-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 New York University (NYU) Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I feel like there's a decent chance they could be done soon, but it's too speculative to say that they're done. If they were done, we'd see a massive stream of rejections to all remaining candidates.so is the consensus that nyu is done handing out interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone who has interviewed already tell me if any of the MMI stations involves actors? Or is everything simply directly answering the prompt? Thanks.
I don't think we can give that info given that we signed a nondisclosure agreement. If you want to ask, the admissions office is probably the best place to call (or IM, since they have an IM feature on their site now).
so is the consensus that nyu is done handing out interviews?
I got an interview invite yesterday, November 5. I was completed 10/17.
NYU has a 50% acceptance rate????????? Where is this glorious data to be found? NYU is far and away my top choice. I interviewed and have been feeling like there is just no chance at all. But 1 in 2 is pretty darn amazing. If someone wants to send me the link please do because I have found no such information yet. MSAR only gives number of matriculants 🙁
NYU has a 50% acceptance rate????????? Where is this glorious data to be found? NYU is far and away my top choice. I interviewed and have been feeling like there is just no chance at all. But 1 in 2 is pretty darn amazing. If someone wants to send me the link please do because I have found no such information yet. MSAR only gives number of matriculants 🙁
USNews has the accepted numbers. You have to buy it to get them.
NYU has a 50% acceptance rate????????? Where is this glorious data to be found? NYU is far and away my top choice. I interviewed and have been feeling like there is just no chance at all. But 1 in 2 is pretty darn amazing. If someone wants to send me the link please do because I have found no such information yet. MSAR only gives number of matriculants 🙁
Most recent available NYU stats:NYU has a 50% acceptance rate????????? Where is this glorious data to be found? NYU is far and away my top choice. I interviewed and have been feeling like there is just no chance at all. But 1 in 2 is pretty darn amazing. If someone wants to send me the link please do because I have found no such information yet. MSAR only gives number of matriculants 🙁
Applied: 8351
Interviewed: 968
Accepted: 488
Enrolled: 158
I
Im pretty sure these stats are from U.S as I have an account and they just dont seem right. there's no way theres a 50% acceptance rate.Most recent available NYU stats:
Applied: 8351
Interviewed: 968
Accepted: 488
Enrolled: 158
II today! There are still dates open from December 4th to December 19th. I was complete 8/27.
II today! There are still dates open from December 4th to December 19th. I was complete 8/27.
Yay! Congrats and thank you for sharing!
Hey everyone.
I was completed on 9/5 and uploaded an abstract later that month. Still no word from them (and many other schools). Did any of you decide to upload letters of interest/intent prior to the II? I'm not sure if it would be very useful considering I have nothing new to tell them. I would essentially just be re-explaining why I want to attend NYU. Any suggesttions?
Thanks!
I was completed on 9/5 and uploaded an abstract later that month. Still no word from them (and many other schools). Did any of you decide to upload letters of interest/intent prior to the II? I'm not sure if it would be very useful considering I have nothing new to tell them. I would essentially just be re-explaining why I want to attend NYU. Any suggesttions?
Thanks!
I
Im pretty sure these stats are from U.S as I have an account and they just dont seem right. there's no way theres a 50% acceptance rate.
Yeah I think they accept about 50% of interviewees. Not 50% of total applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my interview invite today!
My application was completed on 10/13
Congrats! That's awesome. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm assuming this wave of IIs will be the last.
Congrats! That's awesome. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm assuming this wave of IIs will be the last.
Ok, my stats are as follows:
MCAT: 37Q (14PS, 10VR, 13BS)
cGPA: 3.99
Year: 4th
IS/OOS: International (Canadian)
ECs: Honestly somewhat lacking. I've worked as a tutor and a TA, I have extensive leadership experience and volunteering, I've been involved in sports throughout my education, but I have no research experience and only 20 hours of hospital shadowing (with no hospital volunteering).
I hope this helps 🙂
If you want to know more I can try to reply when I see it, but otherwise I hang around on Premed101 quite often (same username).
Just interviewed here this week - what a whirlwind! The MMI went super fast but was very enjoyable.
Anyone know how NYU does acceptances? their site says it's rolling, but that everyone will be notified in Jan. Do they send it out in batches every week or something...?
Anyone know how NYU does acceptances? their site says it's rolling, but that everyone will be notified in Jan. Do they send it out in batches every week or something...?
I think like last year we can expect a trickle of acceptances in mid December, a larger batch in Jan and probably rolling hence forth. No idea how often people are notified.
Ok, my stats are as follows:
MCAT: 37Q (14PS, 10VR, 13BS)
cGPA: 3.99
Year: 4th
IS/OOS: International (Canadian)
ECs: Honestly somewhat lacking. I've worked as a tutor and a TA, I have extensive leadership experience and volunteering, I've been involved in sports throughout my education, but I have no research experience and only 20 hours of hospital shadowing (with no hospital volunteering).
I hope this helps 🙂
If you want to know more I can try to reply when I see it, but otherwise I hang around on Premed101 quite often (same username).
Thanks so much for the response! Congrats again and good luck!
Just got a II, interviewing 12/5!
Oh hello. Apparently there are still invites floating around out there.
what are people's opinions on sending letters of interest/ update to NYU after interviewing? I interviewed here recently (within the past week) and I absolutely loved it and I would really love to go here. I was thinking about sending them a letter and letting them know. Is it too soon for that? Would it help at this point?
what are people's opinions on sending letters of interest/ update to NYU after interviewing? I interviewed here recently (within the past week) and I absolutely loved it and I would really love to go here. I was thinking about sending them a letter and letting them know. Is it too soon for that? Would it help at this point?
Too soon. From what it looked like (based on the fact that they said during interview day that our MMI scores would be averaged), NYU also has a ranking system post-interview so sending in one or a million updates won't change your rank.
Noooooooo! That's depressing news 🙁I asked if any more ii were going to come out after this. The office said they don't know because the admissions committee decides this. Although since their last interview day is Dec 17th. I think they are basically done....
+1Noooooooo! That's depressing news 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II. Complete back in late August. Available dates were from the second and third week of December. Last day is 12/19.
Just got an II. Complete back in late August. Available dates were from the second and third week of December. Last day is 12/19.
Congrats! Looks like they are still rollings these out.
Just got an II. Complete back in late August. Available dates were from the second and third week of December. Last day is 12/19.
Congrats!
Did you send an update letter or anything?
Just got an II. Complete back in late August. Available dates were from the second and third week of December. Last day is 12/19.
congrats..my hope's been restored.
Did you send an update letter or anything?
Nope! No Update letter!
NYU's last interview day last cycle was Jan 25th. I wonder why they shortened it so much this year....
Last year they got hit by Sandy.
Last year they got hit by Sandy.
duh! dunno how I forgot about that!
Does anyone know when admissions decisions will be released?
Duplicate post
Duplicate post
First ones come out in the 3rd week of January, says admissions.
First ones come out in the 3rd week of January, says admissions.
They always say that but they end up accepting people in November/mid December.
They always say that but they end up accepting people in November/mid December.
At my interview they said they had sent decisions in December last year but decided to push it back. But you're right, you lever know! Starting to get paranoid every time I check my email...
At my interview they said they had sent decisions in December last year but decided to push it back. But you're right, you lever know! Starting to get paranoid every time I check my email...
They called some people last year too. Supposedly NYU was going to send out acceptances last year in November but pushed it back to December because of Sandy.
Lol I'm tired of checking my email only to find some spam email from Amazon. I want to
when that happens lol.They always say that but they end up accepting people in November/mid December.
Yep, they have already accepted some MSTP applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the first batch of decisions will be released? MSAR says Dec 1 but past years' threads seem to indicate that decisions don't start coming out until mid-December or later.
AHHH. i wish these would come out soon. seriously. sigh. I want to know. What do you guys think about going to nyu in terms of finances ? Would it cost significantly more? do you think that would be worth it lets say compared to going to your state school or another comparable private school ?
Hmm.. I think it really depends. Maybe look up the estimated cost of attendance for both schools and see how they compare? Hopefully those numbers are adjusted for respective living costs/standard of living.
AHHH. i wish these would come out soon. seriously. sigh. I want to know. What do you guys think about going to nyu in terms of finances ? Would it cost significantly more? do you think that would be worth it lets say compared to going to your state school or another comparable private school ?