Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As an aside... when I enter "Stewart University School of Medicine" into Wikipedia, the first entry on the search results list is "Johns Hopkins School of Medicine" (100% relevance no less). Coincidence? I think not. I thought Hopkins was a scam ever since they took my application fee and proceeded to ignore me.

Members don't see this ad.

As an aside... when I enter "Stewart University School of Medicine" into Wikipedia, the first entry on the search results list is "Johns Hopkins School of Medicine" (100% relevance no less). Coincidence? I think not. I thought Hopkins was a scam ever since they took my application fee and proceeded to ignore me.

:laugh:

You guys are assuming Stewart students have multiple changes of clothes (and thus that same clothing means the same day).

So what is your take on this Law? Do you think it's an elaborate hoax or some real scham school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, now I'm just pissed off:
"The school was founded in January 2007 by former officers of the armed forces. The chancellor of the school, William Bullock Stewart III was himself a medical student at the University of Michigan School of Medicine at Ann Harbor, Maryland and has a graduate degree in physics from the University of California Santa Barbara. The chancellor also recently served in operation Iraqi Freedom."
(http://www.iskenderiye.com/story/stewart-university-school-of-medicine/)
He is not an M.D., nor is a graduate of the U of M school of medicine (as a UM undergrad, I take offense). I don't even think this chancellor guy is a true DDS dentist either, even though he served as one in the military. This scham can't be allowed to go on. Not only are there people being defrauded (and aimed at our veterans no less), this joke of a school is a direct threat to the integrity of U.S. physicians everywhere. What could be done to shut it down? Better Business Bureau(who has no real power unfortunately)? U.S. Fraud division? AMA?

Yeah - I think the majority of their faculty is either fraudulent or...dead
burial.gif

(yay smiley webpage)

The chancellor of the school, William Bullock Stewart III was himself a medical student at the University of Michigan School of Medicine at Ann Harbor, Maryland

Ummm. I'm going to stop trying to understand that... b/c if I keep at it, I think my brain is going to melt.

OMG!

I totally missed that the first time around!

(I'll have to visit U of M the next time I'm in Ann Harbor, Maryland)

Yeah - I think the majority of their faculty is either fraudulent or...dead
burial.gif

(yay smiley webpage)
Wow, that's an awesome smiley.:laugh:

How come Saul has not come here to defend SU yet?:(

I think these people are full-fledged scam artists. Check out the bottom of this page:

http://godmomasforge.com/

"We are located in a professional office building"

OMG LIKE THE REAL ONEZ I SAW ON THE TV!? FANCEEEEEEY

Am I the only one who thinks gunilla sounds like an STD thats not yet been described?

If someone will apply and go to the interview, I will help reimburse a few bucks towards the app fee. This could be pure cinematic gold.

Members don't see this ad :)
If someone will apply and go to the interview, I will help reimburse a few bucks towards the app fee. This could be pure cinematic gold.
They have phone interviews, unfortunately.

Okay, now I'm just pissed off:
"The school was founded in January 2007 by former officers of the armed forces. The chancellor of the school, William Bullock Stewart III was himself a medical student at the University of Michigan School of Medicine at Ann Harbor, Maryland and has a graduate degree in physics from the University of California Santa Barbara. The chancellor also recently served in operation Iraqi Freedom."
(http://www.iskenderiye.com/story/stewart-university-school-of-medicine/)
He is not an M.D., nor is a graduate of the U of M school of medicine (as a UM undergrad, I take offense). I don't even think this chancellor guy is a true DDS dentist either, even though he served as one in the military. This scham can't be allowed to go on. Not only are there people being defrauded (and aimed at our veterans no less), this joke of a school is a direct threat to the integrity of U.S. physicians everywhere. What could be done to shut it down? Better Business Bureau(who has no real power unfortunately)? U.S. Fraud division? AMA?

Ann Harbor is a wh-re!

but either way, just because some guy has a website doesn't mean that anyone has actually been defrauded. I have no idea what the legal issues are, but there's no proof that anyone has given them a cent at the moment.

Ann Harbor is a wh-re!

but either way, just because some guy has a website doesn't mean that anyone has actually been defrauded. I have no idea what the legal issues are, but there's no proof that anyone has given them a cent at the moment.

There's actually no proof that they've lied. They make no real claims. No rotations. No building. No second year professors lined up even. And who's to say that the chancelor wasn't a med student at one point but may have dropped/failed out.

Grrrrrr.... Saul deleted most of the criticizing and debunking comments that were under that one video

hammer.gif

There's actually no proof that they've lied. They make no real claims. No rotations. No building. No second year professors lined up even. And who's to say that the chancelor wasn't a med student at one point but may have dropped/failed out.

exactly, so I'm not sure why Humble is so upset... if you shut it down you kill our (admittedly sorry) form of entertainment.

edit: 2000th post! (wow, that's kinda sad... :()

exactly, so I'm not sure why Humble is so upset... if you shut it down you kill our (admittedly sorry) form of entertainment.

edit: 2000th post! (wow, that's kinda sad... :()

The lying is all over the place. Mr. Chancellor absolutely did not the attend the University of Michigan at Hann Arbor Medical school, there definitely aren't 200 students enrolled per semester, and there are blatantly false claims about the way licensure occurs on the FAQ portion of the website.

You're definitely right that we have yet to see someone who unfortunately forked over cash (I wonder if this Saul guy is just a recruiter of sorts). I'm surprised you're not upset with a school that tries to make a tail-run around the entire medial licensing system while making a buck off of naive pre-meds.

The lying is all over the place. Mr. Chancellor absolutely did not the atten the University of Michigan at Hann Arbor Medical school, there definitely aren't 200 students enrolled per semester, and there are blatantly false claims about the way licensure occurs on the FAQ portion of the website.

You're definitely right that we have yet to see someone who unfortunately forked over cash (I wonder if this Saul guy is just a recruiter of sorts). I'm surprised you're not upset with a school that tries to make a tail-run around the entire medial licensing system while making a buck off of naive pre-meds.

Not to mention the self-proclaimed "#1 leader in US Medical Education" I think that alone is grounds for investigation by AAMC or some other regulatory body. How can they claim that?

Not to mention the self-proclaimed "#1 leader in US Medical Education" I think that alone is grounds for investigation by AAMC or some other regulatory body. How can they claim that?

Actually that kind of claim is accepted puffery in business. Sort of like "America's favorite restaurant", "best burger in the city", "At Ford, quality is Job 1" or the "Greatest Show on Earth". It's the specific details (i.e. number of students, faculty etc.) that is what could get them in trouble. But I haven't seen any real claims, nor have I seen any evidence on here that anything they've said is false. I think matriculating there would be a really bad idea and doubt that this school will ever get someone licensed. But there's a difference between a bad idea and fraud.

i wonder if anyone has forked over the $75 to get a copy of the application - i'm dying to see what kind of questions they ask.

i wonder if anyone has forked over the $75 to get a copy of the application - i'm dying to see what kind of questions they ask.

It probably starts off with:

"Congratulations on your acceptance to the Stewart University School of Medicine"

It probably starts off with:

"Congratulations on your acceptance to the Stewart University School of Medicine"

With a new link to the tuition PayPal page...

The lying is all over the place. Mr. Chancellor absolutely did not the attend the University of Michigan at Hann Arbor Medical school, there definitely aren't 200 students enrolled per semester, and there are blatantly false claims about the way licensure occurs on the FAQ portion of the website.

in the end it's not as if for-profit law schools with 15% bar passage rates that operate legally in this country are much better...

and I'm still not convinced that there is a "school" at all...just some guy...maybe a two or three, and a computer. If either one of us spent the same amount of spare time putting a website/scheme like this together as we have on SDN we would probably be a lot more convincing.

http://www.stewartmed.org/faculty.html

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/about/staff.htm

Again, strange that someone would go from NIH to SU - especially going from biophysical chemistry and research using NMR in biological systems to teaching neuroscience at Stewart.

And "his website" that they link to is just a flyer for a symposium that happened in 2006 dedicated to him.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/meetings/ferretti/index.htm

How could he teach in California and have a (301) phone # listed at NIH simultaneously? Unless he flies back and forth every day...:rolleyes:

http://www.stewartmed.org/faculty.html

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/about/staff.htm

Again, strange that someone would go from NIH to SU - especially going from biophysical chemistry and research using NMR in biological systems to teaching neuroscience at Stewart.

And "his website" that they link to is just a flyer for a symposium that happened in 2006 dedicated to him.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/meetings/ferretti/index.htm

Yeah, that guy was well celebrated in his field and I think that symposium was for his retirement from the NIH? I too find it extremely hard to believe that Stewart would be his next endeavor in life, but I couldn't track down any contact information on the web to ask him myself.

His facial expressions make me want to hurl. :barf:

What a giant ass. "Hey I've got an AMSA card... STEWART IS REAL!"

This video is well within the range of professionalism stewart has established.

Edit: What... did he just claim to have been a surgical intern? His bible during his "internship" was Major's Physical Diagnosis. Amazon doesn't carry this book and the last edition they have listed is from 1981.

Its scary that these people actually exist at there somewhere... especially gunilla.

I am very pleased to see this thread thriving.... :laugh:

What a giant ass. "Hey I've got an AMSA card... STEWART IS REAL!"

This video is well within the range of professionalism stewart has established.

Edit: What... did he just claim to have been a surgical intern? His bible during his "internship" was Major's Physical Diagnosis. Amazon doesn't carry this book and the last edition they have listed is from 1981.

Just so everyone knows, any pre-med can become a member of AMSA. Interesting thing is that his chapter is neither listed in the California no International listings at AMSA's webpage. If he's blatantly lying about this, not so sure why anyone would believe him on anything else. I also love that he refers to himself as a surgical intern. Apparently, he's doing a residency in surgery, and then going back for those silly biochem courses...

OK.. I just watched the youtube videos... I am totally confused (he did his surgical internship, but hasn't even taken the USMLE yet... uhm... huh?)

I just completed my USMLE application a few weeks ago, and I swear there was a question on there that said I was only eligible to sit for the test if I was a student at an accredited school - so how can this bozo take the test?

OK.. I just watched the youtube videos... I am totally confused (he did his surgical internship, but hasn't even taken the USMLE yet... uhm... huh?)

I just completed my USMLE application a few weeks ago, and I swear there was a question on there that said I was only eligible to sit for the test if I was a student at an accredited school - so how can this bozo take the test?

You wouldn't be so confused if you realized this is all an elaborate (maybe not so elaborate) hoax to scam people of their money.

Wow ... I can't believe I've offically watched 5 videos of that guy and my head has not yet exploded.

akdfjosdkfj too much to even rant about!!

ummm, do you really need someone to answer that question for you? :rolleyes:

ummm, do you really need someone to answer that question for you? :rolleyes:

So the videos on youtube seem sincere. He seems to think he is actually going to a real school. I wonder if they are preying on this poor guy who just isn't bright enough to realize that it is a scam.

... or he gets done, and moves back to Mexico where he is revered as an "American med school grad"

Wow ... I can't believe I've offically watched 5 videos of that guy and my head has not yet exploded.

akdfjosdkfj too much to even rant about!!

i look forward to each installment more than i look forward to new episodes of nip/tuck (which is getting crappier, by the way).

i look forward to each installment more than i look forward to new episodes of nip/tuck (which is getting crappier, by the way).
Maybe they should consider adding Saul to their team? He is, after all, in the midst of his "surgical internship."

ok, so i just watched the saul show for the first time.

WTF, does this guy actually think he knows what he's talking about?

I like how he says nothing concrete at all except the web address for stewart. "finals are hard. we're in the midst of learning about biochemical processes."

then, he throws in "hypoxia" for good measure. what a tool.

So the videos on youtube seem sincere. He seems to think he is actually going to a real school. I wonder if they are preying on this poor guy who just isn't bright enough to realize that it is a scam.

... or he gets done, and moves back to Mexico where he is revered as an "American med school grad"

Saul is an Indian/Pakistani name :)