2012-2013 Albert Einstein of Yeshiva Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone receive a "complete application" email yet who submitted their secondaries?
Yes. It's titled: Einstein: Secondary Application 2012
It says:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

My letters are all in, if it matters.
 
Last edited:
I think the secondary confirmation emails aren't that big of a deal as someone noted earlier. I submitted and paid 6/29 and got no email except a payment confirmation but on the website my all says thanks for competing the supplementary. So I woudent sweat it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. It's titled: Einstein: Secondary Application 2012
It says:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

My letters are all in, if it matters.

This isn't the complete email guys. The complete email means they have your Secondary, LORs, and everything they need to start reviewing for an interview.

This email just means they received your secondary.
 
This isn't the complete email guys. The complete email means they have your Secondary, LORs, and everything they need to start reviewing for an interview.

This email just means they received your secondary.

Has anyone received the complete email. Stating that they've received your LoRs and that your app is under review?
 
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Got it yesterday afternoon. Submitted secondary 7/5
 
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Got it yesterday afternoon. Submitted secondary 7/5

Aha! There it is. Wonder why mine isn't complete though...I submitted 6/30 🙁
 
Maybe they haven't gotten your letters or gone through them to ensure you meet all of their LoR requirements. Can't think of any other reason why
 
Maybe they haven't gotten your letters or gone through them to ensure you meet all of their LoR requirements. Can't think of any other reason why

Maybe...but I submitted my letters 5 minutes after I submitted my secondary. I don't know why they'd check letters on people who submitted later :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the "Complete" email! Submitted my secondary on 6/30, letters uploaded to AMCAS on 7/6. Here's what the email said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2012 entering class is December 1.


If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.


We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think it matters, but I am a reapplicant to Einstein.
 
Just got the "Complete" email! Submitted my secondary on 6/30, letters uploaded to AMCAS on 7/6. Here's what the email said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2012 entering class is December 1.


If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.


We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think it matters, but I am a reapplicant to Einstein.

😕

I wonder what their completion order is. Anybody else get the complete?
 
Can someone post the updated secondary questions? I only see the one from last year, I've already submitted my application but I'm waiting for verification so I'd like to get started on writing my secondary for here! Thanks!
 
Can someone post the updated secondary questions? I only see the one from last year, I've already submitted my application but I'm waiting for verification so I'd like to get started on writing my secondary for here! Thanks!

No real essay questions for this one. Just some short 100 word ones that may or may not apply to you.
 
Very weird. I submitted the 30th and got one today. I don't understand their queue 😛

You mind telling me what if u got an email or something saying your secondary was complete? I never did but when I log on it says that I have successfully completed TE secondary. Trying to decide if I should annoy them with a phone call.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You mind telling me what if u got an email or something saying your secondary was complete? I never did but when I log on it says that I have successfully completed TE secondary. Trying to decide if I should annoy them with a phone call.

I submitted 7/7. Only received the email stating that they've got my secondary, but no email about receiving LORs or that my file is complete for review.
 
Here is the complete email:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2012 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

Joan Lazarou
Admissions Coordinator
 
I was verified last Wednesday and wondering how long it takes to get the secondary invite email? I'm really anxious to get started 🙂
 
Has anyone been running into the problem where they upload their photo, but the photo the app displays is of someone else?
 
wow...so...i thought i had submitted my application but turns out it didnt get submitted SOOOO

any one know how to submit app once i've paid? it says on there that the link to submit comes after you've paid but i don't want to pay twice
 
wow...so...i thought i had submitted my application but turns out it didnt get submitted SOOOO

any one know how to submit app once i've paid? it says on there that the link to submit comes after you've paid but i don't want to pay twice


how did you figure this out. I submitted 6/29 and still no completion so I'm wondering if the same thing happened to me?

Thanks for the help
 
wow...so...i thought i had submitted my application but turns out it didnt get submitted SOOOO

any one know how to submit app once i've paid? it says on there that the link to submit comes after you've paid but i don't want to pay twice

I messed up my payment/submission also to where I had already paid but it wouldn't allow me past the credit card info page to the "submit page." I had to email them (I believe there is an email address somewhere on there about the financial contact person). Anyway they sent me an email saying that my payment info had been updated and a link to the "submit page."
 
If you've already paid but haven't submitted, all you have to do is e-mail the e-mail they give you when you get to the payment screen and it basically says "If you have trouble, e-mail _____."

I had the same trouble, e-mailed them, and they got back to me with the right link. My status says secondary submitted and I got the secondary complete e-mail, but I didn't get a "fully complete" e-mail. 🙁
 
do you happen to have the email, I cant find it. It says that My app was submitted but for some reason I dont think it went through
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aww. Still no completion e-mail on my end. 🙁 I technically submitted later than I thought I did due to incomplete submission though. I'll just keep waiting...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.