You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview Invite!!! So excited! This is one of my dream schools!
Congratulations!!
Congratulations! When were you complete? 🙂Interview Invite!!! So excited! This is one of my dream schools!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! When were you complete? 🙂
Thanks. Mid-July.
Finally received the email indicating that I'm complete. I submitted the secondary on Aug 13th
Was that the receipt of payment or an email saying you are complete?
Was that the receipt of payment or an email saying you are complete?
I got the receipt of payment on Aug 13th the day I submitted payment, whereas the complete application email came for me today.
II today! So excited to visit emory and learn more about the school. This really is one of my top choices.
Congratulations!! 👍
Would those of you with invites mind sharing with us your stats and when you were complete for amcas and emory?
II 🙂 Excited!
Can those with II's please post approximate complete date? I want to know if I should consider seppuku. Thanks.
Can those with II's please post approximate complete date? I want to know if I should consider seppuku. Thanks.
This just made my day so much better.
hi guys! just got an ii! so excited! I'll need to reschedule my date though 🙁 does anyone know which days of the week they offer interviews?
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! 👍
Would those of you with invites mind sharing with us your stats and when you were complete for amcas and emory?
MCAT: 35 (12 PS, 12 VR, 11 BS)
cGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.51
Complete: July 17th
GPAs are low, but I went to a top undergrad (HYP school), so that may have helped them somewhat.
hi guys! just got an ii! so excited! I'll need to reschedule my date though 🙁 does anyone know which days of the week they offer interviews?
I'm not sure which other days they do interviews, but I just got an II today and mine is scheduled for a Monday.
I wouldn't be too worried about interview invites and when you are complete. Obviously the earlier the better, but I was complete in July and received my interview invite in late December. It happens sometimes.
It was a complete shock when I received the email. Definitely made for a great Christmas present.
It was a complete shock when I received the email. Definitely made for a great Christmas present.
MCAT: 35 (12 PS, 12 VR, 11 BS)
cGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.51
Complete: July 17th
GPAs are low, but I went to a top undergrad (HYP school), so that may have helped them somewhat.
Unbelievable, we have exactly the same stats. 12/12/11, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA. I feel like my ecs are strong, so hopefully this will be a good sign!

Congrats again.
Does anyone have experience sending an "in the area" email to Emory? I'm traveling from overseas and figure I'll send one no matter what, but was wondering if anyone had advice specifically as relates to Emory. Should I just send the email to the "medadmiss" address? Should I avoid mentioning my interview at Mercer and just say I have another engagement that particular day and will be in state for the week? Thanks!
Does anyone have experience sending an "in the area" email to Emory? I'm traveling from overseas and figure I'll send one no matter what, but was wondering if anyone had advice specifically as relates to Emory. Should I just send the email to the "medadmiss" address? Should I avoid mentioning my interview at Mercer and just say I have another engagement that particular day and will be in state for the week? Thanks!
If you're traveling from abroad, I think it definitely warrants an in the area email. Just mention you have an interview on ____ (you do not have to mention the school) and explain your circumstances. Sometimes schools are receptive to in-the-areas, but other times they are not. It doesn't hurt to try though.
EDIT: I'm not sure who you would send the email too, but I would try medadmiss first.
Whoa, just got an II. Complete mid July.
After being rejected at Pitt and BU, with my only interviews at my IS publics, I had accepted the fact that I would not be getting interviews at any of my reach schools. So glad to be wrong!
Stats are in my MDApps, I'm OOS. I was actually born in Augusta, GA while my dad was attending his residency at MCG, but moved when he finished (I was 2). Not sure if that helped me. Fun fact, he was rejected from Emory for both med school and residency LOL, I'm hoping for better luck!
After being rejected at Pitt and BU, with my only interviews at my IS publics, I had accepted the fact that I would not be getting interviews at any of my reach schools. So glad to be wrong!
Stats are in my MDApps, I'm OOS. I was actually born in Augusta, GA while my dad was attending his residency at MCG, but moved when he finished (I was 2). Not sure if that helped me. Fun fact, he was rejected from Emory for both med school and residency LOL, I'm hoping for better luck!
Congrats! 👍 And good luck with your interview!Whoa, just got an II. Complete mid July.
After being rejected at Pitt and BU, with my only interviews at my IS publics, I had accepted the fact that I would not be getting interviews at any of my reach schools. So glad to be wrong!
Stats are in my MDApps, I'm OOS. I was actually born in Augusta, GA while my dad was attending his residency at MCG, but moved when he finished (I was 2). Not sure if that helped me. Fun fact, he was rejected from Emory for both med school and residency LOL, I'm hoping for better luck!
Whoa, just got an II. Complete mid July.
After being rejected at Pitt and BU, with my only interviews at my IS publics, I had accepted the fact that I would not be getting interviews at any of my reach schools. So glad to be wrong!
Stats are in my MDApps, I'm OOS. I was actually born in Augusta, GA while my dad was attending his residency at MCG, but moved when he finished (I was 2). Not sure if that helped me. Fun fact, he was rejected from Emory for both med school and residency LOL, I'm hoping for better luck!
Congrats! Glad to see some movement in this thread
Whoa, just got an II. Complete mid July.
After being rejected at Pitt and BU, with my only interviews at my IS publics, I had accepted the fact that I would not be getting interviews at any of my reach schools. So glad to be wrong!
Stats are in my MDApps, I'm OOS. I was actually born in Augusta, GA while my dad was attending his residency at MCG, but moved when he finished (I was 2). Not sure if that helped me. Fun fact, he was rejected from Emory for both med school and residency LOL, I'm hoping for better luck!
Congrats!!
Congrats! Glad to see some movement in this thread
+1, and I'd also like some movement in my inbox haha
+1, and I'd also like some movement in my inbox haha
haha this exactly

Does anyone know if it's possible to indicate an interest in applying to MD/MPH dual degree AFTER submitting my MD application?
+1
called today to ask but no answer. I'll try again tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if it's possible to indicate an interest in applying to MD/MPH dual degree AFTER submitting my MD application?
100% yes. Very few people come in having declared a duel degree, but fully a third of the class will stay an extra year doing one degree or another. Most of those degrees are MPH, a few do MBA or MSCR.
You have to decide around January of your 3rd year. It's very easy, especially for MPH. Which is great, since Rollins is such a great school for public health.
I didn't. I never checked any of the boxes on AMCAS as the application indicated it was optional.
Now, I am sketched out about how Emory knew. Hmmmm....*cue detective gadget music*
I'm a white male and my email included the same message. It's just standard for every email to people invited for interviews. Emory hasn't been spying on you.Im really confused. I submitted everything to Emory about two weeks ago but my application is still incomplete. What do they mean they need to manually check your LOR? How long did this take you guys?
A human being needs to log on to your file, download your letters, check them, then mark you as complete. Took a week for me, but I applied back in mid-July. I'm sure now they're bogged down with reviewing apps and offering interviews while dealing with a bunch of new apps coming in. You just gotta wait your turn.
Just got a II!!!! =)
Complete late July.
Complete late July.
Last edited:
Just got a II!!!! =)
Complete late July.
Congrats!!!
On their website Emory claims that they require an 11 on each MCAT sub score. Is this followed stringently concerning who they send interview invites to?
MCAT is a 14PS 10VR 12BS- hope my verbal score doesn't screw me over 🙁
Easy way to see this - if their 10th percentile for accepted MCAT is under a 33, then the rule must not be so rigid.
Yeah I'm not sure that's a requirement, maybe more of an ideal.
2
274631
On their website Emory claims that they require an 11 on each MCAT sub score. Is this followed stringently concerning who they send interview invites to?
MCAT is a 14PS 10VR 12BS- hope my verbal score doesn't screw me over 🙁
If you're talking about this line from their website, they're saying that those are the average stats of their accepted students, not that you're required to have those stats. Their 10th percentile MCAT is something like 31 so I don't think there's anyway they only accept people with an 11 and above on all sections. Your score is great, don't worry about it.Demonstration of a high level of scholarship (the means for those accepted: 3.7 GPA and 11 on the MCAT subtests)
On their website Emory claims that they require an 11 on each MCAT sub score. Is this followed stringently concerning who they send interview invites to?
MCAT is a 14PS 10VR 12BS- hope my verbal score doesn't screw me over 🙁
10, 13, 10 with an II here. =)
Can anyone with MSAR post the IS/OOS acceptance rate? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10, 13, 10 with an II here. =)
If you are worried about your VR score, I shouldnt have even bothered applying with my 12/6/14 haha. You don't have anything to worry about, IMO
If you are worried about your VR score, I shouldnt have even bothered applying with my 12/6/14 haha. You don't have anything to worry about, IMO
Sorry that was supposed to be in response to handiman
.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K