You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 NYU (Grossman)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
coffmants
Full Member
I don't remember him saying that, but that doesn't mean it can't happen 🤷♂️Based on what Rivera said in the info session and if I remember correctly, there's still the possibility of getting accepted straight up, no CR right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EllaEnchanted248
Full Member
+1 Pre-II OOS R
Last edited:
Pre-II OOS R yesterday. Well, at least I don't have to worry about bombing an MMI
axpathetic
Full Member
Pre-II OOS R on 12/12
5pinalc0rd
Full Member
Do most/all initial CR/R/A decisions come out on Fridays?
I received my CR email on a Monday.Do most/all initial CR/R/A decisions come out on Fridays?
certifiedloverboy
New Member
Right?! hahahaI am probably overthinking this, but shouldn't we have seen a few more reported acceptances this past week given the first look dates? I'm anxiously staring at my phone 24/7 😭
One would think so...I am probably overthinking this, but shouldn't we have seen a few more reported acceptances this past week given the first look dates? I'm anxiously staring at my phone 24/7 😭
Probably not would be my guess. From what I remember, there are 64 interviewees per interview day. I think they will wait to give out the remaining ~65 acceptances until everyone's app has been scored to give everyone a fair chance. I think the reason they gave out about 65/130 As is there's not a way this can disadvantage the most recent group.
Once everyone's app is scored, I think we should see the remaining As flood in. Just my hypothesis.
Once everyone's app is scored, I think we should see the remaining As flood in. Just my hypothesis.
5pinalc0rd
Full Member
+1 CR, interviewed 12/2
Same +1 CR, interviewed 12/2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cubsfan2016
Full Member
Anyone get decisions from 12/9 interviews yet?
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
Nope, sadly. I’m shocked there haven’t been calls last week/this week at all…Anyone get decisions from 12/9 interviews yet?
cubsfan2016
Full Member
I would imagine they're coming after Christmas but before new years?Nope, sadly. I’m shocked there haven’t been calls last week/this week at all…
5pinalc0rd
Full Member
Someone reported an A call today on the admit forumI would imagine they're coming after Christmas but before new years?
5pinalc0rd
Full Member
Anything today?
Looks like two A's so far on admit. Looks like things are moving.Anything today?
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
Anyone from 12/9 hear anything?
cubsfan2016
Full Member
Just got the CR today.Anyone from 12/9 hear anything?
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
+1 CR interviewed 12/9
crustycrab
New Member
+1 CR interviewed 12/10
Anyone from 12/9-12/10 get an A? Or do we suspect that they're going to put all of us on CR/R and then send out As at a later date?
Anyone from 12/9-12/10 get an A? Or do we suspect that they're going to put all of us on CR/R and then send out As at a later date?
So for the CR people who haven't heard back yet are we cooked
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst 🙁So for the CR people who haven't heard back yet are we cooked
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
I am wondering the same…+1 CR interviewed 12/10
Anyone from 12/9-12/10 get an A? Or do we suspect that they're going to put all of us on CR/R and then send out As at a later date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
Perhaps we will hear tomorrow 🤞🏻
I interviewed on 10/1 and was put on CR. Hasn't second look already happened lol? So does that mean it's over 😁😀?
Also, I remember them saying that LOIs don't do anything at this point, but should I send an update letter (got a new publication and updated hours from what I put was anticipated)? Thanks!
Also, I remember them saying that LOIs don't do anything at this point, but should I send an update letter (got a new publication and updated hours from what I put was anticipated)? Thanks!
pinkfluffyunicorn
Full Member
first look but not second look! i'm not sure if they will be accepting more applicants before april though. also, i believe they welcome letters of interest at any point (just not letters of intent until you're waitlisted). if you have substantive updates, probably can't hurt!I interviewed on 10/1 and was put on CR. Hasn't second look already happened lol? So does that mean it's over 😁😀?
Also, I remember them saying that LOIs don't do anything at this point, but should I send an update letter (got a new publication and updated hours from what I put was anticipated)? Thanks!
cubsfan2016
Full Member
CR -> R 1/28. Interviewed 12/9. 🥲
greenhondacivic
Full Member
OOS post-II CR->R for me as well! II on 8/5 interviewed 10/15
+1 OOS post-II R. Complete 07/15, LM 82.90, Interviewed 10/22. Rejected around 1 hour ago.
worriedproposal
Full Member
+1 OOS WL LM 81!
dancergirl1170
Full Member
+ 1 OOS WL, interviewed 12/10. Does anyone know if anyone from 12/9 or 12/10 interview dates got As at all? Or were we all a random WL/R destined batch?
I interviewed on 12/9 and got WL 🙁+ 1 OOS WL, interviewed 12/10. Does anyone know if anyone from 12/9 or 12/10 interview dates got As at all? Or were we all a random WL/R destined batch?
premedfly9
Full Member
Anyone know what waitlist movement looks like?
cubsfan2016
Full Member
MSAR says 50 but I think that's a bit generous. If I'm not mistaken, I believe dean Rivera said somewhere around 30, but it fluctuates significantly depending on the year. I'd imagine their yield is really high with free tuition. Best of luck mate!Anyone know what waitlist movement looks like?
Sharing for the next set of applicants:
On behalf of the NYU Grossman School of Medicine Office of Admissions & Financial Aid, I’m pleased to invite you and your students to attend one of our upcoming Virtual Undergraduate Campus Visits this spring. These sessions are designed to provide an overview of our curriculum, student life, and the admissions process, followed by a Q&A with current medical students.
We will be offering four dates for this event; each session will take place via Zoom from 6:00–7:00 PM ET, and registration is required for attendance. (Let us know if these links don't work.)
On behalf of the NYU Grossman School of Medicine Office of Admissions & Financial Aid, I’m pleased to invite you and your students to attend one of our upcoming Virtual Undergraduate Campus Visits this spring. These sessions are designed to provide an overview of our curriculum, student life, and the admissions process, followed by a Q&A with current medical students.
We will be offering four dates for this event; each session will take place via Zoom from 6:00–7:00 PM ET, and registration is required for attendance. (Let us know if these links don't work.)
- Thursday, February 5, 2026
- Tuesday, February 17, 2026
- Thursday, March 5, 2026
- Thursday, March 24, 2026
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
janiksinnerfan
New Member
anyone else in waitlist boat on here, we just gotta wait until late April/May and prob won't hear back till then?
premedfly9
Full Member
Adding to this, does NYU want letters of interest/intent?anyone else in waitlist boat on here, we just gotta wait until late April/May and prob won't hear back till then?
dancergirl1170
Full Member
for fellow waitlisted people, NYU is sending out emails for the waitlist webinar — does anyone else think it's weird they're sending an RSVP for the mini NYU second look? feels cruel to RSVP yes then have to cancel if you eventually don't get off the waitlist :/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K