2013-2014 New York University (NYU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recent invites?

Members don't see this ad.

got an II this afternoon!!!!! complete late july!

for the 1 year of English requirement, I took one rhet course, but the only other course I've taken pertaining to English was a Plants/Pathogens course (was mainly writing papers) which is listed under my school as an advanced composition course... is that fine?

Ive already graduated, so knowing I literally only need a semester of English would be a bummer

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if NYU is receptive to post-interview update letters?

Rejected MSTP on 9/24. Still hoping for an MD II.

for those who have interviewed, what is the schedule for the day?

for those who have interviewed, what is the schedule for the day?

Presentation by a faculty member (about school curriculum etc) + Q&A~ 1hr
Lunch with current students accompanied by a presentation (this one is more about student life) +Q&A ~ 1hr
Then you are either doing MMI (~75min) or going on a tour (~60min). The interviewees were split into two groups so while one group is going MMI the other is going on a tour then switch.

The day starts around 10:30am and ends around 3 or 3:30pm

:)

Could someone post what interview dates are left? NYU's interviews stop mid-December so I'd like to know if I should stop holding my breath :(

NYU posted on twitter that they were sending out more II's today

Could someone post what interview dates are left? NYU's interviews stop mid-December so I'd like to know if I should stop holding my breath :(

Last year, I didn't get an interview invitation from NYU until mid-November (secondary complete late August). Interviewed late November. Got accepted. Never give up until it's over :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, I didn't get an interview invitation from NYU until mid-November (secondary complete late August). Interviewed late November. Got accepted. Never give up until it's over :)

Hmm.. you think it's too early/panicky to send a letter of interest/update letter now? Seems like interview dates are already in mid-November which is nerve-wracking ... :scared:

Does anyone know what the Thank You note etiquette is for MMI?

Hmm.. you think it's too early/panicky to send a letter of interest/update letter now? Seems like interview dates are already in mid-November which is nerve-wracking ... :scared:

+1

I would also like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this or experience trying this in past years or anything!

And hank you in advance :)

Oh wow. After visiting NYC and seeing Bellevue Hospital on the post-interview tour, I'd be hard pressed to name a school I'd turn NYU down for if they want me.

Oh wow. After visiting NYC and seeing Bellevue Hospital on the post-interview tour, I'd be hard pressed to name a school I'd turn NYU down for if they want me.

Harvard: "Well, jaybird117, we had the acceptance packet all ready to mail to you, but we saw your post on SDN. Best wishes for you and NYU!"

I honestly did not expect to enjoy the MMI as much as I did. The tour was great and Bellvue is absolutely amazing!

they do a good mmi. ive been to other schools with a very similar mmi format (and questions) and didnt feel nearly as positive about it. nyus interview setup and presumably the way they train/select interviewers is really great

Hey guys,

Hope everything is going well with your application process. I was hoping if you guys can tell me if it's too late to submit secondaries at NYU. I know their interview season is pretty short and they are almost 1/3 way done. Thanks!

Best,

did people get complete Emails? on the secondary site it says to expect an Email in 4 to 6 weeks notifying you if your application is complete, but I haven't gotten one yet.

did people get complete Emails? on the secondary site it says to expect an Email in 4 to 6 weeks notifying you if your application is complete, but I haven't gotten one yet.

I never got an email but it tells you if your application is complete on the secondary app website.

I never got an email but it tells you if your application is complete on the secondary app website.

I received a complete email

"This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken."

To those who have interviews: check your status page.

Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013

Hope this is a mistake. Or is it a leak? Anyone have something different?

Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013

I have it too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably some sort of glitch.

Any chance a non-urm white kid can get an interview to nyu with a 30 mcat. everything else is strong except that?

Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013

I would call them on Monday if it's still there. Hope it's not try!

For those with interviews, did you receive an email about going to the Office of Diversity Affairs if you have time during your interview day?

Doesn't seem like a mandatory thing but I was wondering if anyone has gone and what it was like?

FYI: non-URM applicant.

Mine says:
Waitlisted 3/1/2013

I have it also. So don't worry. It's a glitch most likely.

anyone know an OOS applicant who has received an NYU interview with a 30 MCAT? It says 31 on MSAR is 10th percentile...so will they even offer interviews to 30s?

anyone know an OOS applicant who has received an NYU interview with a 30 MCAT? It says 31 on MSAR is 10th percentile...so will they even offer interviews to 30s?

+1. I would love to know this too

Just received an II! Interview date late November.

Finally - haven't heard anything from schools for about the past month.

OOS/ 3.6 / 36
Complete 9/9

completed 9/18
interview received 10/9

Last edited:
for those of you have already interviewed here, do you end the MMI with a traditional style group interview? or is it just the eight six-minute mini interviews?

also, any tips? should i bring snacks hehe? :)

Anyone been rejected? Or does nyu do silent rejections?

for those of you have already interviewed here, do you end the MMI with a traditional style group interview? or is it just the eight six-minute mini interviews?

also, any tips? should i bring snacks hehe? :)

No traditional interview. Last year, NYU was phasing in the MMI so they had both. This year it's just the MMI. And relax, it's really not that bad.

I'm guessing NYU does silent rejections? Been complete since 7/22 :(