You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
no, its more like the people on sdn who got interviews all are in the top 5% of all applicants becuase of their gpa and mcat. im sure rejections are sent out, just no one has said it. Not to mention people are more likely to post success not failure😉. Also whoever said hopefully my 3.74 doesnt hurt me, you need help haha 😛the fact that no one so far has been rejected makes me think they sent out all the interview invites but maybe not the rejections yet? I dunno
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no, its more like the people on sdn who got interviews all are in the top 5% of all applicants becuase of their gpa and mcat. im sure rejections are sent out, just no one has said it. Not to mention people are more likely to post success not failure😉. Also whoever said hopefully my 3.74 doesnt hurt me, you need help haha 😛
Yeah, I was about to mention the fact that no one will post a rejection this early. Maybe once the first person to post a rejection breaks the ice, we'll have floods of rejected Vandy hopefuls posting their woes here. They can't just send the good news now. If I get rejected, I will post and not be a baby. Plus SDNers are awesome statistically and will have a higher interview %age than overall applicant pool, like you said.
Yeah, I was about to mention the fact that no one will post a rejection this early. Maybe once the first person to post a rejection breaks the ice, we'll have floods of rejected Vandy hopefuls posting their woes here. They can't just send the good news now. If I get rejected, I will post and not be a baby. Plus SDNers are awesome statistically and will have a higher interview %age than overall applicant pool, like you said.
Are rejections sent via snail mail, too?
Man, that sucks if so...get all excited over a letter...
To anybody who got the invite - size of letter, etc, please?
Ahh I swear i wasnt like this until I came to SDN, where it seems like everyone and their mother has a 4.0!
Anyways, I live in one of the states that border TN so thats probably thats why I got it a little earlier. Good luck to everyone, Vandy is a very special place 😉
Anyways, I live in one of the states that border TN so thats probably thats why I got it a little earlier. Good luck to everyone, Vandy is a very special place 😉
I got an interview. Yay! 
Everything is sent via snail mail. The invite is one piece of paper, so I doubt size will help much in figuring it out.

Are rejections sent via snail mail, too?
Man, that sucks if so...get all excited over a letter...
To anybody who got the invite - size of letter, etc, please?
Everything is sent via snail mail. The invite is one piece of paper, so I doubt size will help much in figuring it out.
the rejection and interview letter are the same size and everythingAre rejections sent via snail mail, too?
Man, that sucks if so...get all excited over a letter...
To anybody who got the invite - size of letter, etc, please?
Heard from my parents that I got an invite today! 🙂 (permanent address is different).
Anyway, I'm really excited for this coz I wrote an autobiography for UCSD (1277 words). Whew! Now the other two essays are pretty easy.
Stats: 99-99.9 percentiles for GPA and MCAT.
Anyway, I'm really excited for this coz I wrote an autobiography for UCSD (1277 words). Whew! Now the other two essays are pretty easy.
Stats: 99-99.9 percentiles for GPA and MCAT.
Yea, mine was 1270, but I have to cut stuff out because my autobiography also answers the other two essays. Actually, the diversity stuff is also talked about in my autobiography...and it's the product of the greatest challenge I've ever faced. Damn. I have to retool all of my essays to make sure I'm not repeating stuff.Anyway, I'm really excited for this coz I wrote an autobiography for UCSD (1277 words). Whew! Now the other two essays are pretty easy.
Well according to my roommate I have a Vanderbilt letter waiting for me. I'm goin back to school on wednesday for my 21st, could be a really good day. So I'm really hopin some of you are right about there being no rejections yet.
You aren't gonna open it until the 21st?!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well according to my roommate I have a Vanderbilt letter waiting for me. I'm goin back to school on wednesday for my 21st, could be a really good day. So I'm really hopin some of you are right about there being no rejections yet.
how can you possibly wait that long to know?! aren't you the least but curious?😱
I got an interview. Yay!
Everything is sent via snail mail. The invite is one piece of paper, so I doubt size will help much in figuring it out.
Congrats!
We had a feeling you might. 😉
how can you possibly wait that long to know?! aren't you the least but curious?😱
Oh trust me I'm curious, but its only four days. I've got plenty of stuff to distract me until then.
does vanderbilt require that your LORs are in to get an interview? i know they dont read them until you are offered an interview, but the email they sent seemed to imply that they had to be in.
They just need to be in before your interview.
You aren't gonna open it until the 21st?!?
I think he meant until his 21st birthday.
I'm assuming the preferred address since that is the one you said you would 'prefer' to have your mail sent to...does this get sent to your "permanent address" or "preferred address" specified on the AMCAS application?
Wooo congrats Vandy interviewees!!! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck with the autobio!
Apparently my invite came in Friday. Not a bad thing to come home from Australia to!
Yeah I won't be able to check my mail until the 7th. Hopefully there's some good news in it.
Looks like everyone who posted here has an invite. Can't wait until I get my mail! Hoping for some good news my way.
I'm hoping the mail reaches all parts of the country today. I'm ready to hear some good news from you people. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And we're all hoping to be able to give you some!I'm hoping the mail reaches all parts of the country today. I'm ready to hear some good news from you people. 🙂
I'm hoping the mail reaches all parts of the country today. I'm ready to hear some good news from you people. 🙂
And what do you mean by "you people?" 😡
And what do you mean by "you people?" 😡
I was assuming that everyone posting here was human... was that a stupid assumption?
I meant that I already got my good news, and I'm excited for everyone else to get theirs too.
When I went to schedule my interview, I saw that you could schedule one as soon as next week
...I'm not ready for that yet, haha.
...I'm not ready for that yet, haha.I was assuming that everyone posting here was human... was that a stupid assumption?
I meant that I already got my good news, and I'm excited for everyone else to get theirs too.
What do you mean by "get theirs?"
Up-and-comin's?
😡
Just got my mail this morning. Does anyone know what the difference between a morning interview and an afternoon one is? They both start at different times, and yet end at 3:45 PM. What do the afternoon ones have missing?
When I went to schedule my interview, I saw that you could schedule one as soon as next week...I'm not ready for that yet, haha.
Wow.
What do you mean by "get theirs?"
Up-and-comin's?
😡
Sigh.
Just got my mail this morning. Does anyone know what the difference between a morning interview and an afternoon one is? They both start at different times, and yet end at 3:45 PM. What do the afternoon ones have missing?
Morning one has A LOT more down time. Nothing scheduled from lunch until 3. They both have the same things though. And congrats!
you are in cali right? If i remember rightJust got my mail this morning. Does anyone know what the difference between a morning interview and an afternoon one is? They both start at different times, and yet end at 3:45 PM. What do the afternoon ones have missing?
When I went to schedule my interview, I saw that you could schedule one as soon as next week...I'm not ready for that yet, haha.
Are you serious?! That's scary. lol
Just got my mail this morning. Does anyone know what the difference between a morning interview and an afternoon one is? They both start at different times, and yet end at 3:45 PM. What do the afternoon ones have missing?
Congrats!!
I'm waiting for the mail to reach NYC.

Wow.
Sigh.
Morning one has A LOT more down time. Nothing scheduled from lunch until 3. They both have the same things though. And congrats!
Thanks!
you are in cali right? If i remember right
Yes, and I actually believe that I received the letter on Saturday with my mail... I just haven't been at my address to find it until today.
Are you serious?! That's scary. lol
Congrats!!
I'm waiting for the mail to reach NYC.![]()
It'll get there soon!! 🙂
Last edited:
What do you mean, "you people"?!And what do you mean by "you people?" 😡
The dingo take yo baby?
You know that's a true story, lady lost her kid.
I love tom cruise in this movie!!!! 😀What do you mean, "you people"?!
The dingo take yo baby?
You know that's a true story, lady lost her kid.
aww man im in cali too wheres the love🙁Thanks!
Yes, and I actually believe that I received the letter on Saturday with my mail... I just haven't been at my address to find it until today.!
i want to schedule my interview during football season to get a SEC tour. this secondary/interview thing is tricky, I feel like since I got an interview guaranteed I'm less likely to complete the essays asap
i want to schedule my interview during football season to get a SEC tour. this secondary/interview thing is tricky, I feel like since I got an interview guaranteed I'm less likely to complete the essays asap
SEC > all other conferences. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vanderbilt is the red-headed stepchild of SEC athletics. They're the only team in it to never win a conference title and they have the only stadium in the SEC that holds less than 65,000 people. Vanderbilt is a FANTASTIC school academically (by far the best in the SEC), but you definitely won't get the SEC football experience there.
Information according to my girlfriend's dad, who graduated from Vandy way back when 😛
Information according to my girlfriend's dad, who graduated from Vandy way back when 😛
they should be...ill let u know when it comes😛.umm are they sending out rejections right now also?
Vanderbilt is the red-headed stepchild of SEC athletics. They're the only team in it to never win a conference title and they have the only stadium in the SEC that holds less than 65,000 people. Vanderbilt is a FANTASTIC school academically (by far the best in the SEC), but you definitely won't get the SEC football experience there.
Don't people have to dress up to go to football games? or am I mixing that up with some other school
I've never heard about that. I doubt it.Don't people have to dress up to go to football games? or am I mixing that up with some other school
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K