-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Arizona Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on when the next batch of acceptances is coming out?!
There are 2 more rounds - one at the end of February and another one around mid-March 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are 2 more rounds - one at the end of February and another one around mid-March 🙂
Like Feb 24 and March 9/16? How do you know this?
They said in the interview invitation email that we would get rejections and wait lists by March 15. I'm guessing the round of acceptances will happen before then.
Like Feb 24 and March 9/16? How do you know this?
I dont have exact dates but that is what Tanisha (woman in charge of admissions) said to my group before we interviewed.
I've searched high and low, but I can't seem to find the match list. Does anyone have a link for it?
I've searched high and low, but I can't seem to find the match list. Does anyone have a link for it?
Have you looked through both the Match List and Class of 2015 threads from last year? I was sure it was on there somewhere - when I get some time I will look for where I found it.
I've searched high and low, but I can't seem to find the match list. Does anyone have a link for it?
Here is the 2011 match list. It is combined with a google map and you can scroll down the placements on the left.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7940278805424154230.00049f1fa7dbc582d7de5&z=3
Thanks! I'm impressed with the variety of specialties and the diverse locations. I had read an article that suggested most students remained in Arizona for residency and most went into primary care. It does seem like students are able to reach any specialty they want from here. Thanks again for sharingHere is the 2011 match list. It is combined with a google map and you can scroll down the placements on the left.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7940278805424154230.00049f1fa7dbc582d7de5&z=3
Thanks! I'm impressed with the variety of specialties and the diverse locations. I had read an article that suggested most students remained in Arizona for residency and most went into primary care. It does seem like students are able to reach any specialty they want from here. Thanks again for sharing
+1 on the impressiveness; it seems like that many students stay in Arizona but the ones that don't end up going to the best residencies across the country. It only adds to my anxiousness for the next round of acceptances

Don't they normally email you to let you know ahead of time when they are sending out decisions?Here's hoping tomorrow brings another round of acceptances...
Don't they normally email you to let you know ahead of time when they are sending out decisions?
nope you find out when you find out.
best of luck to all that are waiting for some good news 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's good to know. I had my schools confusednope you find out when you find out.
best of luck to all that are waiting for some good news 🙂
Here's hoping tomorrow brings another round of acceptances...
I hope so too....and I especially hope I'm among the accepted!
I just got my post-interview complete email. Every time I get a "complete" email my heart leaps out of my chest after seeing who it is from.
I loved Arizona. The students, from all years, were friendlier and happier than anywhere I've been, which speaks volumes. The MMI was fun, but made if difficult to gauge how well I did. I can't wait to hear the results.
I loved Arizona. The students, from all years, were friendlier and happier than anywhere I've been, which speaks volumes. The MMI was fun, but made if difficult to gauge how well I did. I can't wait to hear the results.
Did anyone call and ask if they were planning on sending out acceptances today?
Did anyone call and ask if they were planning on sending out acceptances today?
I wanted to, but I feel like I've called too many times already. Someone else want to call and ask? I'm assuming it will be either today or Monday since they said end of Feb., and to date, they've only released on Fridays and Mondays.
This is a purely speculative q, but what % of your decision do you think comes down to MMI? esp those that have already experienced it. Since schools switch to MMI, they obviously believe in its potential and consider it more worthy than traditional interviews. imo it would be weighted pretty heavily at the interview stage, no?
This is a purely speculative q, but what % of your decision do you think comes down to MMI? esp those that have already experienced it. Since schools switch to MMI, they obviously believe in its potential and consider it more worthy than traditional interviews. imo it would be weighted pretty heavily at the interview stage, no?
Not sure at U of A but at OHSU, where it is coupled with a traditional interview, the MMI score itself is 50% of the interview day score and 40% of the total score. There, the MMI evaluators' comments also play into the other 50% of the interview score, so the MMI is worth >50% of the total interview day or >40% of the total score. My guess would be that at U of A, since there is no traditional interview to be assessed, the MMI is probably given even more weight (say, 50-80% of the total score). Keep in mind, though, that while the score itself is important, the adcom also likely considers the comments made by your evaluators, which may provide further light on your entire application.
Are you saying at Oregon the total interview is worth 80% of the admissions decision at the interview stage? So your actual stats play only that small a role?
Are you saying at Oregon the total interview is worth 80% of the admissions decision at the interview stage? So your actual stats play only that small a role?
Yes. It's an 80/20 split for the acceptance. The adcom and all interviewers are completely blind to stats per the Director of Admissions. The way they do it as that the Director plugs your stats into a spreadsheet along w the adcom and MMI scores and a final score value is generated. That value is then used to determine your ranking out of all applicants. Your stats really only play a truly significant role pre-interview there. (Of course, they screen fairly high if you're OOS and not URM with a screen of a minimum 3.65+/32+ this year to be considered part of a mission group and according to my interview day, they have not gone outside their "mission groups" to offer interviews in quite a few years as they generally end up with several times the number of students in the mission group pool as the number they can feasibly interview each cycle.)
How do you know it's your first eligible round?So no acceptances emailed yesterday? this is my first eleigible round at Tuscon so I am unsure but they send out a you have not been selected this round email right?
How do you know it's your first eligible round?
For my interview group they mentioned which round we should expect to considered in. Right after my interview in December they sent out acceptances and I was not accepted but I wasn't upset because I knew I wasn't eligible in that round from what I was told. My first round came a few weeks after at which point I was accepted. They may not have actually told you what your "first round" would be though. They were pretty casual about mentioning it to us.
Ok. Thanks. They just told us we would be eligible for review as early as the next day. I guess I'll call and ask on Monday.For my interview group they mentioned which round we should expect to considered in. Right after my interview in December they sent out acceptances and I was not accepted but I wasn't upset because I knew I wasn't eligible in that round from what I was told. My first round came a few weeks after at which point I was accepted. They may not have actually told you what your "first round" would be though. They were pretty casual about mentioning it to us.
How do you know it's your first eligible round?
They said that they sent out acceptances the day I interview ~3 weeks ago and the next would be in a few weeks
Today....maybe....hopefully?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
today....maybe....hopefully?
+1
I'm dying. Do we know for sure that they're doing another round in February?
I'm dying. Do we know for sure that they're doing another round in February?
They said they were, but who knows if they actually will. They might be behind in releasing.
Just talked to admissions. They said there are for sure 2 more acceptance rounds before they release the wait list somewhere towards the end of March. No word on releases today, she dodged that questions rather skillfully and I didn't want to be the annoying guy that pesters the admissions office with questions.
5:30 pm... if nobody has been accepted yet, then my money is on Friday. Can't say for sure, since they seemed to be a bit behind on the "still considering" email last time.
Well I hope this means there was no round today and we didn't all just get passed up this time.
Amen
At my interview in early February, they said it was looking like the last two acceptance dates would both be in March. I got the impression the first would be sometime this next week or so, and the other mid or late March, possibly even very early April (it sounded like things were just generally running a bit behind schedule).
I recall an email from them saying that final rejections and wait lists would go out by march 15.At my interview in early February, they said it was looking like the last two acceptance dates would both be in March. I got the impression the first would be sometime this next week or so, and the other mid or late March, possibly even very early April (it sounded like things were just generally running a bit behind schedule).
Just got my UofA rejection on the same day as my first MD acceptance. Eased the pain, just a little bit 🙂
Got a rejection today. My first reaction was "Now when in the hell did I apply here?"
WICHE applicant / parents live in Tucson
WICHE applicant / parents live in Tucson
Just got my UofA rejection on the same day as my first MD acceptance. Eased the pain, just a little bit 🙂
Were these rejections on 3/1, after having interviewed, or not having interviewed?
Thanks
Were these rejections on 3/1, after having interviewed, or not having interviewed?
Thanks
Rejected today. OOS never interviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were these rejections on 3/1, after having interviewed, or not having interviewed?
Thanks
Didn't interview.
Were these rejections on 3/1, after having interviewed, or not having interviewed?
Thanks
No interview.
Has anyone been e-mailed the link for the new student website, in our acceptance letters they said it would be available today, March 1st?
I talked to them today about this and they said it might not be out today and they could not give me an exact date.
no interview OOS
Also rejected today pre-interview OOS. Former AZ resident.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K