2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the post-ii R :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Post interview R. Disappointed but not shocked, still so thrilled to have been considered at all. Good luck everyone! Waiting neurotically on this thread with y'all was fun ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AAAAAHHHHHHHH ACCCCEPPTED TO PATHWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in public and had a full blown meltdown!!! I kept making squeaking and sobbing noises and all the strangers who passed me must have thought I was certifiably deranged.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS EXPECTED THIS. I CAN LIVE OUT MY ELLE WOODS DREAMS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🥳🥳🥳🥳there is not even an emoji that exists that quite captures my joy.

Congratulations to everyone else! This thread has been hilarious and has made the journey that much better.
Congrats! What time was your A?

Huge congratulations to all who have been accepted, and my heart goes out to all those with WL/R. <3 Has anyone else straight up not heard anything yet?

Nevermind, rejected - it was a good run everyone! Excited to be your colleagues in the future!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the post-II R. good luck everyone- love u guys

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
R sad but God is still good and has blessed me so much this season! Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Rejected 10 min ago. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and hope all WLers get off the list/find their fit/dream school. To everyone who's got acceptances, you will be outstanding doctors regardless! Your interviewing at HMS is just one example of this. Those without acceptances, hold out hope! Waitlists have much movement later when all the Cristina Yangs end up matriculating to one school eventually. Thos with straight silence, still hold out hope and remain strong. It's been a long cycle and even those who are successful now at the school of their dreams felt the same anxiety months prior. Hang in there everyone and manifesting the best for everyone! Peaces.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I was immensely grateful to receive an ii, but I think I may have come across underprepared as it was my first interview of the cycle and I had been managing some personal life stressors at the time. There were 2-3 questions in my first faculty interview that I definitely could have answered better, and I wish I had approached differently because in hindsight, they were the perfect opportunities to set myself apart. Overall, both my interviewers were so lovely and it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to have gotten to this stage (and a confidence boost!), but I can't help but feel like I fumbled the bag for my dream school. Just finding ways to kill time before decision day, though I can't say I am too hopeful.
(Responding to my comment about post-interview feelings)

Pathways R at 12:11 EST (did not apply HST or MSTP), Canadian. Still grateful to have interviewed and met so many wonderful students and applicants!

also Wordle 4/6:
🟩🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Care
Post-II Pathways R (MSTP R a while ago, withdrew HST). Peace outttttttt

• Care
so can anyone answer me this: I saw that the Reach scholarship is need-based. Is there other need-based aid? If I get off the WL and my FAFSA and CSS EFC is basically zero, will I get full aid or no?

Rejected 10 min ago. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and hope all WLers get off the list/find their fit/dream school. To everyone who's got acceptances, you will be outstanding doctors regardless! Your interviewing at HMS is just one example of this. Those without acceptances, hold out hope! Waitlists have much movement later when all the Cristina Yangs end up matriculating to one school eventually. Thos with straight silence, still hold out hope and remain strong. It's been a long cycle and even those who are successful now at the school of their dreams felt the same anxiety months prior. Hang in there everyone and manifesting the best for everyone! Peaces.
What about the people with waitlists at HMS. Aren't the Cristina Yang's matriculating there? :/

Edit: Sorry for the pessimism, I'll be hopeful! 👁👅👁

Post-II R. congrats to everyone! y'all are gonna be great doctors :)

• Care
What about the people with waitlists at HMS. Aren't the Cristina Yang's matriculating there? :/

Edit: Sorry for the pessimism, I'll be hopeful! 👁👅👁
You would be surprised. People do turn down Harvard. Location, money, relationships, etc. Prestige and research funding is not always the only factor people consider. Cristina Yangs are everywhere. From your local state school to Harvard. When you look through crimson-colored glasses, you might miss something great elsewhere. Anyways, gl to everyone! As corny as it sounds, you WILL end up where you are meant to be. Periodt.

• Care
Accepted to Pathways- got email at 11 AM exactly, LM 69!! Just want to let people know anything is possible :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Post II R as well earlier! Too cool to even interview. So stoked for all the A's, congrats guys!!!!

• Care
Rejected from MSTP at 12:10 PM EST! I was honored enough to interview. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!!

• Care
AAAAAHHHHHHHH ACCCCEPPTED TO PATHWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in public and had a full blown meltdown!!! I kept making squeaking and sobbing noises and all the strangers who passed me must have thought I was certifiably deranged.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS EXPECTED THIS. I CAN LIVE OUT MY ELLE WOODS DREAMS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🥳🥳🥳🥳there is not even an emoji that exists that quite captures my joy.

Congratulations to everyone else! This thread has been hilarious and has made the journey that much better.
you killed it this cycle man congrats, Moto + *ummyman + Boltman would be proud.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Pre interview rejection

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just got the receipt for my 100$ donation last July!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
This was the nicest Pre-II rejection letter I’ve ever received. I was so ready to be in my petty feelings. Well played Harvard. Well. Played. 😮‍💨

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did they send the wrong rejection letter to pre II R? Mine said “thanks for meeting with us virtually,” but I never received an interview

Did they send the wrong rejection letter to pre II R? Mine said “thanks for meeting with us virtually,” but I never received an interview
I got that, too. Maybe they mean our virtual visit to their application portal 🧐

• Haha
Pre-II R - can finally unwatch this thread! Congrats to all those accepted!! Selfishly hoping that y’all decide to go to Harvard so I can get off the WL at all these other schools lol

• Care
Pathways A and HST WL @ 11 EST, I can't believe it 😭😭

• Love
LATE TO THIS BUT GOT THE PATHWAYS A!!!! BEEN A LIFELONG DREAM OF MINE I CANT BELIEVE IT!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Officially tuning out (probably) - it's been real y'all. Definitely had the most fun in this thread. Maybe there will be WL movement and I'll join y'all next year but prob not

I know a few people are waiting on other schools, but for me, Harvard was fortunately the last decision. so glad to finally be free. No more SDN scrolling to see when decisions come out, no more nervously refreshing email. It's all over. It feels like the last day of school before summer and we've made it to the other side. The ball is in our court now and we decide where, and IF (lol), we go.

Hope y'all end up at a program you love. Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone not see any changes to their portal after decision release?

Reactions: 1 users
Officially received the Pre-II R lol. But probably the nicest rejection email I’ve ever gotten. Incredibly proud of all of you that got accepted (and as @beepbeep1999 said) grab those A’s so we can get off T10 waitlists 😂😂

• Care
Does anyone not see any changes to their portal after decision release?

Yeah same, I don't think Harvard updates the portal with decisions, it seems like
There's a line at the bottom of the acceptance emails, "NOTE: The HMS Online Application will not be available for a few days." I expect they'll be updated sometime next week, along with CYMS.

Any waitlisters also feel immense anxiety that you have nothing significant to update them with but feel like everyone else is sending an update letter lol

Reactions: 1 users