2012-2013 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tier 1 or tier 3, or was only a tier 2 email sent out yesterday?

In looking at past threads, I've never actually seen anyone post tier 1. My (unofficial) assumption is that they already have a rough order for their waitlist by May 15th, and much of tier 1 actually gets accepted before the finalized tiers are released.

Members don't see this ad.

In looking at past threads, I've never actually seen anyone post tier 1. My (unofficial) assumption is that they already have a rough order for their waitlist by May 15th, and much of tier 1 actually gets accepted before the finalized tiers are released.
That makes sense. I was just curious if the numbers are as described. In old threads, tier 2 has been the most widely posted, but the tier email claims that Tier 3 is by far the largest group. I suppose people don't love posting bad news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't get through today. Was anyone successful?

Unrelated--does tier 3 actually exist? I've yet to see confirmation of its existence in past/current threads.

Couldn't get through today. Was anyone successful?

Unrelated--does tier 3 actually exist? I've yet to see confirmation of its existence in past/current threads.

I had the same experience, couldn't get through today or on Wednesday. That makes me a bit nervous - just how many tier 2 people are there?!?

Just FYI folks, a little birdie (whose authority I trust) told me the class is stable at 100 students and very unlikely (but NOT impossible!) to move at this point. You can take this news with a grain of salt, but it is what it is.

Sorry to do this all, but I love Yale too much not to. Does anyone who has been accepted this (last) cycle feel like critiquing my "Why Yale?" essay for me?

hey guys,
do you know if Yale gives feedback to students who got an interview but didn't get accepted?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.