2013-2014 Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The first batch of letters were just sent.

Members don't see this ad.

The LCME medical school directory shows UCC is accredited and to be surveyed this academic year 2013-2014.

Well im sitting in the waiting room waiting to be called. Theres 19 people here and im number 7. They said we will receive a decision in 2 weeks. The adcom meets next week

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be nice if we become classmates though... Have you had any news from SJB? I was looking for the step 1 passing rate for UCC and SJB and was unsuccessful finding them... Do you know anything about step 1 passing rate for both schools?
IDK about SJB but I know UCC has essentially the same stats as Ponce

Hey its not my fault the admissions lady gives me false info

How did the interview go?

The interviews where great. In my opinion the 5 mini interviews help alleviate anxiety and feel more natural. I really enjoyed the experience.

The interviews where great. In my opinion the 5 mini interviews help alleviate anxiety and feel more natural. I really enjoyed the experience.
Awesome, thanks. How many participants were there? Did you get a tour? I'd be interested in touring the hospital next to campus where I believe rotations take place did you learn any info on that? Any insider's tip as I'll be in those shoes in a couple of weeks? Where did you stay? Did you learn about rest of admission process? I'm really excited about this school! TIA

Does anyone knows how long this school will be giving ii?

If I'm not mistaken the email from admission stated that interviews will be carried out January through April although that's probably not the info you're looking for.

Awesome, thanks. How many participants were there? Did you get a tour? I'd be interested in touring the hospital next to campus where I believe rotations take place did you learn any info on that? Any insider's tip as I'll be in those shoes in a couple of weeks? Where did you stay? Did you learn about rest of admission process? I'm really excited about this school! TIA

The group consisted of 19 people, including me. You don't get a tour but you can walk freely across the small campus. I've never been to the hospital and have no clue about the quality of rotations, I'll ask a friend of mine who is MS3 there thia week. The best advice I can give is be yourself. I'm in state so I didn't stay at a hotel, there's a Hyatt Place really close to the school, you might wanna check that out. The only other thing I know is that the earliest I can expect admissions is tuesday of next week.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The group consisted of 19 people, including me. You don't get a tour but you can walk freely across the small campus. I've never been to the hospital and have no clue about the quality of rotations, I'll ask a friend of mine who is MS3 there thia week. The best advice I can give is be yourself. I'm in state so I didn't stay at a hotel, there's a Hyatt Place really close to the school, you might wanna check that out. The only other thing I know is that the earliest I can expect admissions is tuesday of next week.

Good luck.

Thanks so much! Best to you. Exito!

Members don't see this ad :)
@DrOne I called today and they said they cancelled this week's board meeting. They expect the board to meet by the end of next week or the other. I am anxious

@DrOne I called today and they said they cancelled this week's board meeting. They expect the board to meet by the end of next week or the other. I am anxious

When I interviewed at Ponce, the exact same thing happened. I had to wait over a month for the acceptance. The waiting sucks but I'm quite confident in my performance.

BTW did you notice that this schools is about 6 grand more expensive than Ponce. I would probably attend it for convenience sake, since it is closer from my family, but it would mean that I will be about 24 grand more in debt after 4 years.

Still no word from adcom? I'm leaving tonight for San Juan; so excited!!

uploadfromtaptalk1392687344189.jpg

That's from their website. 90% first time sounds quite good.

Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 178566

That's from their website. 90% first time sounds quite good.

Impressive! That shows you MCAT score probably has NO correlation with Step1. UCC average MCAT score is 20-21, but these students kill Step1. BIG CONGRATS TO THEM!

Reactions: 1 user
The next adcom meeting is thursday. Acceptances should be out next week

Hi All, I know the interview day starts at 8am, what time does it end? (need to book a departure tix)

depends on how early u arrive. i was 7th to arrive and i left around 10:30.

Thanks for the reply! So Im guessing no one went past say 3pm?

No one is supposed to go past 1. Get there early. 7:30. And you will probably be the first one to be interviewed and be out by 9ish

Thanks! i plan to fly in and out, so this info was super helpful!

Hi All, I know the interview day starts at 8am, what time does it end? (need to book a departure tix)

Congrats on your II! Interview day starts at 8:30am and you should be available to stay on campus until about 1pm especially if you want a chance tour volunteered by current med student(s). Enjoy and exito!

Ugh. Adcom meeting last week got cancelled. So hopefully they meet this week and decisions should be out by early march.

This is ridiculous!

When I interviewed at Ponce, the exact same thing happened. I had to wait over a month for the acceptance. The waiting sucks but I'm quite confident in my performance.

BTW did you notice that this schools is about 6 grand more expensive than Ponce. I would probably attend it for convenience sake, since it is closer from my family, but it would mean that I will be about 24 grand more in debt after 4 years.

I was thrilled about ponce but i really dont want my fiance to have to move and/or travel forwork. So if ucc says yes bring on the debt, i wasinitially considering US scohols so not a huge change. Although RCM. Would be ideal

I was thrilled about ponce but i really dont want my fiance to have to move and/or travel forwork. So if ucc says yes bring on the debt, i wasinitially considering US scohols so not a huge change. Although RCM. Would be ideal

I'm in a similar situation. If the acceptance comes and RCM silently rejects me I'll attend UCC.

Just spoke with Irma. People who have interviewed between january 29 and february 28 will receive decisions either by mail or email mid march.

Thanks for the confirmation Pigletgurl90. Irma Cordero mentioned that when I interviewed on 2/21. Did she specify whether email is good news and snail mail not so good news?

She said decisions would be emailed if they were pressed on time/delayed. Snail mail is the normal communication of decisions.

She said decisions would be emailed if they were pressed on time/delayed. Snail mail is the normal communication of decisions.
Thanks! Did you get contacts for fellow interviewees? I did and emailed them all but no response...

Anyone know approximately what percentage of interviewees get accepted?

Called today, decisions should be expected for most at the end of the week. But there's still a batch that will be evaluated at the next meeting at the end of the month.

I just called as well. My file has been evaluated. Meaning my fate is sealed. Im gonna stalk my mailbox this week.

Just received the email today I got in, so so so happy! Wish you all the best.

How weird that i was told letters are to be sent this week and someone gets accepted by email... im so confused

I just called again and Edllian told me no acceptance notices have been sent out this week yet. Oh well.

Well I received an email from Irma Cordero telling me I was accepted and that I should be expecting to receive my letter package during the week.

Congrats mcatholic! Exciting news. Hope to share that joy with you soon. ;-)

Just called. They are sending decisions through snail mail in batches. First batch sent was on monday and every other day or so they will keeping sending them in batches. Also for those wondering the last interview date is march 28.

So, la suerte está echada. The die is cast. In case the worst happened, what are your opinions about other Caribbean medical schools, such as the so called Big Four (SGU, AUC, Ross and Saba)? Those schools are preferred to, lets say México (AUG), for example? I am from PR and since I plan to practice in PR I really wanted to study at a LCME accredited medical school. It will be very frustrating if I'm rejected after so many months of MCAT studying and years studying the BS.