You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Columbia University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
hi BlackCat, no one seems to know if emails are coming. The only thing we know about the portal is what the email from P&S said. :/
I, personally, am now stuck on a loop of checking gmail, checking facebook (?), checking SDN, checking the portal, then looping back to gmail, and on and on. I'm going to go work out. I'll probably be down to my birth weight by 5pm.
I, personally, am now stuck on a loop of checking gmail, checking facebook (?), checking SDN, checking the portal, then looping back to gmail, and on and on. I'm going to go work out. I'll probably be down to my birth weight by 5pm.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well.... someone could call and ask...
Although everybody knows that if you call admissions they track your phone number back to your application and instantly change your would-be acceptance into a mega-rejection. Whats a mega rejection you ask? Its like a normal rejection except its covered in poop.
Although everybody knows that if you call admissions they track your phone number back to your application and instantly change your would-be acceptance into a mega-rejection. Whats a mega rejection you ask? Its like a normal rejection except its covered in poop.
Ah, I guess I'll do it too...haha
Anybody interview with HB?
Anybody interview with HB?
Well I'm getting the poop rejection. I called and got a super vague answer. Said decisions aren't necessarily going out today and that no matter what the answer, it could go out either via email or mail (phone calls obviously only for acceptances).
What BS. Clearly they know whether it's going to be email or mail. (Unless it's like email for waitlist and snail mail for rejection or something, hmm.)
Well I'm getting the poop rejection. I called and got a super vague answer. Said decisions aren't necessarily going out today and that no matter what the answer, it could go out either via email or mail (phone calls obviously only for acceptances).
Last year was snail mail for waitlist and email for rejection, so the vagueness makes sense in that regard. I just wish they did it like einstein and emailed acceptance emails at the same exact time. That way if you didnt get it you were more aware of your status. Because at this point the possibilities are:
1. Accepted and my interviewer hasnt had the chance to call me
2. Accepted and I wont get the call, but will get mail today
3. Accepted but wont get the mail until next week
4. Waitlisted, with mail coming today or next week
5. Rejected, with email coming today or next week
TOO MANY OPTIONS!!!
(Referring to getting a vague answer from admissions): this is...exactly what happened to me as well. Poop rejection, here we come...lol
They could just be giving a stock answer to everybody who calls.
They could just be giving a stock answer to everybody who calls.
Someone who got accepted should make the call 🙂
They could just be giving a stock answer to everybody who calls.
Yeah its definitely better to be vague rather than promising something and having the decisions come out later than they expected. At least for the sake of their sanity.
To any accepted applicants, did you receive a letter? Just wondering if there is still hope. 🙁 I can't help but feel like a waitlist/rejection is coming.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RK anyone?
Was yours male or female? Feel free to PM me if you like.
The poop rejection hahahaha
This is the least fun game I've ever played.
Have a good workout?
Woman
Same here. No call yet.
Have a good workout?
I'm not even ashamed to admit that I took the dog for a walk and then came right back to my computer.

OK I'M GOING. I am going. (I will just check this thread from the treadmill.)
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Justin Bieber doesn't call accepted applicants!
![]()
Never say never.
I interviewed with the dean, and since he's already made a few calls I'm so nervous it will be bad news_s
TODAY. WHAT A DAY.
TODAY. WHAT A DAY.
The DrM, tt, WiP rule of three hasn't failed me yet... Don't fail me now.
hahaha!!! Goodluck man! Im sure you're fine 🙂)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just here to spread some 

and CONGRATS to everyone else who's gotten the call! hopefully there will be news for everyone very very soon 🙂


and CONGRATS to everyone else who's gotten the call! hopefully there will be news for everyone very very soon 🙂![]()
Just got off the phone with my interviewer, SM.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
LOL whoops if I had only just kept reading the thread...
Mailman came and went...nothing today
Mailman came and went...nothing today
Ruh roh. And the number of people getting phone calls is making me un po nervoso.
Just got off the phone with HH! Ahhhh!
NO WAY! Congratulations!!!!!!😱
C'moooon, cell phone. Ring!
anyone who interview with CO-N hear anything?
fighting off the urge to email my interviewer... doesn't look like she's called anyone yet.
I don't think my interviewer even uses email.
No, I'm actually serious!
no way! Congratulations!!!!!!😱
C'moooon, cell phone. Ring!
+1
oh columbia, why don't you just send us emails and put us out of this misery..if you interview 1200 and only accept 300, then you still have at least 900 of us waiting anxiously
oh columbia, why can't you have some mercy and send us emails to put us out of this misery..if you interview 1200 and only accept 300, then you still have at least 900 of us waiting anxiously
1/8 of which are currently viewing this thread
Has anyone heard back yet regarding the 3 year PhD/MD program?
also for accepted applicants, has there been any changes in your portal? i don't understand why they sent out that email about being able to log in if they aren't going to update it. but regardless i am fast losing hope since they've been calling all of yesterday and half of today, multiple people calling at all times equates to maybe a couple hundred calls already. now i just want some closure and know if its waitlist or rejection or of course the very unlikely chance of acceptance
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also for accepted applicants, has there been any changes in your portal? i don't understand why they sent out that email about being able to log in if they aren't going to update it.
No change in portal here! The phone calls are so randomly done though I wasn't expecting a change until everyone else got it.
anyone who interview with CO-N hear anything?
I had her and still waiting!
hopefully tonight we'll get a definitive answer even though it is hours and hours away. and i really should get off this site. it's doing no good for my sanity.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
