2021-2022 Universidad Central del Caribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received this morning!

How have you all been paying secondary fees? I reached out to admissions but I'm still not certain which method will be best to pay the fees given that I am currently in mainland US.

Members don't see this ad :)
How have you all been paying secondary fees? I reached out to admissions but I'm still not certain which method will be best to pay the fees given that I am currently in mainland US.
I think they specified it’s a mailed money order? Tbh this is the first time I’ve ever sent a money order so I will report back.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread has been incredibly quiet. I received an email from admissions a month ago but haven't heard anything since.

How was your interview? Did you have a virtual interview?
My interview was fully virtual. It was mmi format, all in Spanish except for one station in English. They were relatively difficult questions but otherwise low stress.

What are the chances someone could go to this school but also participate in research at UPR? It looks like research opportunities are a little thin for UCC

What are the chances someone could go to this school but also participate in research at UPR? It looks like research opportunities are a little thin for UCC
Hello, Former UCC student and current resident, the chances of doing research on UPR, coming from Ponce, SJB, UCC are possible. Obviously, UPR will give priority to their students, but it will depend on your approach and initiative. Many UCC students completed research on UPR due to the fact that our school is close (location) to UPR. For this reason, my advice to future MD students is to also take into consideration the location of your future school, since many of the residency opportunities, research, and exposure are on UPR. On the other hand, for summer research, recently UCC as made good connections, and this year members of Class 2025 will be going to awesome schools during summer. Hope it helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, Former UCC student and current resident, the chances of doing research on UPR, coming from Ponce, SJB, UCC are possible. Obviously, UPR will give priority to their students, but it will depend on your approach and initiative. Many UCC students completed research on UPR due to the fact that our school is close (location) to UPR. For this reason, my advice to future MD students is to also take into consideration the location of your future school, since many of the residency opportunities, research, and exposure are on UPR. On the other hand, for summer research, recently UCC as made good connections, and this year members of Class 2025 will be going to awesome schools during summer. Hope it helps.
Definitely helps. I'm glad to hear it. I was in between those three schools and decided on UCC. It seems like they're really setting up a good program with the connections they've made and such. Also looks like they've been having some pretty solid match lists. Thanks for your help.