Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
masters can be done with free tuition?The MD curriculum itself is 3 years, but you have the option of tacking on a research option or masters program
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
masters can be done with free tuition?The MD curriculum itself is 3 years, but you have the option of tacking on a research option or masters program
Nope, the masters would have tuition. But the research year is typically funded (by the lab or PI you work with), in my understanding at least!masters can be done with free tuition?
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to read into it too much! You’ll see tons of posts from people who got into the school where they were sure they bombed the MMI and got rejected from the one they thought they nailed. At least that's what I'm telling myself because every MMI has felt terrible after, but I try to remind myself that they are actually supposed to be less biased than traditional interviews, even if they are less fun in the moment.Y'all, I highley bombed yesterday's MMI... I'm wondering why I'm even attending today's informational sessions 😭
Dean Rivera said himself that students are really bad at knowing how they did in MMI and that some current students say they thought they bombed it but clearly that isnt true since they got admitted 🙂Y'all, I highley bombed yesterday's MMI... I'm wondering why I'm even attending today's informational sessions 😭
you the GOAT for thisDean Rivera said that there will be about 100 acceptance offers sent out beginning within the next few weeks and continuing through the end of December (early January at the latest). He also said that there will be about 50 waitlist notifications sent out in this first wave. As to the second wave, he said that it will come once students are required to narrow down their offers (April 15th), and that about 40 offers will come in small batches over the succeeding weeks.
He said that he makes the acceptance phone calls on Fridays and Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays, and only very rarely on Wednesdays and Thursdays. He'll call again if you don't pick up.
you're awesome for that thank you!Dean Rivera said that there will be about 100 acceptance offers sent out beginning within the next few weeks and continuing through the end of December (early January at the latest). He also said that there will be about 50 waitlist notifications sent out in this first wave. As to the second wave, he said that it will come once students are required to narrow down their offers (April 15th), and that about 40 offers will come in small batches over the succeeding weeks.
He said that he makes the acceptance phone calls on Fridays and Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays, and only very rarely on Wednesdays and Thursdays. He'll call again if you don't pick up.
fryou the GOAT for this
Do you know why a second wave when students are required to narrow down their offers?Dean Rivera said that there will be about 100 acceptance offers sent out beginning within the next few weeks and continuing through the end of December (early January at the latest). He also said that there will be about 50 waitlist notifications sent out in this first wave. As to the second wave, he said that it will come once students are required to narrow down their offers (April 15th), and that about 40 offers will come in small batches over the succeeding weeks.
He said that he makes the acceptance phone calls on Fridays and Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays, and only very rarely on Wednesdays and Thursdays. He'll call again if you don't pick up.
because once some people withdraw their acceptance more seats open up!Do you know why a second wave when students are required to narrow down their offers?
I think so 🙁Does this mean NYU is done sending interviews, or nearing an end?
yes!Is the Kira check in progress supposed to be at 75% until we actually do the interview?
I did one generalized thank you letter to the committee as a whole and "all of my MMI interviewers"how did people do thank you letters? feels excessive to thank all 6 of your interviewers individually. do you just include a general thank you to the admissions committee? I personally had a brief thank you paragraph included with a publication update. just want to get a sense of how everyone else approached it though!
Your MMIs are completely closed file (including the traditional station within the MMI). So no difference - I sent my update letter right after my interview along with the thank-you noteI have an interview at NYU for next Wednesday! I was curious if anyone had insight into whether update letters factor into the MMI? Is it worth it to send an update letter before the interview, or should I wait until after the interview and info session to have more to speak about in my letter?
Best wishes for your interview tomorrow. Will you able to report how many admissions already gone out and by what date they expect to give out all admissions for this cycle- possibly by January 2nd Friday? Waittist and rejections from CR likely early JanuaryI have an interview at NYU for next Wednesday! I was curious if anyone had insight into whether update letters factor into the MMI? Is it worth it to send an update letter before the interview, or should I wait until after the interview and info session to have more to speak about in my letter?
yet unlike prevous years, you need to be on it to get accepted!For the CR email being a good thing, it sure does read like you barely made the cut... feels more like a waitlist than a status that anyone not rejected has to go through 🤣
congrats!!!! did you guys get the call just now or earlier in the day?I can't believe I'm saying this but A!!!!!! 😭
Oops sorry it was around 4pm 🙂thank youcongrats!!!! did you guys get the call just now or earlier in the day?
They explained the whole process, it's pretty lengthy and complicated. But basically, after interviewing they reject about 25% of interviewees and CR the other 75%. Then they slowly offer As to people that were CRed through January, then reject or waitlist the remaining applicants and are done by about May. So, tldr, everybody gets CRed, then it just depends on what happens from thereFor the CR email being a good thing, it sure does read like you barely made the cut... feels more like a waitlist than a status that anyone not rejected has to go through 🤣
December 10th (today) is the last day for interviewsDoes anyone know what the last day they are running interviews on is? I know someone has reported having one tomorrow (Dec 10). Has anyone seen later options when selecting a day and/or heard of there being an option past Dec 10? Thanks!
Thanks! How do you know this?December 10th (today) is the last day for interviews
for anyone at the interview info sesh today, can you share any cycle updates with us?
+1 as well. I knew it was coming but still hurt 😭+1 OOS R!
Based on what Rivera said in the info session and if I remember correctly, there's still the possibility of getting accepted straight up, no CR right?They explained the whole process, it's pretty lengthy and complicated. But basically, after interviewing they reject about 25% of interviewees and CR the other 75%. Then they slowly offer As to people that were CRed through January, then reject or waitlist the remaining applicants and are done by about May. So, tldr, everybody gets CRed, then it just depends on what happens from there
From my understanding if you interviewed recently you could go straight to A and not on CR at all, but i don't know if he specifically stated thisBased on what Rivera said in the info session and if I remember correctly, there's still the possibility of getting accepted straight up, no CR right?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.