2012-2013 Columbia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if all acceptees get called? God, I'm so nervous - I wish hadn't logged onto SDN today. 😱

+1 yeah me neither, I'm spazzing. And no, a lot of people don't get calls. Most people last year got a letter sans telephone call. Not all interviewers do it, first of all, and the ones that do don't call everybody they interviewed that is accepted.
 
+1 yeah me neither, I'm spazzing. And no, a lot of people don't get calls. Most people last year got a letter sans telephone call. Not all interviewers do it, first of all, and the ones that do don't call everybody they interviewed that is accepted.

This paradoxically makes me feel better. I thought I had a pretty bad interview and wouldn't expect a call if they didn't have to!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, basically, everyone should just chiiiillll for a while, and see what happens. 🙂 I'm getting OFF this forum. haha love you all, but it's too much! I'll wait to hear back and let y'all know!
 
Yeah, I highly doubt that Columbia would make every interviewer call the individuals that they interviewed. I just got extremely lucky with an amazing interviewer. If you guys haven't heard by the end of today, I'm sure that you will hear tomorrow. Good luck and keep us all updated.
 
ITT:

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i woke up perfectly happy, thinking it would be like just any other day. but i read this thread and become super stressed out. i interviewed with the dean. anyone know if he calls?
 
Something else we should add for the 2013-2014 applicants is, as we get accepted, whether or not we had personalized responses to our updates and letters.
 
Congrats DrMario!!


For the benefit of others (and for reference for the 2013-2014 applicants), please add to the list of initials of interviewers who have made calls by quoting the below part and reposting. I'll make up initials to start:

P&S INTERVIEWERS THAT CALL BY FIRST AND LAST INITIALS
  • MD
    *JS (no personalized letter- or any letter at all except for the notification that they received my updates)
.
 
p&s interviewers that call by first and last initials *

  • js (no personalized letter- or any letter at all except for the notification that they received my updates)
  • rl - just got the call!!! Did not get personalization on my letter and was asked for an update as well. Sent the update beginning of feb.

congratulations!!!
 
CALL ME MAYBE

PLEASEEEEEEE 😱😱😱😱

Thank you both so much!!! Celebrations are definitely in order, and I hope you guys join me soon. Got the call at work and could barely even articulate anything to my interviewer, whoops! Ha. He's the best.

aaaaand no work will be done for the rest of the day. :luck: everyone else!!

EDIT: Thanks Owl and smallone, didn't see you guys until after the post! You all have been so supportive, this is why I can't pull myself away from SDN, yadda yadda. I'm really, really rooting for you guys.


Thank you!! Praying!!! Haven't seen any from my interviewer so I'm hoping so muuucchhhh!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm seriously tempted to call the school to ask for my decision, but then what if it's a rejection 😱

also, any status changes to the school portal for those accepted?
 
Then.

Holy **** now I'm going to be on pins and needles all day!

+1. So effing nervous now. Just got a call from someone at work from their work phone, which of course is an NYC number. Cruelty.

I just want the waiting to end ASAP, don't think I'll be able to focus until it does, haha.

Now.

It's whenever your interviewer has the time, if they are indeed making calls... hang in there folks!

The difference a few hours makes. #iAintMad
 
Congrats, obviouslyteal!!!! I've been rootin' for you, too. 😀


I said I'd be off of these forums...
but yea I'm not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Missed a call from my interviewer. Currently playing phone tag! At work though and about to enter a meeting, so it's hard....
 
i woke up perfectly happy, thinking it would be like just any other day. but i read this thread and become super stressed out. i interviewed with the dean. anyone know if he calls?

The dean does make calls - of course he may not make calls for everyone. I know my interviewer doesn't call people, haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.