You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Arizona Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I hope tomorrow brings positive news.
Yeah that next acceptance release has to be right around the corner....it's been almost a month since I got the last notice.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't sleep...need...decision! Interviewed on 2/11, hope I don't get passed on until the last decision batch.
Rejected yesterday with no interview. in-state
I'm disappointed.
I'm disappointed.
Still waiting for the new student website... anyone heard anything?
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
anyone else obsessively stalking their email account as well as this forum?? 😛
definitely
When do we find out?? The pressure is killing me it's the only university I applied to 🙁.
Haven't got any e-mails except for a we won't be rejecting/waitlisting till end of March. I interviewed in December.
I think theres 2 more acceptance rounds. Waitlist/rejection is end of March. If waitilisted they don't have to tell you anything until school starts. I interviewed over 3 months ago.. still waitin
Has anyone else received the same "rejection" message several times, including the most recent one last week? Ironically, I withdrew my application and continue to get rejection letters from this program.
I sure hope they audit their lists before sending acceptances!
I sure hope they audit their lists before sending acceptances!
Is it going to be today? Fingers crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it going to be today? Fingers crossed!
Nothing? What's the latest they've sent out emails?
So another day of waiting... do we wait till Friday now then?
I was accepted back in December and received the email right around this time .. Around 330 pm (pacific)
So I gave up and called the office yesterday to ask about the website (sometime near the end of this week they said). Anyway they were nice enough to review and make sure that my file was complete. They said I still lacked my transcripts, even though I had a gap year this year. So does anyone know if I really need to send them, or was the lady on the phone thinking I had classes this year and had to submit grades for those classes?
I think when an applicant is officially accepted they have to send all college transcripts to the school that they're attending in the fall.So I gave up and called the office yesterday to ask about the website (sometime near the end of this week they said). Anyway they were nice enough to review and make sure that my file was complete. They said I still lacked my transcripts, even though I had a gap year this year. So does anyone know if I really need to send them, or was the lady on the phone thinking I had classes this year and had to submit grades for those classes?
I think when an applicant is officially accepted they have to send all college transcripts to the school that they're attending in the fall.
Man I have to say I love the staff there... called again for clarification and they seemed happy to answer all my questions. 🙂
So the person I talked to on the phone said they were only looking for my latest official transcripts- where I got my bachelors from.
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
I was wondering how hard it would be to work part time while attending school here. Can any current student offer their opinion.
I was wondering how hard it would be to work part time while attending school here. Can any current student offer their opinion.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! For those of you who are planning on going to the college pretty much for sure should join the Facebook group I linked to below. I am currently a first year and I would be happy to answer any questions you have. (Please post on the facebook page since a lot of us hardly come on here)
For those accepted (you must request access):
http://www.facebook.com/groups/189892244434759/
-DesiMaster
For those accepted (you must request access):
http://www.facebook.com/groups/189892244434759/
-DesiMaster
I was wondering how hard it would be to work part time while attending school here. Can any current student offer their opinion.
I don't understand how this school would be any different from any other medical school. It isn't a good idea. None the less, I know that a couple classmates do it anyway. Mostly tutoring/MCAT classes. We have podcasting of all the lectures and few "required" class activities so if you use your time efficiently, you can definitely work a small job.
Has anyone gotten any less-than-vague info about when the next admissions are? I spoke to someone on the phone earlier who made it seem as if there would only be one more round of acceptances, and then they would release the alternate list. When asked when this might be, she said "by the end of the month."....
Well I ask about this school in particular because every school has different mandatory attendance commitments. I've spoken with some students from different schools who have to be in class or scheduled activities 8+ hours a day. Thanks for the info.I don't understand how this school would be any different from any other medical school. It isn't a good idea. None the less, I know that a couple classmates do it anyway. Mostly tutoring/MCAT classes. We have podcasting of all the lectures and few "required" class activities so if you use your time efficiently, you can definitely work a small job.
Has anyone gotten any less-than-vague info about when the next admissions are? I spoke to someone on the phone earlier who made it seem as if there would only be one more round of acceptances, and then they would release the alternate list. When asked when this might be, she said "by the end of the month."....
Did the person mention anything about a recent acceptance round? There was supposed to be one late Feb/early March and I don't think anyone has received the "still being considered" email but I'm still wondering if that round has already passed..
I've also been somewhat obsessively tracking the Facebook group and 15+ members joined in the past week.. wondering if that has to do with a recent round or if that link a few posts above mine could explain it..
Well I ask about this school in particular because every school has different mandatory attendance commitments. I've spoken with some students from different schools who have to be in class or scheduled activities 8+ hours a day. Thanks for the info.
It depends on the day. On your Societies day, there is also usually a morning mandatory activity, so that day is usually completely filled. I agree with Desi, I think it would be really hard to have a major work commitment. You also do not have an absolute set schedule each week (mandatory activities follow a pattern, but are somewhat variable). People pick up some small gigs, mostly weekends (tutoring, restaurant shifts, etc.) Even if you podcast, you still need to allow yourself time to listen to lectures and study. Most people also participate in other activities (CUP, IM sports, etc) that take up some time, but also offer some balance in your life. Just don't overextend yourself. The coursework is really manageable, but it is harder to catch up once you get behind.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did the person mention anything about a recent acceptance round? There was supposed to be one late Feb/early March and I don't think anyone has received the "still being considered" email but I'm still wondering if that round has already passed..
I've also been somewhat obsessively tracking the Facebook group and 15+ members joined in the past week.. wondering if that has to do with a recent round or if that link a few posts above mine could explain it..
I was accepted back in December but just now joined the facebook group
I was accepted back in December but just now joined the facebook group
Same here. I'm still undecided...
Anyone else having trouble deciding between Phoenix and Tucson?
Anyone else having trouble deciding between Phoenix and Tucson?
I wish I had that problem 😀
Hoping to hear good news today!
I wish I had that problem 😀
Hoping to hear good news today!
Me too on both counts!
I am still waiting to hear back from this school, but in the meantime have decided to study for the MCAT again. If anyone is looking for a study partner in Tucson feel free to PM me. I mostly study at the UA library by myself and wanted to see if anyone might be interested. Good luck to all.
Or Skype would be fine too.
Or Skype would be fine too.
Last edited:
Harro? anybody got my decision? lol
Ok I just called...
I was under the assumption that this Friday (Mar 16th) would be the last date where acceptances/reject/WL would be sent out...HOWEVER...I was told that there are still TWO more in March. I guess this is a good thing...
I would assume that one of these will be Friday (not confirmed... I tried to get more information, rather awkwardly, but they have no information on dates) and another at the end of the month.
Heres hoping for good news come Friday
Cheers.
I was under the assumption that this Friday (Mar 16th) would be the last date where acceptances/reject/WL would be sent out...HOWEVER...I was told that there are still TWO more in March. I guess this is a good thing...
I would assume that one of these will be Friday (not confirmed... I tried to get more information, rather awkwardly, but they have no information on dates) and another at the end of the month.
Heres hoping for good news come Friday
Cheers.
Last edited:
Ok I just called...
I was under the assumption that this Friday (Mar 16th) would be the last date where acceptances/reject/WL would be sent out...HOWEVER...I was told that there are still TWO more in March. I guess this is a good thing...
I would assume that one of these will be Friday (not confirmed... I tried to get more information, rather awkwardly, but they have no information on dates) and another at the end of the month.
Heres hoping for good news come Friday
Cheers.
thx for calling!
omg still nothing?...
omg still nothing?...
still got about 2 hours.. past releases have been at the end of the day around 4-5pm local time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping they're not having the same email problems as last time...
I'm hoping they're not having the same email problems as last time...
what problem?
Many people did not get the [acceptances extended, but you are still under review] email when they sent out acceptances last round.
No you're definitely not being impatient. They were pretty consistent until early February and then they haven't done an acceptance round since then. I interviewed in late January and yeah even a patient guy like me is starting to wonder what's going on.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K