latiere

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
—-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got through like three lines before I gave up getting through that wall of text, but I'm gonna answer what your questions probably are:

(1) No one actually cares where you go to UG or med school, in the end, all that matters is where you do your residency (and fellowship, if you do one). The first few just make the path easier to the last two.
(2) A W may count against you a bit, but not enough to sink you. Show your excellency in that subject in some other way (classes in the same department, SAT IIs, whatever)
(3) It's too late to change it, might as well focus on the future and positivity.

Welcome to SDN!

Reactions: 1 user
I mean, just to give you some hope, I think I left undergrad with like 3 or 4 Ws, and I still got 4 acceptances into med school lol. Don't worry about it so much. Schools look at the whole picture (grades, MCAT, volunteering, shadowing, personality), and they give you an opportunity at most interviews to talk about "weak" spots in your application. Just be open and honest, and speak about how it helped you grow as a person and how you've used that experience to perform and time manage better in your other classes. I think most schools will just be impressed that someone who was 15 at the time was mature enough to push for harder than high school classes. Good on you for being proactive.

Reactions: 1 user