You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 NYU (Grossman)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
worriedproposal
Full Member
+1 OOS II, completed 7/2 LM 81. I only saw october interview dates available when I went to schedule.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bunsglazing4
Full Member
+1 OOS II this morning! LM 82, complete 7/4.
I originally got an II on august 1st, but due to website issues couldn't schedule it until I received an email on August 4th that it had been fixed. I made the mistake of not scheduling right away (am moving in early September and was trying to gauge if I should schedule late September). I revisited the scheduler and the most recent availability was October 28th! I think I'm being neurotic but I'm stressed out that I might've hurt my chances a little by waiting those two days and getting an interview spot over a month later than when I was originally planning. Does anyone have an honest answer as to if my 2 day delay in scheduling was detrimental to my application?
It's absolutely not going to be detrimental. You can think of it as having more time to prepare for the interview. The fact that you got an II in their first wave means that you have a strong chance.I originally got an II on august 1st, but due to website issues couldn't schedule it until I received an email on August 4th that it had been fixed. I made the mistake of not scheduling right away (am moving in early September and was trying to gauge if I should schedule late September). I revisited the scheduler and the most recent availability was October 28th! I think I'm being neurotic but I'm stressed out that I might've hurt my chances a little by waiting those two days and getting an interview spot over a month later than when I was originally planning. Does anyone have an honest answer as to if my 2 day delay in scheduling was detrimental to my application?
Seems like it, based on previous years they'll probably send out the next wave in late SeptemberSo do we think the first wave of IIs is over? Still waiting, finished app 07/11 LM 82.
choppedunc67
Full Member
Yes, certainly. The earlier the better. With fewer acceptances given out, you're competing for a greater number of seats in the incoming class. Early II is a good thing.
Hi guys, I got an interview from NYU a few days ago that I'm really excited for but can't help but feel intimidated. I feel like I'm not as competitive as everyone else who is interviewing and don't really know if I stand a chance at the end of the day. Does my II being a little earlier help my chances at all?
smartcat2022
Full Member
I'm a little confused by their website, but are they rolling admissions or do they send out all acceptances at once? In that case does it really change anything?Yes, certainly. The earlier the better. With fewer acceptances given out, you're competing for a greater number of seats in the incoming class. Early II is a good thing.
flykidfrombk
Full Member
According to cycletrack, last cycle, they started sending out acceptances as early as the end of September, and they came out in waves throughout the cycle, so they're definitely rolling. You can check it out for yourself here.I'm a little confused by their website, but are they rolling admissions or do they send out all acceptances at once? In that case does it really change anything?
New York University - Grossman
CycleTrack is a free system for tracking and visualizing medical school applications while crowdsourcing data to make admissions more transparent.
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
+1 IS II
Submitted 7/2
MD only
LM 83
Submitted 7/2
MD only
LM 83
Last edited:
flykidfrombk
Full Member
Are the Thursday info sessions mandatory? I'm not really sure from the language in the email, and I can't find anything ab it online.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quirkybric2040
Full Member
For those that are submitting in august, when would the next interview wave be?
would it be beneficial to submit the tertiary application before getting a II (or pre II R)? i have a very strong background/interest in a specialty that is included in their list of residencies to match into and it sounds like a really good program for me, but i dont want to waste any more of my time on these god forsaken essays if i'm just going to get rejected anyway lol
Turbotime1000
New Member
Chat are we sending thank-you letters after the MMI? I know they said optional, but is it necessary?
If you don't mind me asking, how was the MMI vibe-wise? Did it feel like they were grilling you or more chill?Chat are we sending thank-you letters after the MMI? I know they said optional, but is it necessary?
Pretty chill for me.If you don't mind me asking, how was the MMI vibe-wise? Did it feel like they were grilling you or more chill?
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
Anyone know how many waves of interviews they typically do?
healthcarebosse
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R, submitted 07/24
cheesefries03
Full Member
Did you get an email about this?+1 OOS pre-II R, submitted 07/24
Does anyone have advice on submitting updates to schools that allow them? I recently had papers published where i was an author (never have before) and I want to update them but unsure how to format. Should i just submit a pdf of the paper(s) or a pdf type up saying that i published with a link?
samplam
Full Member
What is a CR?+1 OOS post-II CR
Does anyone have any info on what overall chances of admission are after a CR? I know Dean Rivera said that they give a lot more CR than A early in the season.
Continued review - basically they're not accepting you now but you're in the running at future committee meetings.What is a CR?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm...I wonder if that's the same thing as a hold?Continued review - basically they're not accepting you now but you're in the running at future committee meetings.
Similar but post-II. Usually a hold is pre interview.Hmm...I wonder if that's the same thing as a hold?
I believe he said that they reject about 10-20% of applicants post-interview and they don't accept a lot of people early on. I also remember him saying not to feel too sad if you get a CR, because many of those applicants do end up getting As (someone correct me if I am wrong though, but it seems like the case based on previous year's SDN thread as well). So don't feel too bad!! You're in the top 80 to 90% of interviews and you're still in the running!+1 OOS post-II CR
Does anyone have any info on what overall chances of admission are after a CR? I know Dean Rivera said that they give a lot more CR than A early in the season.
I'm also anxiously waiting results and tempted to delete my email app from my phone lol, although I interviewed in the second week.
Same here. I am bummed as I thought the interview(s) went very well.+1 OOS post-II CR
Does anyone have any info on what overall chances of admission are after a CR? I know Dean Rivera said that they give a lot more CR than A early in the season.
What day did you interveiw? I interviewed last week and didnt hear anything yetSame here. I am bummed as I thought the interview(s) went very well.
I interviewed on 9/9.What day did you interveiw? I interviewed last week and didnt hear anything yet
I believe he said that they reject about 10-20% of applicants post-interview and they don't accept a lot of people early on. I also remember him saying not to feel too sad if you get a CR, because many of those applicants do end up getting As (someone correct me if I am wrong though, but it seems like the case based on previous year's SDN thread as well). So don't feel too bad!! You're in the top 80 to 90% of interviews and you're still in the running!
I'm also anxiously waiting results and tempted to delete my email app from my phone lol, although I interviewed in the second
got it! I guess I will have to sit tight for another few days 🙁I interviewed on 9/9.
healthcarebosse
Full Member
yesDid you get an email about this?
chummyplum
Full Member
Don’t results come out earliest Oct 15Has anyone who interviewed week of 9/17 heard back yet?? I know it'll probably be friday but the anticipation is killing meee![]()
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
Don’t results come out earliest Oct 15
Dean Rivera also said they send out some rejections and (very few) acceptances before then as well! 🙂 The Oct 15 date is more of a suggestionSome schools will inform you beforehand if you will be placed on Continued Review, which essentially means being put on hold.
Was wondering same! I'm also guessing friday but all this waiting is hard!Has anyone who interviewed week of 9/17 heard back yet?? I know it might be friday but the anticipation is killing meee![]()
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
+1 IS Continued Review! Interviewed 9/17
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
I'm so sorry 😢I know there are plenty of As in your future it’ll all pay off!IS post II R
This hurts really bad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aprilandaflower
Full Member
Closed file. The entire MMI experience is an opportunity to steer the conversation and showcase your best self! Good luck!Hey guys, my interview is coming up this Wednesday. I was wondering if the traditional-interview station within the MMI is open or closed file?
Also, if you have any last-minute tips and tricks, that would be great 🙂
Thank you!
Thank you so much!!Closed file. The entire MMI experience is an opportunity to steer the conversation and showcase your best self! Good luck!
In my experience there were follow-up questions. Pretty interesting, too. I almost wish I had more time at the stations lol.Does anyone know if interviewers will ask follow-up questions? Or are we expected to fill the time? Thanks!
Thank you! Lol it sounds like a fun experienceIn my experience there were follow-up questions. Pretty interesting, too. I almost wish I had more time at the stations lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K