You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Harvard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
randomhumanapplying2022
Full Member
Below the email signatures there's a list of FAQs!Where does it say this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildflowerMcGee
Full Member
There's the R for me. Best of luck to everyone!
Post-II R. Seems like it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck!
Congrats! What time was your A?AAAAAHHHHHHHH ACCCCEPPTED TO PATHWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in public and had a full blown meltdown!!! I kept making squeaking and sobbing noises and all the strangers who passed me must have thought I was certifiably deranged.
NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS EXPECTED THIS. I CAN LIVE OUT MY ELLE WOODS DREAMS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🥳🥳🥳🥳there is not even an emoji that exists that quite captures my joy.
Congratulations to everyone else! This thread has been hilarious and has made the journey that much better.
HelloThere_
Full Member
Huge congratulations to all who have been accepted, and my heart goes out to all those with WL/R. <3 Has anyone else straight up not heard anything yet?
11:01 ESTCongrats! What time was your A?
I have not. Assuming an R
HelloThere_
Full Member
Nevermind, rejected - it was a good run everyone! Excited to be your colleagues in the future!
Just got the post-II R. good luck everyone- love u guys
Nvm just got it lmao.
Juicy Post-II R. Mayo here I come bby.
Post-II R and we done Thiccy Out!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Racking up A’s like freaking Thanos11:01 EST
dr.socrates
Full Member
R sad but God is still good and has blessed me so much this season! Good luck to everyone!
easysqueezy
Full Member
Rejected 10 min ago. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and hope all WLers get off the list/find their fit/dream school. To everyone who's got acceptances, you will be outstanding doctors regardless! Your interviewing at HMS is just one example of this. Those without acceptances, hold out hope! Waitlists have much movement later when all the Cristina Yangs end up matriculating to one school eventually. Thos with straight silence, still hold out hope and remain strong. It's been a long cycle and even those who are successful now at the school of their dreams felt the same anxiety months prior. Hang in there everyone and manifesting the best for everyone! Peaces.
(Responding to my comment about post-interview feelings)I was immensely grateful to receive an ii, but I think I may have come across underprepared as it was my first interview of the cycle and I had been managing some personal life stressors at the time. There were 2-3 questions in my first faculty interview that I definitely could have answered better, and I wish I had approached differently because in hindsight, they were the perfect opportunities to set myself apart. Overall, both my interviewers were so lovely and it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to have gotten to this stage (and a confidence boost!), but I can't help but feel like I fumbled the bag for my dream school. Just finding ways to kill time before decision day, though I can't say I am too hopeful.
Pathways R at 12:11 EST (did not apply HST or MSTP), Canadian. Still grateful to have interviewed and met so many wonderful students and applicants!
also Wordle 4/6:
🟩🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sign in with Apple
Full Member
you killed it this cycle man congratsR sad but God is still good and has blessed me so much this season! Good luck to everyone!
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
so can anyone answer me this: I saw that the Reach scholarship is need-based. Is there other need-based aid? If I get off the WL and my FAFSA and CSS EFC is basically zero, will I get full aid or no?
Ear_BS
Full Member
What about the people with waitlists at HMS. Aren't the Cristina Yang's matriculating there? :/Rejected 10 min ago. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and hope all WLers get off the list/find their fit/dream school. To everyone who's got acceptances, you will be outstanding doctors regardless! Your interviewing at HMS is just one example of this. Those without acceptances, hold out hope! Waitlists have much movement later when all the Cristina Yangs end up matriculating to one school eventually. Thos with straight silence, still hold out hope and remain strong. It's been a long cycle and even those who are successful now at the school of their dreams felt the same anxiety months prior. Hang in there everyone and manifesting the best for everyone! Peaces.
Edit: Sorry for the pessimism, I'll be hopeful! 👁👅👁
capybarazzz
Full Member
Post-II R. congrats to everyone! y'all are gonna be great doctors 🙂
easysqueezy
Full Member
You would be surprised. People do turn down Harvard. Location, money, relationships, etc. Prestige and research funding is not always the only factor people consider. Cristina Yangs are everywhere. From your local state school to Harvard. When you look through crimson-colored glasses, you might miss something great elsewhere. Anyways, gl to everyone! As corny as it sounds, you WILL end up where you are meant to be. Periodt.What about the people with waitlists at HMS. Aren't the Cristina Yang's matriculating there? :/
Edit: Sorry for the pessimism, I'll be hopeful! 👁👅👁
MotorLover
Full Member
you killed it this cycle man congrats, Moto + *ummyman + Boltman would be proud.AAAAAHHHHHHHH ACCCCEPPTED TO PATHWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in public and had a full blown meltdown!!! I kept making squeaking and sobbing noises and all the strangers who passed me must have thought I was certifiably deranged.
NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS EXPECTED THIS. I CAN LIVE OUT MY ELLE WOODS DREAMS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🥳🥳🥳🥳there is not even an emoji that exists that quite captures my joy.
Congratulations to everyone else! This thread has been hilarious and has made the journey that much better.
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AggravatingToe
Full Member
Pre-II A. I mean R. lol
Officially a Harvard reject 😌
AggravatingToe
Full Member
how will you recover? congrats on your cycle btwOfficially a Harvard reject 😌
D
deleted1130343
Just got the receipt for my 100$ donation last July!
This was the nicest Pre-II rejection letter I’ve ever received. I was so ready to be in my petty feelings. Well played Harvard. Well. Played. 😮💨
FutureMD2.0
Full Member
Did they send the wrong rejection letter to pre II R? Mine said “thanks for meeting with us virtually,” but I never received an interview
I got that, too. Maybe they mean our virtual visit to their application portal 🧐Did they send the wrong rejection letter to pre II R? Mine said “thanks for meeting with us virtually,” but I never received an interview
beepbeep1999
Full Member
Pre-II R - can finally unwatch this thread! Congrats to all those accepted!! Selfishly hoping that y’all decide to go to Harvard so I can get off the WL at all these other schools lol
Pathways A and HST WL @ 11 EST, I can't believe it 😭😭
CARSmakesmecry
Full Member
LATE TO THIS BUT GOT THE PATHWAYS A!!!! BEEN A LIFELONG DREAM OF MINE I CANT BELIEVE IT!
Dang, the birds in this thread have been 100% accurate.A little birdie told me HMS hates papers published in C/N/S in the period between Feb 8 and March 3 and would throw your app out if you sent it in an update post-interview. Might want to hold off for now.... 😊😊😊
Officially tuning out (probably) - it's been real y'all. Definitely had the most fun in this thread. Maybe there will be WL movement and I'll join y'all next year but prob not
I know a few people are waiting on other schools, but for me, Harvard was fortunately the last decision. so glad to finally be free. No more SDN scrolling to see when decisions come out, no more nervously refreshing email. It's all over. It feels like the last day of school before summer and we've made it to the other side. The ball is in our court now and we decide where, and IF (lol), we go.
Hope y'all end up at a program you love. Cheers
I know a few people are waiting on other schools, but for me, Harvard was fortunately the last decision. so glad to finally be free. No more SDN scrolling to see when decisions come out, no more nervously refreshing email. It's all over. It feels like the last day of school before summer and we've made it to the other side. The ball is in our court now and we decide where, and IF (lol), we go.
Hope y'all end up at a program you love. Cheers
CARSmakesmecry
Full Member
lmao it was prophesied....Dang, the birds in this thread have been 100% accurate.
But congrats on such a successful cycle! I hope we cross paths soon <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same, I don't think Harvard updates the portal with decisions, it seems likeDoes anyone not see any changes to their portal after decision release?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Officially received the Pre-II R lol. But probably the nicest rejection email I’ve ever gotten. Incredibly proud of all of you that got accepted (and as @beepbeep1999 said) grab those A’s so we can get off T10 waitlists 😂😂
Does anyone not see any changes to their portal after decision release?
There's a line at the bottom of the acceptance emails, "NOTE: The HMS Online Application will not be available for a few days." I expect they'll be updated sometime next week, along with CYMS.Yeah same, I don't think Harvard updates the portal with decisions, it seems like
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Any waitlisters also feel immense anxiety that you have nothing significant to update them with but feel like everyone else is sending an update letter lol
I feel that. Is it consensus that for Harvard you just send updates/interest if on the WL and not a Letter of Intent?Any waitlisters also feel immense anxiety that you have nothing significant to update them with but feel like everyone else is sending an update letter lol