-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 NYU (Grossman)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
I don't think they do. Plus, it should be irrelevant.For MMIs, do they tell you who your interviewers are beforehand? I haven't received anything and nothing is in my portal.
Nah, that’d defeat the point of an MMI (to eliminate bias)For MMIs, do they tell you who your interviewers are beforehand? I haven't received anything and nothing is in my portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember dean Rivera saying that about 1/3 of acceptances go out in some early timeframe and about 2/3 go out after that but I can't remember the dates. Does anyone remember what that "early timeframe" was? (Like october to mid november maybe? October to the start of december?)
smartcat2022
Full Member
I believe all he said was the 1st half of the cycle! Since they stop interviewing in December I would imagine that means by end of OctoberI remember dean Rivera saying that about 1/3 of acceptances go out in some early timeframe and about 2/3 go out after that but I can't remember the dates. Does anyone remember what that "early timeframe" was? (Like october to mid november maybe? October to the start of december?)
people start hearing about now.I believe all he said was the 1st half of the cycle! Since they stop interviewing in December I would imagine that means by end of October
smartcat2022
Full Member
Yes, in the info session yesterday he mentioned that the first trickle of acceptances will likely start next friday as they were running behindpeople start hearing about now.
So has everyone gotten either R or continued review so far?Yes, in the info session yesterday he mentioned that the first trickle of acceptances will likely start next friday as they were running behind
confusedpringle
Full Member
does anyone know when the second wave of interviews might be coming out?
smartcat2022
Full Member
I'm guessing so? He also told us that most of the As come from the CR pile so that would make sense to have only those out at the momentSo has everyone gotten either R or continued review so far?
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
Any updates from people who had info session today?Yes, in the info session yesterday he mentioned that the first trickle of acceptances will likely start next friday as they were running behind
confusedpringle
Full Member
are we expecting a second interview wave at the end of november like last cycle?
greenhondacivic
Full Member
i was there today! dean rivera did reiterate that they were running behind, and that most of the first wave of acceptances will likely go out from late november to late december. if you secure a post-II CR, that's good bc it means you're still in the running for an A.Any updates from people who had info session today?![]()
good luck everybody!!
I believe so, check this thread from 2 or so weeks agoDid anyone get a post II CR/R yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aprilandaflower
Full Member
+1 post-II CR, interviewed on 10/01
+1 post-II CR, interviewed 9/30. honestly shocked, feel like i did pretty bad in the interview
I have... kind of an embarrassing question, I think. Does anyone know if you're allowed to leave the room (e.g., to use the bathroom) during the MMI rest stations? I'm not sure if you're just supposed to stay in front of the computer or not. (Or if it makes a difference when you're done with all the interviewer stations at that point.)
flykidfrombk
Full Member
i think you should be good to do that, but you can ask during the orientation in the morning to get a direct answerI have... kind of an embarrassing question, I think. Does anyone know if you're allowed to leave the room (e.g., to use the bathroom) during the MMI rest stations? I'm not sure if you're just supposed to stay in front of the computer or not. (Or if it makes a difference when you're done with all the interviewer stations at that point.)
Thanks! I'm a little nervous about asking this in front of everyone else, haha... Tried finding an answer on the NYU website, but didn't see one. I think we're not supposed to interact with anything during our interview (and rest stations are technically part of the MMI circuit), so I guess I'm confused on that.i think you should be good to do that, but you can ask during the orientation in the morning to get a direct answer
smartcat2022
Full Member
I interviewed a bit ago and they did mention trying to stay in the room if you can during the KIRA breaks! Just because when they start they start so you don't miss anything by accidentI have... kind of an embarrassing question, I think. Does anyone know if you're allowed to leave the room (e.g., to use the bathroom) during the MMI rest stations? I'm not sure if you're just supposed to stay in front of the computer or not. (Or if it makes a difference when you're done with all the interviewer stations at that point.)
I see... If it's a quick bathroom break (that is, within the rest station limit), would that be fine? (Sorry, just wanted to clarify if they addressed this exact situation, since you mentioned that they said people should try to stay in the room.)I interviewed a bit ago and they did mention trying to stay in the room if you can during the KIRA breaks! Just because when they start they start so you don't miss anything by accident
So no As until late November?i was there today! dean rivera did reiterate that they were running behind, and that most of the first wave of acceptances will likely go out from late november to late december. if you secure a post-II CR, that's good bc it means you're still in the running for an A.
good luck everybody!!
I went to bathroom during rest stations. You have 7 minutes, more than enoughI see... If it's a quick bathroom break (that is, within the rest station limit), would that be fine? (Sorry, just wanted to clarify if they addressed this exact situation, since you mentioned that they said people should try to stay in the room.)
They explicitly told us during our interview not to leave- unlike the other commenters, he implied it might be falsely detected as 'cheating'. Pretty brutal, and I can't imagine that's what actually happens, but just FYIThanks! I'm a little nervous about asking this in front of everyone else, haha... Tried finding an answer on the NYU website, but didn't see one. I think we're not supposed to interact with anything during our interview (and rest stations are technically part of the MMI circuit), so I guess I'm confused on that.
I interviewed a bit ago and they did mention trying to stay in the room if you can during the KIRA breaks! Just because when they start they start so you don't miss anything by accident
I went to bathroom during rest stations. You have 7 minutes, more than enough
😦 Uh oh...They explicitly told us during our interview not to leave- unlike the other commenters, he implied it might be falsely detected as 'cheating'. Pretty brutal, and I can't imagine that's what actually happens, but just FYI
Come to think of it, I haven't seen many descriptions of what's expected during rest stations, even in general MMI "What to Expect" guides. I imagine it probably differs between schools (like the MMI itself), but I think I've heard of people getting a sip of water, etc.? 7 minutes can definitely be enough time for that, plus a bathroom break...
Like Blueflower2024, I assumed that "rest" meant a break for the applicant in the sense that you can go to the bathroom, get up and stretch, maybe have a snack, etc.... (Though I wouldn't trust myself to have a snack within 7 minutes, lol.) Feel like entering/exiting-the-room policies are probably explicitly outlined somewhere, but given that there are people here disagreeing about them, I'm not that sure anymore.
lmao I might be cooked. Personally I don't see how leaving the room during rest station imply cheating in anyway, it's not like you are given any unanswered prompt, but just in case don't be like me lol.😦 Uh oh...
Come to think of it, I haven't seen many descriptions of what's expected during rest stations, even in general MMI "What to Expect" guides. I imagine it probably differs between schools (like the MMI itself), but I think I've heard of people getting a sip of water, etc.? 7 minutes can definitely be enough time for that, plus a bathroom break...
Like Blueflower2024, I assumed that "rest" meant a break for the applicant in the sense that you can go to the bathroom, get up and stretch, maybe have a snack, etc.... (Though I wouldn't trust myself to have a snack within 7 minutes, lol.) Feel like entering/exiting-the-room policies are probably explicitly outlined somewhere, but given that there are people here disagreeing about them, I'm not that sure anymore.
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
I think they fear that the you that came back on screen is not really you and is in fact an intelligent skin walker. Valid fear to have IMO.lmao I might be cooked. Personally I don't see how leaving the room during rest station imply cheating in anyway, it's not like you are given any unanswered prompt, but just in case don't be like me lol.
I interviewed a bit ago and they did mention trying to stay in the room if you can during the KIRA breaks! Just because when they start they start so you don't miss anything by accident
This kind of sounds like Stanford and NYU (smartcat2022's description) have the same policy to me... But on the other hand, other people here have said they were explicitly told not to leave the room 😭. Uhhh...Yeah i think it differs by school. NYU for me explicitly said don't leave or go on your phone or anything during the rest but Stanford they said feel free to use the bathroom, just come back before time is up.
I hope it doesn't shake out that way 😔. It sounds like people heard different policies... I don't know what to make of it.lmao I might be cooked. Personally I don't see how leaving the room during rest station imply cheating in anyway, it's not like you are given any unanswered prompt, but just in case don't be like me lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they had two massive interview waves. This year looks like the first has happened but not the second yet.is NYU done sending interviewers? are august submitters completely wrecked?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
no, nois NYU done sending interviewers? are august submitters completely wrecked?
greenhondacivic
Full Member
not sure tbh! my comment was concerning majority of As, but if i were to guess, early interviewers might hear back earlier than that. i am but a fellow applicant with a flawed memory and i don’t want to spread any misinformation hahaSo no As until late November?
5ArthurBron5
Full Member
Is it possible for someone who submitted 7/11 to get an interview...
pinkfluffyunicorn
Full Member
I literally just received an interview with a submit date right around then!Is it possible for someone who submitted 7/11 to get an interview...
5ArthurBron5
Full Member
Oh CONGRATS!!! Is this their second wave then?I literally just received an interview with a submit date right around then!
I have the NYU interview coming up in next 3 days and am nervous. I have one clarification from those that have done the interviews already this year. Can you comment on the time given for each MMI Prompt? Like how much time allocated for contemplation after the prompt is given (also is the prompt given by live interviewer or is it shown on the screen few minutes before entering the station), how much time given for actual response and if there is a discussion there after that the interviewer would be delving on?
Those who completed this year MMI interviews, Please Please Please comment ...
Those who completed this year MMI interviews, Please Please Please comment ...
It feels very natural. No formal "contemplation time" or reading prompt time is given (nor is it necessary). Live question from the interviewer and then a conversation with the interviewer after that. 7 minutes per station. I don't want to go too far into details but this is all listed on their website.I have the NYU interview coming up in next 3 days and am nervous. I have one clarification from those that have done the interviews already this year. Can you comment on the time given for each MMI Prompt? Like how much time allocated for contemplation after the prompt is given (also is the prompt given by live interviewer or is it shown on the screen few minutes before entering the station), how much time given for actual response and if there is a discussion there after that the interviewer would be delving on?
Those who completed this year MMI interviews, Please Please Please comment ...
Basically all this information is available here: What to Expect from the MD Multiple Mini Interview | NYU Langone Health
daredevil.
Full Member
Yall think decisions start comin out this week?
coffeebeansoup
Full Member
+1 OOS II. Submitted 8/21. LM 82
Literally never been more excited or nervous for anything in my life
Literally never been more excited or nervous for anything in my life
5ArthurBron5
Full Member
Congrats!! Just now?+1 OOS II. Submitted 8/21. LM 82
Literally never been more excited or nervous for anything in my life
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeebeansoup
Full Member
Yep! It popped up as I was turning my alarm off lolCongrats!! Just now?
5pinalc0rd
Full Member
+1 OOS II, Submitted 7/7, LM 79.5. While my MCAT is 523, my gpa is a 3.87, which is below their 10th percentile of 3.90, so I'm wondering if I even stand a chance or if this is going to be basically a 100% chance of WL/R?
Last edited:
JorgeSalcedo
New Member
I really hope so. With the second wave of interviews, it feels promisingYall think decisions start comin out this week?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
The school gets enough applicants to fill their class 4 times over with perfect scorers. If they interview you, there is a reason and it’s not to simply hold a waitlist position+1 OOS II, Submitted 7/7, LM 79.5. While my MCAT is 523, my gpa is a 3.87, which is below their 10th percentile of 3.90, so I'm wondering if I even stand a chance or if this is going to be basically a 100% chance of WL/R?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K