Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I interviewed at the end of October, and I haven't heard anything yet either. I emailed the admissions office the other day to inquire about my status. I received a reply saying that my application was under review, but no decision had been made yet.
If patience is a virtue, then I must be morally corrupt!
If patience is a virtue, then I must be morally corrupt!
Last edited:
I interviewed at the end of October, and I haven't heard anything yet either. I emailed the admissions office the other day to inquire about my status. I received a reply saying that my application was under review, but no decision had been made yet.
If patients is a virtue, then I must be morally corrupt!
Insanity!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at the end of October, and I haven't heard anything yet either. I emailed the admissions office the other day to inquire about my status. I received a reply saying that my application was under review, but no decision had been made yet.
If patients is a virtue, then I must be morally corrupt!
i thought u were accepted on 10/17, according to your previous post...
Also, I'm still on the waitlist, and I know of a couple ppl who have gotten off, maybe most of us will get off of it around april/may hopefully
i thought u were accepted on 10/17, according to your previous post...
Also, I'm still on the waitlist, and I know of a couple ppl who have gotten off, maybe most of us will get off of it around april/may hopefully
Sorry about that. I accidentally posted on the wall of the wrong discussion forum. Rookie mistake. Yeah, I did get in, and I'm really pumped about Vandy. Sorry to cause confusion.
I interviewed at the end of October, and I haven't heard anything yet either. I emailed the admissions office the other day to inquire about my status. I received a reply saying that my application was under review, but no decision had been made yet.
If patients is a virtue, then I must be morally corrupt!
I don't know if patients is a virtue, but patience certainly is.
I don't know if patients is a virtue, but patience certainly is.
Oops. My mistake. And, now that I think of it, I don't think that correcting others is a virtue either...
Last edited:
Accepted! Got the call an hour ago. Int 12/9, all the best to those still waiting...
Grats! Hopefully me too sometime soon

Do interviewees go to committee at Vanderbilt strictly in order of interview date?
In other words, if someone who interviewed after me has been accepted, is that necessarily cause for concern?
In other words, if someone who interviewed after me has been accepted, is that necessarily cause for concern?
Do interviewees go to committee at Vanderbilt strictly in order of interview date?
In other words, if someone who interviewed after me has been accepted, is that necessarily cause for concern?
It also depends on when your interviewer finished his/her report on you, so it's not necessarily a cause for concern.
Does anything on the applicant portal change when you hear about your status post-interview (ie: acceptance, waitlist)?
Or is everything just through snail mail?
Or is everything just through snail mail?
Does anything on the applicant portal change when you hear about your status post-interview (ie: acceptance, waitlist)?
Or is everything just through snail mail?
Two things changed if you get accepted: a link that allows you to accept your offer becomes available, and a link that says you agree to release your information for a background check.
Thanks Cole, appreciate it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any news recently????
Yeah there have been massive protests...nah just kidding!😉
Got a snail mail letter today ... end of first paragraph
Is this the standard waitlist letter that everyone is talking about, or is this something else? I thought the way waitlists tended to work were that you would not hear anything else until after May 15.
Is there any realistic chance of actually coming off this waitlist or whatever it is before May 15?
While we are not able to offer you an immediate invitation at this time, we will be reconsidering your application throughout the admissions season. This process should benefit applicants who are not offered immediate invitation because they may not have to wait until May 15th to be reconsidered.
Is this the standard waitlist letter that everyone is talking about, or is this something else? I thought the way waitlists tended to work were that you would not hear anything else until after May 15.
Is there any realistic chance of actually coming off this waitlist or whatever it is before May 15?
Got a snail mail letter today ... end of first paragraph
Is this the standard waitlist letter that everyone is talking about, or is this something else? I thought the way waitlists tended to work were that you would not hear anything else until after May 15.
Is there any realistic chance of actually coming off this waitlist or whatever it is before May 15?
Out of curiosity, when did you interview?
Got a snail mail letter today ... end of first paragraph
Is this the standard waitlist letter that everyone is talking about, or is this something else? I thought the way waitlists tended to work were that you would not hear anything else until after May 15.
Is there any realistic chance of actually coming off this waitlist or whatever it is before May 15?
Out of curiosity, when did you interview?
I got the same letter today. I assume this is the waitlist letter. One person on SDN has been pulled off of the waitlist thus far. Interviewed second week of December.
D
deleted332297
I got the same letter today. I assume this is the waitlist letter. One person on SDN has been pulled off of the waitlist thus far. Interviewed second week of December.
Ditto, just got the letter! I interviewed 12/6.
Scholarship call earlier in the day
and a pretty generous one too!!!!!
Vandy was already my first choice and this just reinforces it.
I did my Hallelujah dance

and a pretty generous one too!!!!!Vandy was already my first choice and this just reinforces it.
I did my Hallelujah dance


Scholarship call earlier in the dayand a pretty generous one too!!!!!
Vandy was already my first choice and this just reinforces it.
I did my Hallelujah dance![]()
Congrats!!! Same here, got the scholarship call this morning 😀
Congrats!!! Same here, got the scholarship call this morning 😀
Wow! That's awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that I might get the same call. Would you two mind sharing your stats?
Cheers!
congrats!!! Same here, got the scholarship call this morning![]()
+1!
3
333926
...
Last edited:
They did say most scholarships will be given out in March, right?
Congrats to all the early ones! So jealous
Congrats to all the early ones! So jealous
Congrats to all who received a scholarship call!
Out of curiosity, were they all 75% tuition scholarships?
Thanks in advance.
Mine was.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all who received a scholarship call!
Out of curiosity, were they all 75% tuition scholarships?
Thanks in advance.
Mine was.
yep, mine too 🙂
Congrats to all who received a scholarship call!
Out of curiosity, were they all 75% tuition scholarships?
Thanks in advance.
yup!
3
333926
...
Last edited:
anyone know anything about second look yet?
whats the deal with bringing significant others?
whats the deal with bringing significant others?
I'm sure you can bring SOs. I doubt they would care.
And other than the date I haven't gotten any other info about SL.
And other than the date I haven't gotten any other info about SL.
Hey guys,
I saw that people are asking about Second Look. I contacted Dr. Sagen earlier this week about it. She told me that an e-mail with all the details will be going out to everyone by the end of this week! 🙂
I saw that people are asking about Second Look. I contacted Dr. Sagen earlier this week about it. She told me that an e-mail with all the details will be going out to everyone by the end of this week! 🙂
anyone know anything about second look yet?
whats the deal with bringing significant others?
One of the fourth years called me the other day and gave me some details. He said current med students will take visitors out on Friday night. There is a semi-formal lunch event on Saturday + some presentations. And there will be a few more activities for Sunday.
i actually got at hat call from a 615 number too, thought it was some scholarship offer at first lol
Just a quick question for anyone has received any sort of decision.
Did the message on the application status link which reads:
ever change? Or does it just stay that way regardless of your file status.
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question!
Did the message on the application status link which reads:
Thank you for submitting your secondary application to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. We are now in the process of reviewing your application materials. You will receive a notification as soon as the review process is completed. It takes about 6-8 weeks from the date of your interview to receive a decision letter.
ever change? Or does it just stay that way regardless of your file status.
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question!
Just a quick question for anyone has received any sort of decision.
Did the message on the application status link which reads:
ever change? Or does it just stay that way regardless of your file status.
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question!
I was accepted and I still have that message. If you get accepted, though, on the status check page there will be a place where it asks you to accept the offer.
Got the call from The Zic earlier today. Accepted! Interviewed on 01/17/2011.
Really? I called Vandy, and they said they were just starting January files maybe this friday if not next. Congrats if thats the case!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I called Vandy, and they said they were just starting January files maybe this friday if not next. Congrats if thats the case!
If there's one thing that's undoubtedly true in medical school admissions, it's that all things are flexible and nothing is definite.
If there's one thing that's undoubtedly true in medical school admissions, it's that all things are flexible and nothing is definite.
Apparently... Sucks for me.
Really? I called Vandy, and they said they were just starting January files maybe this friday if not next. Congrats if thats the case!
Yeah, don't get me wrong I was extremely surprised. I was anticipating hearing back in March, I mean it hasn't even been four whole weeks yet. But when the man calls, the man calls. Good luck to you.
Got the call from The Zic earlier today. Accepted! Interviewed on 01/17/2011.
Wow. I interviewed first week in December and still have not heard anything.......
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K