Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today!
CONGRATS! When were you complete and when did you schedule for? Tell us everything lolII today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS! When were you complete and when did you schedule for? Tell us everything lol
Thanks! I was emailed that I was complete on 10/2, and this is the first thing I've heard since then. I'm going on 2/3
Interviews go from Sept-Feb, so it actually looks like just 3 more weeks of interview slots leftLooks like Emory is just on early February interviews. Still 2 months of interview slots left 🙂
Dammit.. I guess my chances of cracking a top 20 school is overInterviews go from Sept-Feb, so it actually looks like just 3 more weeks of interview slots left
Right there with you...Dammit.. I guess my chances of cracking a top 20 school is over
Just got an interview invite! Scheduled for mid-Feb!
I'm surprised people haven't reported more acceptances. Perhaps most will go out after they finish interviewing. That's my hope at least.
Would that be at the same time they release the waitlist?
Would that be at the same time they release the waitlist?
No. They have five dates where they send out acceptances. Waitlist/rejection decision will be sent after that.
It's possible that they skipped over the December acceptance date. Or they may just be sending them out late like they did the first batch.No. They have five dates where they send out acceptances. Waitlist/rejection decision will be sent after that.
No. They have five dates where they send out acceptances. Waitlist/rejection decision will be sent after that.
Interesting, so the last date isn't the same as the waitlist release day?
I'm getting pretty excited about this school. The more I read about the school, the City of Atlanta and Grady hospital the more I can imagine myself here. I'm still in shock about this interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?Just got an interview invite! Scheduled for mid-Feb!
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?
Oh yeah sorry I forgot!
I submitted at the deadline on Dec 1st (I know, I know that's super late...go easy on me), and I was complete on Dec 11th.
I'm also Canadian.
Oh yeah sorry I forgot!
I submitted at the deadline on Dec 1st (I know, I know that's super late...go easy on me), and I was complete on Dec 11th.
I'm also Canadian.
Thanks for sharing! That's awesome. Enjoy your day there, good luck 🙂
Thanks for sharing! That's awesome. Enjoy your day there, good luck 🙂
Thanks, I appreciate it. It will be my first time in that region of the US so I'm looking forward to meeting new people.
My favourite line in the email, "There is nothing you need to do to prepare for these interviews."
Probably going to do some prep anyway lol.
Jealous...................................................Nothing in my inbox 🙁II this afternoon! Scheduled for this Friday.
II this afternoon! Scheduled for this Friday.
Wow, are you in the area? That seems like super short notice!
Wow, as in less than 3 days from now? That's awesome!! Congrats!II this afternoon! Scheduled for this Friday.
Thanks! Indeed, it's scheduled for this Friday (1/24). Apparently there was a last minute cancellation from another applicant.Wow, as in less than 3 days from now? That's awesome!! Congrats!
I am in the area! I actually live a few miles away from campus.Wow, are you in the area? That seems like super short notice!
Well, the interview season isn't over yet! Hopefully you'll receive some good news.Jealous...................................................Nothing in my inbox 🙁
I am in the area! I actually live a few miles away from campus.
I'm flying down from Vancouver for mine. Emory is totally worth it.
I'm flying down from Vancouver for mine. Emory is totally worth it.
For sure, Emory is fantastic! If you have extra time in the city, be sure to check out our food scene. The area around Emory is teeming with amazing eateries.
@StuckBard Are you an international applicant?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@StuckBard Are you an international applicant?
No, I'm actually an in-state applicant from Atlanta.
Wow, you must be so happy at the possibility of not moving for med!
Wow, you must be so happy at the possibility of not moving for med!
I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind.
I'm kinda ready for a change. UBC is alright, but Emory would be awesome to attend.
I'm kinda ready for a change. UBC is alright, but Emory would be awesome to attend.
Agreed! As for the change of pace, I know that I definitely enjoyed moving away for undergrad and I imagine that you will find Atlanta quite different from what you're used to.
As long as I can get fast internet and NHL gamecenter, I'll be good to go.
And I'm looking forward to the weather.
And I'm looking forward to the weather.
Well you shouldn't have to worry about either of those things, plenty of providers around here. You will find a distinct lack of hockey fans though...in fact I'm pretty sure we're the only city to have had and lost an NHL team, twice.
Yeah that was a bummer. I'll have to find some hockey fans in class!
I interviewed 12/10. No news yet either! Did get the financial aid email, but I really don't think that means anything. Maybe something with the crazy winter weather is holding them up. I don't know.
This. Me. All day.congrats to all the people who got II!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EMORY GIVE ME AN II!
Good luck to you, Syndicate.
Submit/complete date?
Does anyone have the USNWR data about interview and acceptance #s?
Interviewed: 673
Accepted: 309
Enrolled: 137
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you saying my chances of getting into med school this year are almost 50% now?
Wow, I thought that was lower. C'mon Emory, I want to see a letter in my mailbox.Interviewed: 673
Accepted: 309
Enrolled: 137
Every time I see a notification on SDN from emory thread, my heart skips a beat, only to read more II posts. Dammit lol.
What're you expecting? Acceptance notifications?
What're you expecting? Acceptance notifications?
That they are finally sending out more acceptance letters. I don't think any has gone out since thanksgiving... which is ridiculously long.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K