2008-2009 UCSF Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ******* called in sick today (fevah!) so my coworker called to tell me that someone hand-delivered my packet to my cubicle.

:( I wasn't there, but confirmed I'm accepted (I had them open it and scan a .pdf of the letter).

Received 2ndary app: 10.23.08
Interviewed: 02.05.09
Accepted: 03.26.09

I feel mad stoked.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I just created a facebook group for the c/o 2013 (I know its early, but I thought it would be fun).

I hope I get this link right, but if not, I apologize. I'm sort of a newbie to facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=8b210615b5661944d3f042a1ea1493f3&gid=86226316000

Oh, and if you have an acceptance, but you're not 100% sure yet, it would still be cool for you to join and connect with your potential classmates. Maybe you will be persuaded???

Anyway, just wanted to liven things up a bit!

Hi! I submitted a request to join the group. My avatar on SDN is the same as my picture on FB! Thanks so much!

My ******* called in sick today (fevah!) so my coworker called to tell me that someone hand-delivered my packet to my cubicle.

:( I wasn't there, but confirmed I'm accepted (I had them open it and scan a .pdf of the letter).

I feel mad stoked.
Congrats! Looks like the acceptances must have gone out on Wednesday rather than yesterday.

Let's hope more of us on here get some good news this weekend or early next week!

Members don't see this ad :)

I feel mad stoked.

Has your status page changed online?

My status page didn't change until about 2 weeks after I received my letter.

Just checked mail, and nothing there. Assuming I was accepted (big assumption), I should have received something today if they did in fact send out letters yesterday. I live in the bay area. The fact that guacamolito already heard makes me less optimistic. It could be that they mailed some letters out today though. That's what I'm hoping for.

Cellar Door-- I heard because I work in the same building, downstairs from where the UCSF School of Medicine is. I figured they didn't want to waste postage, so they just took it to our office. If they mailed it out yesterday, you should get it today/tomorrow... or even Monday.

Just checked mail, and nothing there. Assuming I was accepted (big assumption), I should have received something today if they did in fact send out letters yesterday. I live in the bay area. The fact that guacamolito already heard makes me less optimistic. It could be that they mailed some letters out today though. That's what I'm hoping for.

When did you interview? Letters can take a while sometimes.

Any guesses on how long a letter takes to get from SF to LA? 2-3 days?

Last edited:
ACCEPTANCE!!! I am soooo happy right now!!!!Secondary rec'd: 11/14Secondary complete: 11/25Interview invite: 01/06Interview: 02/10Accepted!!!!!!: 3/27!!!!!!I live in the Bay Area...

ACCEPTANCE!!! I am soooo happy right now!!!!Secondary rec'd: 11/14Secondary complete: 11/25Interview invite: 01/06Interview: 02/10Accepted!!!!!!: 3/27!!!!!!I live in the Bay Area...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :):):) I'm hoping to get some good news tomorrow or Monday.

Yay! Congratulations!!! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the newly accepted folks. As I said earlier in the thread, acceptance letters are sent via USPS first class and should take 1-2 days to get to just about anywhere in the States.

Congrats to the newly accepted folks. As I said earlier in the thread, acceptance letters are sent via USPS first class and should take 1-2 days to get to just about anywhere in the States.

So what you're saying is if I don't get something tomorrow I'm screwed? :laugh: Now I'm really nervous. I interviewed at the end of January so I'm really hoping to hear something tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone accepted!!! Anyone OOS accepted this round?

My status shows that my letter has been sent, but I haven't gotten anything so far. I'm in SoCal as well.

Has ANYBODY gotten a rejection or waitlist in the past few days?

My heart is racing!!

YEAH!!! Just got the envelope at my parent's place in south Texas! :D Can't stop smiling right now!!!

Congratulations to everyone else on here who's been accepted, and only the best to those still waiting! It's been a hectic admissions cycle, but I'm finally done with the waiting! Now...time to decide...

EDIT: for those still waiting, there's been no update on my status page. My info:

AMCAS received 9/28
Secondary req'd 11/19
Secondary received 12/1
Secondary complete 12/12
Interview invite 1/9
Interview 2/12
Accepted 3/30

I feel like they really haven't given out that many acceptances yet.. based on the posts here.. do yall think there is a big batch come the end of april?

ahhh, got the package today on the east coast. wow didn't think i'd be able to land ucsf! so excitedddd, now the tough decisions

cross posting this in case some people don't read the "class of" thread...

Does anyone know what time the UCSF 2nd look weekend starts/ends? I'm trying to book my plane tickets but I don't want to miss stuff during the weekend, and can't find the schedule online. I'll try calling tomorrow but I thought perhaps someone here might know. Thanks!

Check-in will begin May 2, 2009, at approximately 8:30 a.m. The UCSF program runs until about 3:00 p.m. and then the first year students have activities planned from 3-5 p.m. Also, Accepted students can sign up to join UCSF medical students for dinners either at someone’s home or at a restaurant. There will be different activities and dinners from which to choose.
Sunday is informal and in the past the students have planned a brunch and house tour for incoming students. I don’t know if that will take place this year but something along those lines to will take place. The activities on Sunday usually end about 1:00 pm

wooohoo! If I see you guys at 2nd look weekend, I have a crapload of good-eats-suggestions from around the area.

thanks guys! off to buy my tix :)

I called the admissions office, and apparently my file wasn't reviewed at the last adcom meeting. I interviewed 2/3/09. Does this mean that one of my interviewers couldn't make it to the meeting? I wonder if it means they couldn't come to a decision? This is a HUGE bummer! I can't bear to wait any longer.

I called the admissions office, and apparently my file wasn't reviewed at the last adcom meeting. I interviewed 2/3/09. Does this mean that one of my interviewers couldn't make it to the meeting? I wonder if it means they couldn't come to a decision? This is a HUGE bummer! I can't bear to wait any longer.

I was told during my interview day that the files may not be reviewed the next meeting if the interviewer did not finish writing up the report or just can't make the meeting. I am assuming that was probably what happened to your file. I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you! :luck:

UCSF is hands-down the best medical school in the world. Looking forward to seeing ya'll at ASW!

I think its part of SDN's april fools prank. I'm a little confused by it myself.
LOL I guess it was a prank. :D

Anybody know when I should expect to hear from UCSF after being put on HPL? The letter said late April... but I did see some acceptances off from HPL on this thread?

Has anybody that interviewed at the end of February (mine was the 24th) heard anything? Does anybody that interviewed at the end of February recall what was said about adcom meetings at the beginning of April? I'm getting antsy.

I interviewed in mid February and I thought that at the interview day we were told our apps would be reviewed in March, which evidently did not happen for my app. I am also anxious to know what the decision will be as UCSF is both the place I really want to go to and the last school to get back to me.

After being put on HPL for few weeks now (letter dated March 19th), my status changed to:

"Correspondence has been mailed to you regarding your application to the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. If you have not received it, you may call the Admissions Office. Please note that we are unable to discuss status information over the phone."

I don't know if this is a slow response to my HPL or a final decision, but I thought I'd share it with you guys... :xf: I am definitely checking my mail every single day from now on... :laugh:

After being put on HPL for few weeks now (letter dated March 19th), my status changed to:

"Correspondence has been mailed to you regarding your application to the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. If you have not received it, you may call the Admissions Office. Please note that we are unable to discuss status information over the phone."

I don't know if this is a slow response to my HPL or a final decision, but I thought I'd share it with you guys... :xf: I am definitely checking my mail every single day from now on... :laugh:

yeah...but in the letter it said they would be sending more correspondence in late april

gahhhhhhhhhh SNOW!!!! you just got me all nervous!!! Time to send update letter

You're right, riceman. I just freaked out after seeing the status change. :laugh: It's probably just a late update on my HPL letter.

You're right, riceman. I just freaked out after seeing the status change. :laugh: It's probably just a late update on my HPL letter.

:laugh: It's cool...but it did make me go to the website...Please tell me why I am praying and wishing the hardest in my life to be accepted to this school. I getting all googly-eyed over housing...housing?

I need to sleep now and I can't!

best of luck to you Snow....hopefully we both get in eventually! Just be as proactive as possible.

I'm on the east coast so I must find a way to get to sleep.

cya man!

you guys should kiss.........ok, just kidding, it's nice to see some enthusiasm and goodwill on this damn board.......but you should at least hold hands.

I interviewed early February and the dean told us we would hear back late March. Later I was told it would be early April, I called today and they said late April. So, I expect to hear back sometime next decade. For all of you waiting like me, it seems like it will be a while.

do you think the remaining decisions will be sent out in two batches like they have been in previous months?

apparently the PRIME-US selection committee meets on April 29th, so I assume that the final acceptances (pre-waitlist) have to be decided by then..

(i interviewed in november -prime applicant-, HP letter in january, and i'm slightly foaming at the mouth over this decision.... meaning i just joined sdn to post for the first time!)

good luck everyone!

do you think the remaining decisions will be sent out in two batches like they have been in previous months?

apparently the PRIME-US selection committee meets on April 29th, so I assume that the final acceptances (pre-waitlist) have to be decided by then..

(i interviewed in november -prime applicant-, HP letter in january, and i'm slightly foaming at the mouth over this decision.... meaning i just joined sdn to post for the first time!)

good luck everyone!
where did u get this april 29th date from? i wish they would tell us about PRIME and fin aid already!

on friday (4/10), i got a "prime-us update" email from beth wilson that said that i had made it to the "final selection process" and that the committee meets to make final decision on 4/29. not that it matters for me really, because i haven't actually gotten into the school! (yet, hopefully!)
i have no idea how many people got the email, or what "final selection process" means though, so i wouldn't read into it a ton!
hope that made sense. i have a serious case of the mondays today.

on friday (4/10), i got a "prime-us update" email from beth wilson that said that i had made it to the "final selection process" and that the committee meets to make final decision on 4/29. not that it matters for me really, because i haven't actually gotten into the school! (yet, hopefully!)
i have no idea how many people got the email, or what "final selection process" means though, so i wouldn't read into it a ton!
hope that made sense. i have a serious case of the mondays today.

do you suppose that "final selection process" might suggest that your odds are pretty good? why else would they take your app that far unless they thought that there was a pretty good chance of your being admitted...otherwise, it'd kind of be a waste of time wouldn't it?

do you suppose that "final selection process" might suggest that your odds are pretty good? why else would they take your app that far unless they thought that there was a pretty good chance of your being admitted...otherwise, it'd kind of be a waste of time wouldn't it?

thanks for the optimism, htown! appreciated. but meh, i don't trust odds in this process..

are you prime or hp waiting to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.