You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I thought she always sends the emails on his behalf?I didn't get the email till like 530 so maybe more emails will go out Monday. Don't panic you can never read to much into this process. Also I think the dean is away bc ms.walk sent my letter on his behalf.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get the email till like 530 so maybe more emails will go out Monday. Don't panic you can never read to much into this process. Also I think the dean is away bc ms.walk sent my letter on his behalf.
It'd be amazing if this were true. I feel like a major bottle-neck occurs when the Dean has to sign each applicant off.
I also got an "out of committee"email last Friday, but nothing today. I'm praying for some great news next week! I would love nothing more than to go to HowardDo they send out the e-mails in batches? I didn't hear anything from them
DOERS ANYONE HAVE an answer regarding if I am accepted or not. haha I'm suffering!!!
Does anyone have housing secured yet? Also is there a facebook group we can join?
I've been searching for apartments for the past few weeks. I'm looking to stay in Silver Spring, MD unless I can find a place comparable in a good area in DC. Howard is contracted with a few apt buildings, especially in Silver Spring, to provide housing to the grad students with no security deposit, an automatic pre approval, and some places a waived application fee.
There is a fb page but you have to send your deposits in. Once Ms. Walk receives them, she lets the liaisons know that you've been accepted and are welcome into the group. from there, they will accept your fb friend request. Hope all of this helped, @tommed
Ok I will cross my fingers and hope for good news!I didn't get the email till like 530 so maybe more emails will go out Monday. Don't panic you can never read to much into this process. Also I think the dean is away bc ms.walk sent my letter on his behalf.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email to call in? I interviewed on 3/11 tooDOERS ANYONE HAVE an answer regarding if I am accepted or not. haha I'm suffering!!!
I'm asking the same question. I have NOT received a rejection email and my application status still says "not scheduled yet" for the interview... I feel like I've been in limbo FOREVER. Anyone else with this problem??Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?
I have the same problem!I'm asking the same question. I have NOT received a rejection email and my application status still says "not scheduled yet" for the interview... I feel like I've been in limbo FOREVER. Anyone else with this problem??
Same here. No rejection yet and waiting to hear if they are still interviewing...this is painful!I have the same problem!
When does parp start?? What date??
Last year I believe they started May 20th.
When does parp start?? What date??
Congrats! When did you interview??Out-of Committee email! FINALLY
Congrats! When did you interview??
3/26
Out of committee!
Congrats!!!!ACCEPTED!!! Thank you Lord!!
Hi Everyone! To all the PARP-ers, if you are interested in subleasing for the duration of program, my roommate and I have the perfect apt in Hyattsville, MD. We are both going home for the summer but would love to help out our future HUCM family 🙂Please message me for more details. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It really is... have you emailed them to ask if they are still interviewing?? I did yesterday but haven't received a reply :/Same here. No rejection yet and waiting to hear if they are still interviewing...this is painful!
I have sent two emails and have yet to receive a response. Tried calling but I can't seem to get in touch with anyone. A bit discouraging but I guess it ain't over till it's over.It really is... have you emailed them to ask if they are still interviewing?? I did yesterday but haven't received a reply :/
I interviewed on the 23rd after y'all. Still waiting to hear when we go into commitee.Anyone else here interview 4/22?
I interviewed on the 23rd after y'all. Still waiting to hear when we go into commitee.
PARP accepted
I've been rooting for you!!! How/when did you hear??? Was it email/phone call?PARP accepted
Last edited:
Congratz! I told you, good news will come 😉PARP accepted
When will you start?
What are your stats if you do not mind sharing?PARP accepted
Thank you!!! So very much. I heard this past Friday through a call. I am very pleased!I've been rooting for you!!! How/when did you hear??? Was it email/phone call?
May 19th- right around the cornerCongratz! I told you, good news will come 😉
When will you start?
Phone call!I've been rooting for you!!! How/when did you hear??? Was it email/phone call?
I can't wait to see all of the people I interviewed with, everyone was lovely!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi PARPERS, you have a few days left of freedom lol...I did PARP last year and I am one of your Medstars for this summer. Feel free to message me for any questions or concerns. As for housing (i think I saw a post on subleasing), you have free housing this summer at East Towers on campus. We also stayed there last summer. It is very convenient as you transition to Howard medical school. If some of you are in the area now, we can arrange a meeting. Message me.
Mine was the exact date in the email! Good Luck!So generally, how accurate has the estimated date to call in for decision on the out-of-committee email been?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K