-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Cooper Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nothing yet. Dying over here!
Same!
How long are you guys gonna give it? Haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New to the conversation here I guess. I thin since they haven't done it yet it will be sometime during the day.
Accepted 🙂
The personalized acceptance letter was a really, really nice touch.
The personalized acceptance letter was a really, really nice touch.
Congratulations!!! I haven't received anything yet.
Accepted!! What a relief being my only interview so far!!!!
When did you get your email?
When did you get your email?
Around 2:30am
Haven't heard anything yet, I wonder if that is a bad sign
Has anyone gotten a post-interview rejection yet? Or have they only been sending acceptances?
Eeek, nothing yet here either 🙁
OOS Accepted!! Couldn't be more excited!
When did you get your email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you get your email?
Not addressed to me, but, received mine around 6:00 am Pacific. Wish you the best, accepted OOS
To those accepted: Has there been any change to your online portal?? Mine has been the same ever since my II.
To those accepted: Has there been any change to your online portal?? Mine has been the same ever since my II.
Same 🙁
Not addressed to me, but, received mine around 6:00 am Pacific. Wish you the best, accepted OOS
So I guess acceptance emails have been going out throughout the night/morning?
Anyone considering calling the office up to ask if acceptances are going out throughout the day? Lol
Anyone considering calling the office up to ask if acceptances are going out throughout the day? Lol
Don't.
don't.
k.
Sixstring it could be that they have not sent out all of the invites yet. If you don't have a rejection then your totally in the game still! So you got this!! Besides, I'm not sure if this makes you feel better or not but in the event that you might be waitlisted (I promise I won't jinx you!) there is a lot of waitlist movement. When we were able to speak with the medical students they said that around half of them were waitlisted. They said that its because they are a newer school and have less data to work with. So they waitlist more often than a typical medical school.
Also! They said around 90%+ of their interviewees get into a medical school (Albeit silly enough to choose another school I think he said haha).
That's somewhat reassuring. Thanks!
That's somewhat reassuring. Thanks!
Haha I know the feeling. I would really love an acceptance here too and despite knowing that we are in a good place. Uncertainty is a scary thing.
We got this! RAWR 😀
So I guess acceptance emails have been going out throughout the night/morning?
I can't verify that, but they also called and told me they were expecting my email to autosend around midnight, but somehow it didn't so they sent it manually this morning east coast time. So, I would assume they'll be rolling in at some point.
I hope you all hear something soon, I know you've all worked for it.
Are we hoping for something at midnight tonight?!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we hoping for something at midnight tonight?!?
Not holding my breath 🙁
Congrats dude! I've been rooting for you! I'm an 'underdog' as well AND a 4 year rower. No II from Cooper yet for me, but I do have one from my state school.Accepted 🙂
The personalized acceptance letter was a really, really nice touch.
Does anyone know what's going on with Cooper? I was at the first interview of the season and was told I'd be notified yesterday. Still no email, still no phone call, still no update in my app account.
Does anyone know what's going on with Cooper? I was at the first interview of the season and was told I'd be notified yesterday. Still no email, still no phone call, still no update in my app account.
Rejected, OOS (NY), interviewed 9/27 (second interview date)
Since they personalize their decision emails, it's possible something similar is coming your way...makes sense to send out acceptances first if they are taking the time to personalize them.
Same here. Rejected IS, interview 9/27. Really feeling wounded over this one, but I've got another in-state acceptance so all's good! Congrats to those who've been accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting!
Waitlisted. I am sad that I was not accepted outright, but thankful to still have a chance. I really resonated with the program and their mission. I would be thrilled to get the call.
does anyone know around what time the interview day ends??
Around 12:30 I think?
oh wow that is incredibly early. is there breakfast and/or coffee there?Around 12:30 I think?
D
deleted367183
There are coffee and muffins in the a.m., then bagels, etc., but no lunch as such. There is what to eat, but no sandwich.
The meet and greet is strongly encouraged...I would say I left at 12:45, but ideally would have liked to stay longer. But splitting at 12:45 will not single you out.
The meet and greet is strongly encouraged...I would say I left at 12:45, but ideally would have liked to stay longer. But splitting at 12:45 will not single you out.
what is the meet and greet and how long is it? i'm only asking just to see what time i should buy my bus ticket for. thanks!There are coffee and muffins in the a.m., then bagels, etc., but no lunch as such. There is what to eat, but no sandwich.
The meet and greet is strongly encouraged...I would say I left at 12:45, but ideally would have liked to stay longer. But splitting at 12:45 will not single you out.
what is the meet and greet and how long is it? i'm only asking just to see what time i should buy my bus ticket for. thanks!
This is after the interviews/tour/information sessions are all over and they let you meet the current medical students without the presence of the admissions faculty (Not that they were intimidating at all, very nice people). It lasts as long as you want it to though. Some people left almost immediately after everything concluded and many others stayed well past when I was there. I would say give yourself at least 30 minutes, but it all depends on how talkative you feel. Its a great time to ask some questions regarding how they feel about the school from a students perspective.
Needless to say, I will never underestimate formal Friday's ever again... Oh my.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any accepted students been able to pay their deposits yet?
D
deleted367183
This makes them sound like scary people, which they totally are not, but there were still some faculty/staff chilling around the edges of the meet-and-greet. So budget 1/2 hour, I say, if we're talking about a bus and not a plane.
Be advised that the PATCO is a little infrequent in the middle of the day. Still I made the 2:30 bus. I would say book it for 3 or later just to remove all doubt. It is not easy to get another reasonable bus/train ticket Fri. afternoon if you miss one. 30th St. OTOH has many places to relax if you're early.
Be advised that the PATCO is a little infrequent in the middle of the day. Still I made the 2:30 bus. I would say book it for 3 or later just to remove all doubt. It is not easy to get another reasonable bus/train ticket Fri. afternoon if you miss one. 30th St. OTOH has many places to relax if you're early.
Any interviewed students have advice or information to offer on the OSCE interview? I'm trying to prepare myself for it but can't find much online. I'm interviewing in a couple weeks so any help would be greatly appreciated!
How is Cooper with financial aid - can any current students comment on the quality of merit aid here? Trying to decide whether to hold on to this interview or pass on the chance to another deserving applicant..
Any interviewed students have advice or information to offer on the OSCE interview? I'm trying to prepare myself for it but can't find much online. I'm interviewing in a couple weeks so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't think they want us divulging any details, but you essentially take a 3 minute mini-history of a simulated patient, and respond to a small ethical quandary they present. It's a way to check your instinctual demeanor with patients, how you respond to requests.
It's hard to prepare for and I was nervous as well, but after having done them (there's 2), I felt way more comfortable. Just be personable!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K