You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Yale University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My email was time stamped 11:05am.bumping my post...is everyone's e-mail time-stamped to 11:07 EST or around there? 🙁
My email was time stamped 11:05am.
oh well, guess theyre done with acceptances now...best to hope for is that theyre doing waitlists by email too at this point
Is that the only wave of acceptance e-mails they are sending out initially? Will everyone else either be waitlisted or rejected?
hope not
hope notyea i got mine at 11:06 EST
considering that 11 people on sdn have been accepted already it looks like acceptances are all out 🙁Is that the only wave of acceptance e-mails they are sending out initially? Will everyone else either be waitlisted or rejected?
hope not
does yale only give one round of acceptance? or do they do it in several?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah mine was 11:06
ditto
anyone from the west coast here? or all from east coast?
anyone from the west coast here? or all from east coast?
im in chicago...my email came at 10:06 central time
anyone from the west coast here? Or all from east coast?
ca
Last edited:
For those who didn't hear, looks like last year they got a letter a few days after the email went out.
Accepted in CT... approximately 10 minutes away from Yale. Just got the email.
Accepted in CT... approximately 10 minutes away from Yale. Just got the email.
you JUST got the email?
never got the email...
congrats to all those who got in!
congrats to all those who got in!
Been on my phone, so couldn't really see who all got in, just that people did.
Congrats everyone!!!
Congrats everyone!!!
Accepted too! Woot! It's been over 6 months since my interview, I'm surprised they remembered me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn. 20 SDNers. That's a fifth of the class!
Damn. 20 SDNers. That's a fifth of the class!
I'd like to hope my email client is slow but it looks like I'm applying again next year. 🙁
I'd like to hope my email client is slow but it looks like I'm applying again next year. 🙁
Don't give up yet. Plus, waitlists exist for a reason.

Don't give up yet. Plus, waitlists exist for a reason.![]()
I guess so but I've got too many waitlists right now and it's really screwing with my plans. I'd been hoping for any acceptance by April 1st for financial reasons.
i interviewed late jan and didn't get an email.. I guess that's an implicit waitlist / rejection.. 🙁
Waitlisted here too (presumably). Unbelievable bad luck -- 4 in a row!
same boat here, this past week has been brutal 🙁
seeing as Yale never really gave me an interview or acknowledged i existed, im guessing i ll be getting a rejection soon...goodjob to those who even got interview offers, and to those who were accepted
same boat here, this past week has been brutal 🙁
I knew my 3.5 GPA would come in handy some day 😀
YAY!! I got the acceptance email today out of nowhere LOL. This is so sweet!! Congrats fellow acceptees and best of luck to everyone else!!
Anyone hear anything today?? And are letters being sent to our home addresses or preferred??
Anyone hear anything today?? And are letters being sent to our home addresses or preferred??
I was told letters (in my case, likely a rejection) are mailed to the preferred address when I called the office.
I was told letters (in my case, likely a rejection) are mailed to the preferred address when I called the office.
I (actually my parents) received my waitlist letter in my permanent address today in CT, so I am assuming everyone should be getting them tomorrow, maybe permanent address?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Although I might be done with my lofty Yale dreams, I do remember reading about Yale accepting a total of 170-200 students in the past to fill their class on occasion. In other words, it might be nearly as likely to get accepted off of the waitlist as it is to be accepted outright, though inconvenient and more stressful. Others may have more precise numbers on this...a few months since the interview have combined to fog my memory.
I thought it was 265 total acceptances last year (it might have been on a handout given on the interview day?), but maybe I just made that up. I'm sure it also varies a lot every year.
I believe you are right. Hopefully there's a little more total acceptances.

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K