-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Yale University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the whole snail mail only thing is slightly irritating. I really don't see any advantages of snail mail over email or an online status change.
You get a hard copy with a fancy envelope and letterhead to add to your collection? 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want to go here!! This wait is killing me
+bajillion
just two more days y'all!!!!!! 



March 15th is d-day at so many schools. Hopefully we'll hear some good news!




March 15th is d-day at so many schools. Hopefully we'll hear some good news!
just two more days y'all!!!!!!
March 15th is d-day at so many schools. Hopefully we'll hear some good news!
Yea, hopefully it happens on the 15th.
I'm hoping for tomorrow lol
I'm guessing no dice today. Sigh. I'm just ready for an acceptance this month. 5/5 on waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Anyone got me beat? Didn't think so...
I'm guessing no dice today. Sigh. I'm just ready for an acceptance this month. 5/5 on waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Anyone got me beat? Didn't think so...
: patonback :
I'm guessing no dice today. Sigh. I'm just ready for an acceptance this month. 5/5 on waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Anyone got me beat? Didn't think so...
I think I'm pretty close...try 10/10 on waitlists/continued lists for the past 3 months....although I do have acceptances from earlier
I think I'm pretty close...try 10/10 on waitlists/continued lists for the past 3 months....although I do have acceptances from earlier
Well hey, statistically, you're going to get into at least one of those waitlist schools.
I'm guessing no dice today. Sigh. I'm just ready for an acceptance this month. 5/5 on waitlists in the past 2 weeks. Anyone got me beat? Didn't think so...
I've gotten three waitlists and one rejection. It's been a rough few weeks. Fortunately the beginning of the cycle was much kinder.
ahhhh!! the wait is killing meeeeee
it's probably tomorrow 😵
it's probably tomorrow 😵
ahhhh!! the wait is killing meeeeee
it's probably tomorrow 😵
Nah, it's probably the day after.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahhhh!! the wait is killing meeeeee
it's probably tomorrow 😵
I'm thinking it's tomorrow too.
I just called, and they said that admissions decisions would be mailed via hard copy on March 18th and no earlier. They said no email notification.
Thought I would bump this quote to save you all from some anxiety over the next couple days.
Thought I would bump this quote to save you all from some anxiety over the next couple days.
Yea, but:
Strange...last year, they emailed out acceptances and everyone then got snail mails for official acceptances, WL, or rejections...
Btw, if any of you have questions about Yale, feel free to PM me. I'll be as candid as I can. Best of luck to you all!
Well, I just called (more to irritate them than to get an answer). I was told they would be doing both, emails and snail mail 😱
Thought I would bump this quote to save you all from some anxiety over the next couple days.
I called last week, too...but they told me something else...they told me calls and emails would go out =/
Thought I would bump this quote to save you all from some anxiety over the next couple days.
I read the last couple pgs of Yale threads from 09 and 10, and they said that then also, but they still emailed those accepeted the Thursday prior to mailing of all decisions. The dates were the 11th last year, and 19th in 2009. My guess is this year it will be the same. Emails to those accepted Thursday and all decisions will be mailed Friday.
I read the last couple pgs of Yale threads from 09 and 10, and they said that then also, but they still emailed those accepeted the Thursday prior to mailing of all decisions. The dates were the 11th last year, and 19th in 2009. My guess is this year it will be the same. Emails to those accepted Thursday and all decisions will be mailed Friday.
Solid theory. Time to celebrate Ulcer Thursday!
accepted!
Congrats guys!
No email here, assuming another waitlist.
No email here, assuming another waitlist.
Congrats guys!
No email here, assuming another waitlist.
My email is down. I've had 3 people send me emails and none have come in. What a perfect time for it to go down.
Accepted! Thank God, my waitlist streak has ended 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Does anyone remember if Yale gives merit aid? I remember it was all need-based, am I wrong?
I assume that for schools that give only need-based aid, it's useless to try to negotiate financial aid packages? Does anyone have any advice on this?
All of their aid is need based. You can try and negotiate, but IMO it's futile. There will be plenty of people lined up behind you to go and pay full price if you're not willing to do so.
accepted! waitlist streak ended as well.
All of their aid is need based. You can try and negotiate, but IMO it's futile. There will be plenty of people lined up behind you to go and pay full price if you're not willing to do so.
I remember being told at at least one school that you can always ask for more need based aid if you have good reasons...especially since some need is met by "scholarships" or grants that are funded by the school....not federally.
That being said... I'm only speculating
Also... Accepted!
All of their aid is need based. You can try and negotiate, but IMO it's futile. There will be plenty of people lined up behind you to go and pay full price if you're not willing to do so.
Same I guess. Seems like one wave.
Same I guess. Seems like one wave.
Same here. March is a tough month!

Congratulations to all those who got in!!!!
accepted!!!!!! feels amazing!!!
the email came at 1:06PM.
also, just for future applicants: I'm a Canadian applicant (and my friend, who's also a Canadian applicant, got in as well).
Accepted!! And Canadian as well!!! This is amazing!!!!
congrats, everyone! no e-mail here...does this mean rejection? 🙁
Congratulations to those of you who were accepted today! I remember the ecstatic feeling well 😀
Yale definitely uses its waitlist, so for those of you feeling disappointed today, keep your chins up! Some of you will be in New Haven come orientation mid-August, and the date of your acceptance won't matter one iota.
And I'd be remiss if I didn't quickly plug Second Look weekend. It's a blast and gives you the opportunity to meet your classmates, find roommates, scope out housing, and sample a few of New Haven's excellent restaurants. Hope to meet some of you then, and continue unabashedly pimping our amazing school 😛
Yale definitely uses its waitlist, so for those of you feeling disappointed today, keep your chins up! Some of you will be in New Haven come orientation mid-August, and the date of your acceptance won't matter one iota.
And I'd be remiss if I didn't quickly plug Second Look weekend. It's a blast and gives you the opportunity to meet your classmates, find roommates, scope out housing, and sample a few of New Haven's excellent restaurants. Hope to meet some of you then, and continue unabashedly pimping our amazing school 😛
does anyone know how long the wait list is? like for the 2010 stats page we got in our interview folder, is the 264 "accepted" supposed to mean 100 accepted straight up and 164 wait list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all those that got accepted.
Are these both MD-only and MD/PhD acceptances?
No email here.... looks like I'll be waiting for a letter.
Are these both MD-only and MD/PhD acceptances?
No email here.... looks like I'll be waiting for a letter.
Congrats to all those that got accepted.
Are these both MD-only and MD/PhD acceptances?
Mine was an MD-only acceptance, received 10:06 AM
Congrats to all those that got accepted.
Are these both MD-only and MD/PhD acceptances?
No email here.... looks like I'll be waiting for a letter.
I'm straight MD.
Congrats everyone on their acceptance!
But don't lose hope...Yale definitely uses their waitlist and it's far far from a death sentence as with some other schools.
But don't lose hope...Yale definitely uses their waitlist and it's far far from a death sentence as with some other schools.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
This was my second interview! Definitely doing Second Look here! Good luck everyone else waiting !! Email dated 1:06PM