Sherlock WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm having some massive personal issues, guys, so I don't know how much I'll be around for the next couple days. :(:(

Members don't see this ad.

:( booooo......

i TOTALLY missed this b/c I've been watching the game from my phone....

but devyn, you incorporated my blessed song into your siggy! :love: I am touched LOL

Yes - it was too awesome not to use somewhere!!! :D

I'm having some massive personal issues, guys, so I don't know how much I'll be around for the next couple days. :(:(

Sorry to hear nohika - hope everything is ok! :xf:

Sorry to hear nohika - hope everything is ok! :xf:

Massive anxiety issue, grad school applications, and a volatile family situation = :boom:

So I'll be out for most of tomorrow just trying to relax and taking some personal time. I'll try and check in, but I also work, so no guarantee.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah nohika!!!! I'm sorry....

Remember I"m always around to PM, non WW related that is ;)

Much :love: to you, nohika! Hope everything works out.

Massive anxiety issue, grad school applications, and a volatile family situation = :boom:

So I'll be out for most of tomorrow just trying to relax and taking some personal time. I'll try and check in, but I also work, so no guarantee.

:xf: that everything works out nohika!

That sucks Nohika! :(

Sorry zany!

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

This mod will be heading to bed soonish. We need 6 PMs from players, so we'll see how things look in the morning.

I hope things work out for you, nohika!

Done with Season 1... must watch this Netflix DVD so I can have Season 2 SENT to me instead of watching it instantly. Those numb nuts

At least you don't have to wait more than a year after watching season 1 before being able to see season 2...

Boooo...I hate helping wolves :(. I'm afraid for the people who revealed their identities today. I hope they have protection over the night. I'd really like to be cleared if there are any investigator abilities out there.

Good luck, nohika. Sometimes life becomes more important than WW games, if you can believe it.

Boooo...I hate helping wolves :(. I'm afraid for the people who revealed their identities today. I hope they have protection over the night. I'd really like to be cleared if there are any investigator abilities out there.

Good luck, nohika. Sometimes life becomes more important than WW games, if you can believe it.

Yeah. I feel bad about Zany, but we all knew it was a hit-or-miss shot. Even though it was the wrong shot (duh), I think the general approach was better than just rng.

Explain why you're worried about people who revealed their identity? The wolves already knew they were villagers. Now they know they're villagers without any special roles (unless I missed somebody outing herself with a role). So they're more likely to hunt elsewhere hoping to hit a role - like a villager seer.

At least, I would, barring some other devious scheme. I wouldn't bother with the 'ordinary' villagers at this point.

Explain why you're worried about people who revealed their identity? The wolves already knew they were villagers. Now they know they're villagers without any special roles (unless I missed somebody outing herself with a role). So they're more likely to hunt elsewhere hoping to hit a role - like a villager seer.

At least, I would, barring some other devious scheme. I wouldn't bother with the 'ordinary' villagers at this point.

But when a Villager's name is revealed, we are going to be less likely to lynch that player. At least that's how I see it. I guess wolves could be making up names from characters, but it seems pretty risky.

Members don't see this ad :)
But when a Villager's name is revealed, we are going to be less likely to lynch that player. At least that's how I see it. I guess wolves could be making up names from characters, but it seems pretty risky.

Fair 'nuff. I don't think that would impact things much this early on, but point taken. Though since those people haven't been cleared beyond their claim, I wouldn't write them off getting lynched. I know *I* certainly don't have any reason to believe any of them.

its been done :smuggrin:

Collin Creevey, GUFFAW

First of all - thanks for not voting to lynch me and mad props to the ones who changed their votes!

Tigerwillow and SnS - I don't think you can really judge my playing based on HP - maybe I am playing the same way but I've only played 3 other games. I was the "seer" in SOVs very first game and thus had to appear cryptic all the time, and in the HP and Crazy Planet games - I was a wolf. This is my first time playing as a normal villager and so there isn't really a way to judge my playing style yet.

I would recommend looking into each other's (SnS/TW) credentials. It would not surprise me if one of you is a wolf and tried to sway the other one to vote for me.

Now, headed to bed. Long shift at the fair and I'm up in less than 5 hours to do it again.
2. more. days. I'll be back long before the lynch deadline so will chat to ya'll then! :)

First of all - thanks for not voting to lynch me and mad props to the ones who changed their votes!

Tigerwillow and SnS - I don't think you can really judge my playing based on HP - maybe I am playing the same way but I've only played 3 other games. I was the "seer" in SOVs very first game and thus had to appear cryptic all the time, and in the HP and Crazy Planet games - I was a wolf. This is my first time playing as a normal villager and so there isn't really a way to judge my playing style yet.

I would recommend looking into each other's (SnS/TW) credentials. It would not surprise me if one of you is a wolf and tried to sway the other one to vote for me.

Zanyyyyy...sad day for us pink ladies.:(

And heylo...chill. Both of us said we knew it wasn't much to go on, we were just suspicious with the lack of voting/desire to vote at all, and neither of us wanted to RNG. That's it.

First lynches always suck(we all know this by now), but voting keeps the game moving, and allows us to get information out in the open. If you aren't going to be around, at least send in a contingency.

Now i'm off to finish this research project before leaving for ze Olympics on Saturday. Hopefully stats and I can be friends today....hopefully. :rolleyes:

Do we not have a seer? Or an investigative item? Like I said before, I've gotten one item, the Browning. Didn't use it because I didn't want to shoot an innocent villager. I have a name and a role, but my role can only be used at a certain time.

I hope someone finds some good information out tonight, this constant killing of Yarders isn't good!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Sorry everyone. I was unable to get internet yesterday, currently at a mall with free wi-fi. It might be like this for a few days. The fog makes you hallucinate (the cat, the goose, the colors, etc.) It also makes you highly susceptible to suggestions. The more you all kept suggesting cat, the more I kept talking about it, sorry wildcat. I had Mycroft's ID. I think it may protect from investigation, not sure though... It said it works automatically. I no longer have it. That is all I have right now, although from briefly reading PM's I think I noticed something going to double check now....

Now, headed to bed. Long shift at the fair and I'm up in less than 5 hours to do it again.
2. more. days. I'll be back long before the lynch deadline so will chat to ya'll then! :)

mad props???? we all lynched another villager.

quite honestly, playing style is really important... I was able to both pinpoint PP and squirrels with things they said and actions they were doing (albeit unintentional during planet).

and on that note, there are investigative items.

Checking in.... went to the beach since the weather was nice with my older dog... and now he is not doing well... I will post more in the rant thread. UGH! :(

Anyhow - I have dinner tonight at a Tapas restaurant, so we will around on and off - got a groupon and using it.

mad props???? we all lynched another villager.

quite honestly, playing style is really important... I was able to both pinpoint PP and squirrels with things they said and actions they were doing (albeit unintentional during planet).

and on that note, there are investigative items.

:thumbup: seriously - playing style can be crucial to catching someone as a wolf and then a lot of times deciding to investigate them... in one game where I had a seer role I used that to immediately pinpoint WTF and it brought me a wolf. And in the mafia game it worked as well - although sort of in a backwards manner.... :laugh:

And good to know there are investigative items. I would assume there is a seer as well as that is pretty standard for most WW games.

Aww poo.

Hugs for nohika! :hug:

Also, anyone else find it odd that nohika's vote wasn't used yesterday? If someone was gonna steal it, shouldn't they have used it?

Aww poo.

Hugs for nohika! :hug:

Also, anyone else find it odd that nohika's vote wasn't used yesterday? If someone was gonna steal it, shouldn't they have used it?

maybe they didn't have to?

It's odd to me too. Why use it this early on?

Viewing the footage in a comfortably-appointed office far way, Mycroft and Anthea wondered if perhaps SOV needed to retire from police work sooner rather than later.)
I OBJECT! This is blatant manipulation designed to make me a wolfen target.

lynch IPB

That is wolf behavior if I ever saw it.

I mean I'm sure they didn't have to, but why steal it. I guess unless they were planning to use it to save someone from being lynched if the voting got close?

Or to ensure one of their wolf friends didn't get lynched....

lynch IPB

:laugh:

I am awake...but I think this accurately describes the last 12 ish hours of my life:
:hardy::clap::horns::banana::biglove:...then...:yawn::sleep::sleep:...now....:barf::smack:

I didn't even think about that...maybe nohika knows something? Although she was still able to strategize and such so she could have been like "yo guys i can't vote but so and so is a wolf" which obviously she didn't do. :confused:

I mean I'm sure they didn't have to, but why steal it. I guess unless they were planning to use it to save someone from being lynched if the voting got close?

I didn't even think about that...maybe nohika knows something? Although she was still able to strategize and such so she could have been like "yo guys i can't vote but so and so is a wolf" which obviously she didn't do. :confused:

:thumbup: Or to protect themselves or just to see what the item actually did. :shrug:
Item or role?

If it is a role maybe they can only steal it every other day, and will just steal every time they can... just in case.

If it is an item, then you might do it to make sure you (or a friend, wolf or otherwise) don't get lynched. I would probably do that if I get an item.

And we don't know they didn't cast a vote. Maybe the mods just don't tell us, but adjust the results. This wasn't a close vote so perhaps didn't matter!

:sleep:

Not a single post in the 2 hours since I last checked. Sherlock must be in some opium den. :thumbup:

Got caught up in the middle of a book. About to go meet my big. Hopefully we'll have results when I get back.

maybe they didn't have to?

It's odd to me too. Why use it this early on?

They don't have to. Unless they don't send in a pm. Like I said I had this item the first night. If you don't send a pm to the mods then it is RNG as to whether or not you use it and also who you use it on (if you do).

:thumbup: Or to protect themselves or just to see what the item actually did. :shrug:

Maybe they wanted to see if it did anything else. I already said what it did for me. Granted that I stole the vote was in bold. Looks like it doesn't do anything else.

Item or role?

If it is a role maybe they can only steal it every other day, and will just steal every time they can... just in case.

If it is an item, then you might do it to make sure you (or a friend, wolf or otherwise) don't get lynched. I would probably do that if I get an item.

And we don't know they didn't cast a vote. Maybe the mods just don't tell us, but adjust the results. This wasn't a close vote so perhaps didn't matter!

It's an item called the incriminating photographs. Like I said you have a choice as to whether or not you use it (as long as you pm the mods). From my understanding you got to pm the mods and tell them who you want the person to vote for. I didn't think it would be kept secret.

lynch IPB

:laugh:

I'm catching up on my PMs, we'll see if I have everything I need to close out night early or not...

Going to the gym this morning for a change. Hope I come back to results and am not dead. The incriminating photos might also be useful if you were a villager about to be lynched, I don't think it's necessarily a wolf item.

Yay!!! I can talk now. I was shot in the arm and was silenced until the end of day 2. I had an item last night and I did use it, not completely sure what it would do. It was the incriminating photographs. Apparently you can use them to blackmail other players. In this case it would allow me to control the other player's lynch vote. I thought about using it, but decided against it since this was the first lynch and no one really had any idea on who to lynch.

Gotta to to bed with the husband now. He's giving me sad puppy eyes.

Very true. And I did lose it this morning. But the lynch vote was in bold so I'm assuming it doesn't always do the same thing.

Maybe they wanted to see if it did anything else. I already said what it did for me. Granted that I stole the vote was in bold. Looks like it doesn't do anything else.

I thought you said you didn't steal anyone's vote the first night. :confused:

I don't understand. You stole it to use it but didn't use it. But the vote you stole came up in bold?

Okay, I lied. :p Night is closed, results pending. As always, wait to share until results are up!

Good morning, I most likely will be distracted today. Playing with an adorable puppy all day.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Sorry for the delay, my internet apparently hates me.

Getting a Yarder, instead of a member of the criminal organization, for the second day in a row was extremely disheartening. It was a subdued group of officers who went their separate ways for the night. Their Head Officer made a late-night call to confer with Mycroft and Anthea. Those in the Back Garden noticed that the surveillance cameras kept a steady watch on them all night long. Someone pulled another all-nighter, looking into a fellow officer’s background. People kept losing and finding things all over the place. The strange fog was seen on the grounds, and once again two shots disturbed the quiet of the night.

Everyone rushed outside to see what had happened. At first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. “Wait,” ksmi finally realized after seeking out the members of her division, “Where’s Dandelion

“Oh, no,” CFC said in tones of dawning horror as people looked around for the absent officer. “We have to find her, she might need help!” They scattered over the grounds and the search for Dandelion was on.

It was Philliab who found the body, sprawled half-in half-out of a chair in one of the front rooms, blood soaked into the upholstery and pooled on the floor. “Single gunshot to the heart,” she told the others when they arrived. “And with that window open, the shot could have come from inside or out.”

Dandelion18, otherwise known as D.I. Dimmock, a Yarder, has died!

Not including Head Officer Sheeps, 20 players remain:
Pink Division
1. TigerWillow
2. PetPony
3. SnS
4. zanydogz - Seb Wilkes

Banker Division
1. krist
2. DVMDream
3. SOV
4. CorporateFatCat

Game Division
1. nohika
2. heylodeb
3. wldlfstdnt
4. Abney - Mike Stamford

Scandal Division
1. LIS
2. dyachei
3. devyn
4. abbercadaver

Hounds Division
1. orcagirl
2. kakurubird
3. Jamr0ckin
4. wildcatj - Andrew West

Reichenbach Division
1. Dandelion18 - D.I. Dimmock
2. Philliab
3. holdonhope
4. ksmi117

It is now Day 4. Please vote for one player to lynch. Day closes at 8 pm CDT or when plurality has been reached.

tumblr_m4ptyt40611qb7ozfo1_500.gif

Head hurts, working hard or hardly working? Colors spin, red blue blue red. Who's red and who's blue. Wish excedrin was purple so it would taste good