcough and while I'm leaning towards kcough, I'm still really conflicted.
Ninja'd....but if Trilt was the wolf, then why would KC lie about the computer results?

If trilt were wolf then, it wouldn't matter now. I don't think KC would lie about the computer results, and it could be true that trilt was villager all game.

Unlynch kam lynch KC

Guys it makes zero sense for me to out all this information if I was the wolf. If I was, I would have sat on it until we mislynched and then I win as the wolf. I only benefit by outing this if I'm a villager. We cannot lynch a villager today or we lose.

The other option as I see it is to lynch chaos, then if my math is right wolf has to switch by tomorrow, then whoever is the wolf today can out themselves and then its up to them to figure out who took their place

Guys it makes zero sense for me to out all this information if I was the wolf. If I was, I would have sat on it until we mislynched and then I win as the wolf. I only benefit by outing this if I'm a villager. We cannot lynch a villager today or we lose.

The other option as I see it is to lynch chaos, then if my math is right wolf has to switch by tomorrow, then whoever is the wolf today can out themselves and then its up to them to figure out who took their place

hmm you may be right. . . . unlynch KC

trilt could also have been converted . . .

You enter your search and wait for the program to find your results. The screen is black for a long moment.

Finally:

Trilt is vanilla villager now, and has not had any other affiliation at any time.
This is the result I received this morning. I also think that whoever is the wolf today took over directly from LotF (otherwise the person in between should chime in), which means that Trilt at least shouldn't be the wolf today. I wish she wasn't the only person I trusted though since she clearly doesn't trust me.

Also, Jilary could be effing with us. No idea what chaos' win condition is.

This is the result I received this morning. I also think that whoever is the wolf today took over directly from LotF (otherwise the person in between should chime in), which means that Trilt at least shouldn't be the wolf today. I wish she wasn't the only person I trusted though since she clearly doesn't trust me.

My win condition is I have to talk to 2 wolves and make it until the end. I won't win at this point because I haven't talked to any wolves. That's ok though, as long as village wins, I'll feel like I win too.

Well I trust Jil quite a lot atm because she correctly labeled me as a non-wolf.

However, I can see you throwing information out there to throw us off guard and make us believe that you are benign.

relynch KC

Additionally: why did lotf not out this info about wolves while "village" and being lynched?
You'll have to ask her. But I didn't out it until end game in case I ended up as a wolf. I didn't know she had ever been a wolf until she was lynched.

Guys do the math here, we cannot lose a villager today or we lose. There is no logical reason for me to have outed this info today as a wolf. Jilary is CHAOS, we cannot take what she says as golden truth. Both Kam and Saki cannot be villagers, one of them has to be a wolf today. Tonight or tomorrow that can change.

Actually, I'm calling out the wolf here, if you know what's best for you you'll kill Jilary tonight instead of a villager, because you will (if my math is right) convert back to villager at the night close so will lose with the village after this mislynch of me.

Actually, I'm calling out the wolf here, if you know what's best for you you'll kill Jilary tonight instead of a villager, because you will (if my math is right) convert back to villager at the night close so will lose with the village after this mislynch of me.
I figured I was dead tonight anyway if we don't get the wolf today. I do question you lynching me instead of trying to find the actual wolf though. I mean if you aren't the wolf now, tomorrow you could be and without me around you will have no idea who isn't a wolf. I'm actually good for the village right now.

I figured I was dead tonight anyway if we don't get the wolf today. I do question you lynching me instead of trying to find the actual wolf though. I mean if you aren't the wolf now, tomorrow you could be and without me around you will have no idea who isn't a wolf. I'm actually good for the village right now.
Unless the wolf is generous tonight, a mislynch of a villager kills us. Since no one seems to want to help me catch the wolf, the safest choice for the village is to lynch chaos. It's just the numbers, you don't count for village.