You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 New York University (NYU) Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
for the 1 year of English requirement, I took one rhet course, but the only other course I've taken pertaining to English was a Plants/Pathogens course (was mainly writing papers) which is listed under my school as an advanced composition course... is that fine?
Ive already graduated, so knowing I literally only need a semester of English would be a bummer
Ive already graduated, so knowing I literally only need a semester of English would be a bummer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who have interviewed, what is the schedule for the day?
Presentation by a faculty member (about school curriculum etc) + Q&A~ 1hr
Lunch with current students accompanied by a presentation (this one is more about student life) +Q&A ~ 1hr
Then you are either doing MMI (~75min) or going on a tour (~60min). The interviewees were split into two groups so while one group is going MMI the other is going on a tour then switch.
The day starts around 10:30am and ends around 3 or 3:30pm
🙂
Could someone post what interview dates are left? NYU's interviews stop mid-December so I'd like to know if I should stop holding my breath 🙁
Got an II today, Mid November was open (Nov 6- Nov 21)
Thanks Asklepios
NYU posted on twitter that they were sending out more II's today
NYU posted on twitter that they were sending out more II's today
whelp ... didn't get one here. :/
Could someone post what interview dates are left? NYU's interviews stop mid-December so I'd like to know if I should stop holding my breath 🙁
Last year, I didn't get an interview invitation from NYU until mid-November (secondary complete late August). Interviewed late November. Got accepted. Never give up until it's over 🙂
Last year, I didn't get an interview invitation from NYU until mid-November (secondary complete late August). Interviewed late November. Got accepted. Never give up until it's over 🙂
Hmm.. you think it's too early/panicky to send a letter of interest/update letter now? Seems like interview dates are already in mid-November which is nerve-wracking ...

Does anyone know what the Thank You note etiquette is for MMI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm.. you think it's too early/panicky to send a letter of interest/update letter now? Seems like interview dates are already in mid-November which is nerve-wracking ...![]()
+1
I would also like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this or experience trying this in past years or anything!
And hank you in advance 🙂
Oh wow. After visiting NYC and seeing Bellevue Hospital on the post-interview tour, I'd be hard pressed to name a school I'd turn NYU down for if they want me.
Oh wow. After visiting NYC and seeing Bellevue Hospital on the post-interview tour, I'd be hard pressed to name a school I'd turn NYU down for if they want me.
Harvard: "Well, jaybird117, we had the acceptance packet all ready to mail to you, but we saw your post on SDN. Best wishes for you and NYU!"
Harvard: "Well, jaybird117, we had the acceptance packet all ready to mail to you, but we saw your post on SDN. Best wishes for you and NYU!"

I honestly did not expect to enjoy the MMI as much as I did. The tour was great and Bellvue is absolutely amazing!
..
Last edited:
did people get complete Emails? on the secondary site it says to expect an Email in 4 to 6 weeks notifying you if your application is complete, but I haven't gotten one yet.
I never got an email but it tells you if your application is complete on the secondary app website.
did people get complete Emails? on the secondary site it says to expect an Email in 4 to 6 weeks notifying you if your application is complete, but I haven't gotten one yet.
I never got an email but it tells you if your application is complete on the secondary app website.
I received a complete email
"This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken."
To those who have interviews: check your status page.
Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013
Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?
Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013
Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?
To those who have interviews: check your status page.
Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013
Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?
I have it too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably some sort of glitch.
Any chance a non-urm white kid can get an interview to nyu with a 30 mcat. everything else is strong except that?
To those who have interviews: check your status page.
Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013
Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?
I would call them on Monday if it's still there. Hope it's not try!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those with interviews, did you receive an email about going to the Office of Diversity Affairs if you have time during your interview day?
Doesn't seem like a mandatory thing but I was wondering if anyone has gone and what it was like?
FYI: non-URM applicant.
Doesn't seem like a mandatory thing but I was wondering if anyone has gone and what it was like?
FYI: non-URM applicant.
To those who have interviews: check your status page.
Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013
Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?
I have it also. So don't worry. It's a glitch most likely.
anyone know an OOS applicant who has received an NYU interview with a 30 MCAT? It says 31 on MSAR is 10th percentile...so will they even offer interviews to 30s?
+1. I would love to know this too
interview invite !
Harvard: "Well, jaybird117, we had the acceptance packet all ready to mail to you, but we saw your post on SDN. Best wishes for you and NYU!"
/headdesk
.
interview invite !
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your completion date?
Just received an II! Interview date late November.
Finally - haven't heard anything from schools for about the past month.
OOS/ 3.6 / 36
Complete 9/9
Finally - haven't heard anything from schools for about the past month.
OOS/ 3.6 / 36
Complete 9/9
Mistaken post in wrong thread, please delete
whew.
.
+1i have it also. So don't worry. It's a glitch most likely.
completed 9/18
interview received 10/9
interview received 10/9
Last edited:
for those of you have already interviewed here, do you end the MMI with a traditional style group interview? or is it just the eight six-minute mini interviews?
also, any tips? should i bring snacks hehe? 🙂
also, any tips? should i bring snacks hehe? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your completion date?
complete 8/23
for those of you have already interviewed here, do you end the MMI with a traditional style group interview? or is it just the eight six-minute mini interviews?
also, any tips? should i bring snacks hehe? 🙂
No traditional interview. Last year, NYU was phasing in the MMI so they had both. This year it's just the MMI. And relax, it's really not that bad.