You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hahah...what? Waitlisted? Holy ****! I'm not rejected! WTF? Guess this would explain why west-coasters got rejection letters before me...
Anyway, information! There are 30 people on the NP waitlist and 25 on the HST waitlist. It's unranked. They expect to make offers to waitlisters between the end of May and mid-June.
Feel free to ask any other questions about it; I'll let you know if I can answer them.
Anyway, information! There are 30 people on the NP waitlist and 25 on the HST waitlist. It's unranked. They expect to make offers to waitlisters between the end of May and mid-June.
Feel free to ask any other questions about it; I'll let you know if I can answer them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!! Congrats to all acceptees!
Tiamat...how did you receive the waitlist notification? Was it through email, or snail mail?
Hahah...what? Waitlisted? Holy ****! I'm not rejected! WTF? Guess this would explain why west-coasters got rejection letters before me...
Anyway, information! There are 30 people on the NP waitlist and 25 on the HST waitlist. It's unranked. They expect to make offers to waitlisters between the end of May and mid-June.
Feel free to ask any other questions about it; I'll let you know if I can answer them.
How and when did this come?
And has anyone received any acceptance after Monday?
Wish I could give up hope but no mail here yet. and hope dies hard
I got the e-mail on the 16th telling me that I was accepted, but still haven't received the packet in the mail. It would be one twisted (but I must admit, great) joke if someone pranked me and sent me that e-mail on Monday, and it turns out that I didn't get in after all!
Hahah...what? Waitlisted? Holy ****! I'm not rejected! WTF? Guess this would explain why west-coasters got rejection letters before me...
Anyway, information! There are 30 people on the NP waitlist and 25 on the HST waitlist. It's unranked. They expect to make offers to waitlisters between the end of May and mid-June.
Feel free to ask any other questions about it; I'll let you know if I can answer them.
How and when did you hear??
Congrats, soon I hope
I got the e-mail on the 16th telling me that I was accepted, but still haven't received the packet in the mail. It would be one twisted (but I must admit, great) joke if someone pranked me and sent me that e-mail on Monday, and it turns out that I didn't get in after all!
if you are really that paranoid you can try logging into to the finaid website. it's up.
I got the e-mail on the 16th telling me that I was accepted, but still haven't received the packet in the mail. It would be one twisted (but I must admit, great) joke if someone pranked me and sent me that e-mail on Monday, and it turns out that I didn't get in after all!
The acceptance email asked us to reply acknowledging that we received the email. Do that and you'll get confirmation.
Waitlist notification was by snail mail. Postmarked March 18th, received yesterday.
Ditto for the rejection notification.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone kno what the hms deferral policy is for those who get in on the waitlist? someone said a while ago that they dont let people defer who are from the waitlist. is that true?
Yes.
k thanks tiamat...good luck to you. i havent receieved anything but i assume the waitlist pack says that you cant be on the waitlist if you are going to defer? thx again.
Yeah, that's how I found out.
Good luck to you too! 🙂
Have only a few people received decision letters from Harvard? I haven't heard yet...
Should I be happy I haven't received a letter yet (implying that I could possibly be on the waitlist)? I am on the west coast, specifically LA county.
Should I be happy I haven't received a letter yet (implying that I could possibly be on the waitlist)? I am on the west coast, specifically LA county.
Both rejections and waitlist letters have been received by people on SDN, I think?
Both rejections and waitlist letters have been received by people on SDN, I think?
I got my rejection letter just on Friday in Baltimore.
Yep, got my waitlist letter.
Now what am I supposed to do?!?!
Now what am I supposed to do?!?!
Yep, got my waitlist letter.
Now what am I supposed to do?!?!
I believe you're supposed to wait... Juuuust kidding. good luck!
Haha...touche
I am hecka late on this thread.... saw some heated discussions up there regarding language used on internet forums.... cray cray 2 da max (yes, do you actually think I use this language in real life?)
"code switching"... is that something people aren't familiar with? You better start reading up on that, since it will come in handy.... your patient population will be as diverse as the peeps up in this web 2.0 site (now what? what is that? web 2.0? that is crazy talk!).
oh yes, I got that sweet, unreal email March 16th from HMS (NP). Thass wassup!
"code switching"... is that something people aren't familiar with? You better start reading up on that, since it will come in handy.... your patient population will be as diverse as the peeps up in this web 2.0 site (now what? what is that? web 2.0? that is crazy talk!).
oh yes, I got that sweet, unreal email March 16th from HMS (NP). Thass wassup!
Sooooo....anyone get off that waitlist yet?
I doubt it would move until post May 15th. No one would drop an HMS acceptance way before they had to without serious consideration and Fin Aid info. But get WL at HMS actually isn't such a bad thing because they reject majority of interviewees who they are not serious about accepting, unlike most others that WL everyone not accepted basically.
for you!
for you! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
Congrats to those accepted! I'm an HMS'er graduating in a month and it feels like time has flown by. I just wanted to post to let people know I'd be happy to answer any questions via PM about what it has been like to go there (I'm staying at HMS for residency). I also have a lot of books useful for the first two years and would be happy to sell them to people currently living in the boston area (PM me for a list). I also am leaving my apartment on June 1st to buy a condo and my lovely roommate and her cat are staying. If anyone is interested in moving early (ie June 1st) and wants to live a 10 minute walk from campus in a great apartment with parking for essentially the same price as vandy, do get in touch.
Congrats again and to those on the waitlist- I do know classmates of mine that got in off the waitlist so there is some movement usually.
Congrats to those accepted! I'm an HMS'er graduating in a month and it feels like time has flown by. I just wanted to post to let people know I'd be happy to answer any questions via PM about what it has been like to go there (I'm staying at HMS for residency). I also have a lot of books useful for the first two years and would be happy to sell them to people currently living in the boston area (PM me for a list). I also am leaving my apartment on June 1st to buy a condo and my lovely roommate and her cat are staying. If anyone is interested in moving early (ie June 1st) and wants to live a 10 minute walk from campus in a great apartment with parking for essentially the same price as vandy, do get in touch.
Congrats again and to those on the waitlist- I do know classmates of mine that got in off the waitlist so there is some movement usually.
looks like there's some waitlist movement, i got off the np waitlist yesterday and now am trying to decide between hst and np. good luck to those of you waiting to hear good news!!
how did you find out?
e-mail and phone call
I just got in off the NP waitlist today. By phone call, totally unreal! What an amazing and humbling blessing this is. God is great.
From being surefire set on Yale to once again 50/50 uncertainty.
congrats man, hope to see you in the fall 🙂
Hey everyone, I will be working at harvard med school in the fall starting 9/1!! I'm taking time off for a couple of years before reapplying to med schools or considering other career paths.
I just got this job offer (research assistant in a lab at the med school) not too long ago and I'm still scrounging for housing. I'm wondering if there are any students still looking for housing and/or are still looking to fill up 1 more bedroom in their places. Or if you have any tips in general... I was looking at studios initially but they just cost so much 🙁
Please PM me!!
PS: I'm a female looking to live with other females...
I just got this job offer (research assistant in a lab at the med school) not too long ago and I'm still scrounging for housing. I'm wondering if there are any students still looking for housing and/or are still looking to fill up 1 more bedroom in their places. Or if you have any tips in general... I was looking at studios initially but they just cost so much 🙁
Please PM me!!
PS: I'm a female looking to live with other females...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K